• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Sean Davis 3rd Forrest Gump moment

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
So, good plays are only rated against the good teams that we play??? You really need a drink...

You do owe me a long island iced tea. Nah, Just saying his better play is vs two bad teams ( Colts without luck win maybe 5 games, and the Clowns might not win one this year )

Having said that, I do think Davis has overcome many bad rookie mistakes and plays. The more positive and less negative he does, the better. We have no other options worth shouting about at safety.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Hey, Tomlin is 1 win away from 100 wins. That would mean a bit more if Lewis didn't have 116 wins. Better hidden praise?

and how many years has lewis been a head coach?

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh...-tomlin-one-win-away-from-elusive-100-10-club

Since Tomlin joined the franchise in 2007, the Steelers' 99-57 regular-season record is the third best league wide, behind the New England Patriots' 122-34 record and the Green Bay Packers' 102-53-1 clip.

coaches that made it to 100 wins in their first 10 years coaching....don't see lewis' name

Mike Ditka, Tony Dungy, Joe Gibbs, John Madden, Mike McCarthy, George Seifert, Don Shula.

Last edited:

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Who said anything about doing in in ten years?

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Who said anything about doing in in ten years?

you wanted to compare lewis' win total to Tomlin's....just pointing out that there are different lengths of tenure involved between the two...something like 4 seasons....

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
you wanted to compare lewis' win total to Tomlin's....just pointing out that there are different lengths of tenure involved between the two...something like 4 seasons....

Tomlin's talent over his ten years is much greater than Lewis. So you'd expect him to win more often.

The bar this year is one playoff win. No playoffs or a playoff loss means Tomlin is underachieving relative to his talent. Most here felt this was a 10-6 to 12-4 type of team in the prediction thread.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Tomlin's talent over his ten years is much greater than Lewis. So you'd expect him to win more often.

The bar this year is one playoff win. No playoffs or a playoff loss means Tomlin is underachieving relative to his talent. Most here felt this was a 10-6 to 12-4 type of team in the prediction thread.

how can that be if Tomlin and Colbert suck at evaluating talent?

if that is your point..why throw out lewis' win total even though he has been at it 4 extra years? Likely because you like to think you are smarter than everyone and no one would realize the difference in seasons coached.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
You do owe me a long island iced tea. Nah, Just saying his better play is vs two bad teams ( Colts without luck win maybe 5 games, and the Clowns might not win one this year )

Having said that, I do think Davis has overcome many bad rookie mistakes and plays. The more positive and less negative he does, the better. We have no other options worth shouting about at safety.

I seem to remember playing the Giants last Sunday. And, if memory serves, Davis made his first career INT at a critical spot during that game. Showing excellent read, react and range while doing so. Are we just throwing that game away as it doesn't fit the "plays well against bad teams mantra"?

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I seem to remember playing the Giants last Sunday. And, if memory serves, Davis made his first career INT at a critical spot during that game. Showing excellent read, react and range while doing so. Are we just throwing that game away as it doesn't fit the "plays well against bad teams mantra"?

#ThisDoesNotFitMyAgendaSignedCoach

SteveA

Reaction score
Pretty ridiculous thread and some less than astute observations. If you are expecting rookies in any profession, let alone one as brutal as this to not have gaffes is just plain unrealistic. You learn in life and jobs what works and doesn't work, we learn from our mistakes. I hire people on potential knowing they will make tons of mistakes, errors in judgment and will miss golden opportunities because of inexperience. Let the kids grow and learn from their new real life on the job training......A Forrest Gump moment? Hell, I wish I could see the tape of all of our lives in the early days. What mistakes did we make?.......Experience & mistakes help us grow, they are a necessary part of the process.....

paperclip

Reaction score
Davis football IQ is about as low as Shark Thomas, and he has only made one play on the ball. The rookie, for now, is a liability. Whether he has it above the neck for his 2nd season remains to be seen.

I think we've seen.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Dont we have enough coach threads without resuscitating them... lol ...
he woulda started a new Davis thread as soon as the guy got burned or missed a tackle... yinze coulda waited��

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Sean Davis’ impressive rookie season continued Sunday as he led the team in tackles with nine while also recording a drive-killing sack and the game-changing fumble recovery that led to Pittsburgh’s first points of the game. He’s been a game-changer in coverage as well, taking away underneath options and tight ends and consistently forcing teams to options outside the numbers.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/steelers/story/1743123-jon-ledyard-s-all-22-review-browns-steelers

Davis showing just cause you don't get your hands on the ball doesn't mean you aren't good in pass defense. Taking your man out of the equation for QBs is even better

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Steeler Nation mobile app

Last edited: