• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Sean Davis 3rd Forrest Gump moment

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
How about we just don't pay attention to you

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Steeler Nation mobile app

I don't think you can! I've asked you to skip my posts, and you just can't deal with actual football related replies that do not suit the narrative you want to read.

Davis can keep missing tackles that lead to scores and dropping interceptions...that won't get old for you, but I suspect it will for other fans with time.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
And Burns dropped an even easier one Sunday and misjudged his jump on a lobbed pass that went over his head for a completion on the sideline....so two missed opportunities in one game for Burns....Davis' tackling (as has been pointed out to you) is much improved and Burns had a few misses himself Sunday....

Burns is making plays Coolie. He's got the best ball skills on the team. Look at how often his hands are on the ball in comparison to Davis? Turnover is huge, and preventing passed from being completed are what this team needs to get the defense off the field. This is what Burns is doing.

Do I think Bruns needs to upgrade his tackling? Absolutely, but when the ball is in the air, he's a natural ball hawk or passes deflector. That was his starting on the college films and clips shown here

I pointed out that Davis had just 3 PD's in college for two full seasons! Burns had six interceptions in his last season. See the difference?

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
I don't think you can! I've asked you to skip my posts, and you just can't deal with actual football related replies that do not suit the narrative you want to read.

Davis can keep missing tackles that lead to scores and dropping interceptions...that won't get old for you, but I suspect it will for other fans with time.

cockrell got beat like a drum Sunday...almost every big catch was by his man....Davis may have given up one catch, it looked to be a zone coverage and the receiver caught the ball between Timmons and Davis..so I blame the faster guy....Burns missed multiple tackles and dropped an easy int and misjudged his jump on another one....

antdrewjosh

Reaction score

That's you lol. Ike and others has pointed out the flaws in your posts and bias and yet you still carrying on.

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Burns is making plays Coolie. He's got the best ball skills on the team. Look at how often his hands are on the ball in comparison to Davis? Turnover is huge, and preventing passed from being completed are what this team needs to get the defense off the field. This is what Burns is doing.

Do I think Bruns needs to upgrade his tackling? Absolutely, but when the ball is in the air, he's a natural ball hawk or passes deflector. That was his starting on the college films and clips shown here

I pointed out that Davis had just 3 PD's in college for two full seasons! Burns had six interceptions in his last season. See the difference?

you are comparing a true corner to a safety that played out of position a lot to cover for injuries....it is not an equal comparison. The two years he had 3 PDs, was he used in coverage a lot or was he asked to stack the box and counter the run? You don't know and neither do I....

You like to find your little whipping boy and ride his ***.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
cockrell got beat like a drum Sunday...almost every big catch was by his man....Davis may have given up one catch, it looked to be a zone coverage and the receiver caught the ball between Timmons and Davis..so I blame the faster guy....Burns missed multiple tackles and dropped an easy int and misjudged his jump on another one....

Look, its simple Davis has given up plays for scores and committed a penalty that cost the STEELERS a game.

There other players are at least making plays to help the team. Daivs to date has not.

Cockrell's body of work for the season has been pretty solid. Davis? :eek1:

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
you are comparing a true corner to a safety that played out of position a lot to cover for injuries....it is not an equal comparison. The two years he had 3 PDs, was he used in coverage a lot or was he asked to stack the box and counter the run? You don't know and neither do I....

You like to find your little whipping boy and ride his ***.
He was used in the box coolie

antdrewjosh

Reaction score

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder what would a poll asking who agrees with Coach's opinion on Davis tell?

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Look, its simple Davis has given up plays for scores and committed a penalty that cost the STEELERS a game.

There other players are at least making plays to help the team. Daivs to date has not.

your hateraid is strong against this one...you are just trying to justify your draft day dismay over this pick. He is not an all pro at this point, but he is not the garbage you make him out to be either

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
How much any one want to bet that if Chickillo had scored on that fumble return like Davis did Coach would be talking about it even though it was called back for a penalty

LeXX75

Contributor
Reaction score

yep because Davis let Elliot run into the EZ with that penalty...

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Jarvis Jones has more interceptions than Cockrell. Obviously cockrell sucks *** and must go

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score

Coach, for the love of God, would you READ before posting. In fact just go back to post 134 so you can see AGAIN, your statements are wrong because you don't know or purposely ignore the facts

Davis had 14 PD's at Maryland. His Jr year he recorded 8 (EIGHT) PDs, and 3 (THREE) in his Sr. year. So he had 11 PDs in his final 2 years combined. Not "3 in two years". Do you need this painted on your forehead to remember?

Also, Artie Burns had the same number of PDs in college. 14. That's right he had 14.

As I explained in the post before, college stats mean nil at this moment But you want to harp on INTs in college......Davis had 5 INTs in college, 3 in his final year. Burns, had 7 at Miami. 6 in his final 12 games as a senior (but had 1 in his previous 22 games. One in two years). So Artie had 3 more playing CB, while Davis was playing Safety/CB in his final college season.

Turnovers are huge? You bet they are. And Davis had more in college. Including the INTs Davis had 5 forced fumbles his senior year. Artie had none. So Davis actually had 2 more T/Os than Burns.

Burns making plays, "look how more often his hands are on the ball"..."in comparison to Davis". Stating the obvious when his position allows more opportunities. If. Burns was playing Safety would he have the opportunity he's had now? Most likely no. Someone reported Davis had 2 passes thrown to him last game. 2 passes. Does he need to go off assignment so as to make plays on the ball outside his AOR?

Get some understanding of the material please and read before you post.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Coach, for the love of God, would you READ before posting. In fact just go back to post 134 so you can see AGAIN, your statements are wrong because you don't know or purposely ignore the facts

Davis had 14 PD's at Maryland. His Jr year he recorded 8 (EIGHT) PDs, and 3 (THREE) in his Sr. year. So he had 11 PDs in his final 2 years combined. Not "3 in two years". Do you need this painted on your forehead to remember?

Also, Artie Burns had the same number of PDs in college. 14. That's right he had 14.

As I explained in the post before, college stats mean nil at this moment But you want to harp on INTs in college......Davis had 5 INTs in college, 3 in his final year. Burns, had 7 at Miami. 6 in his final 12 games as a senior (but had 1 in his previous 22 games. One in two years). So Artie had 3 more playing CB, while Davis was playing Safety/CB in his final college season.

Turnovers are huge? You bet they are. And Davis had more in college. Including the INTs Davis had 5 forced fumbles his senior year. Artie had none. So Davis actually had 2 more T/Os than Burns.

Burns making plays, "look how more often his hands are on the ball"..."in comparison to Davis". Stating the obvious when his position allows more opportunities. If. Burns was playing Safety would he have the opportunity he's had now? Most likely no. Someone reported Davis had 2 passes thrown to him last game. 2 passes. Does he need to go off assignment so as to make plays on the ball outside his AOR?

Get some understanding of the material please and read before you post.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app
Dutifully ignored

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...s-film-room-near-hits-near-misses-sean-davis/

paperclip

Reaction score
LOVED that Timmons hit that knocked a ball lose. Davis' TD was called back by a penalty though. On who/what?

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Davis has a good chance of being the Steelers rookie of the year. I wonder whos head will implode if that happens?

paperclip

Reaction score
Chik could be rookie of the year, too. "I mean, he's a 2nd year player, but with limited play time last year..... he's like a rookie."

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
Davis isn't the brightest bulb in the huddle, but the kid plays with intensity, passion and heart. I didn't get too disappointed in his facemask penalty at the end of the Dallas game. The kid was trying to make a play. He is going to be a bright spot on this team for quite a few years

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Davis isn't the brightest bulb in the huddle, but the kid plays with intensity, passion and heart. I didn't get too disappointed in his facemask penalty at the end of the Dallas game. The kid was trying to make a play. He is going to be a bright spot on this team for quite a few years
On what exactly are you basing his lack of smarts on..from everything ivw read about him he is very smart. Able to learn different languages. Able to learn two different positions in college and at the pro level. He's a smart kid..

paperclip

Reaction score
He speaks English, French, and Chinese and majored in communication during his time at Maryland

mdk2

Reaction score
He speaks English, French, and Chinese and majored in communication during his time at Maryland

What an idiot. Clearly, he has a very low IQ which would translate over to the football field.