• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Sean Davis 3rd Forrest Gump moment

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
I said I would post much on Davis unless he has another Forrest Gump-like moment. He did it again...

Last edited:

TazManianDevil

Forefather
Reaction score
can someone post the article...don't have a subscription.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
Or forget to mention that the play had all the makings of a make up call for the play where Willie Gay almost ripped dude's head off a couple plays before. Rookies make occasional blunders, and that was definitely one...before that play he was having a very solid game. I know this gives you fuel for your Davis hate agenda but c'mon.

I did see Chicky make a great play to start the game on a high note, only to be followed with zero ability to contain edge rushes his way to the point where he wasn't even on the field in the 2nd half for an equally pathetic Moats. Another threaded on the future HOF candidate Chicky forthcoming?

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Or forget to mention that the play had all the makings of a make up call for the play where Willie Gay almost ripped dude's head off a couple plays before. Rookies make occasional blunders, and that was definitely one...before that play he was having a very solid game. I know this gives you fuel for your Davis hate agenda but c'mon.

I did see Chicky make a great play to start the game on a high note, only to be followed with zero ability to contain edge rushes his way to the point where he wasn't even on the field in the 2nd half for an equally pathetic Moats. Another threaded on the future HOF candidate Chicky forthcoming?

Chickillo is earning third down-rush the passer snaps but he is lacking at rush D which I thought was his best trait out of college. At least there's still hope for him being a rotational guy in the team, young and cheap

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Fiji Mariner. Or forget to mention that the play had all the makings of a make up call for the play where Willie Gay almost ripped dude's head off a couple plays before. Rookies make occasional blunders, and that was definitely one...before that play he was having a very solid game.

Gay had this to say about Davis:

When media members first started to gather around Sean Davis' locker immediately after the Steelers' locker room opened Sunday night, William Gay saw it coming and suggested the rookie safety take refuge.

Davis football IQ is about as low as Shark Thomas, and he has only made one play on the ball. The rookie, for now, is a liability. Whether he has it above the neck for his 2nd season remains to be seen.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Gay had this to say about Davis:

When media members first started to gather around Sean Davis' locker immediately after the Steelers' locker room opened Sunday night, William Gay saw it coming and suggested the rookie safety take refuge.

Davis football IQ is about as low as Shark Thomas, and he has only made one play on the ball. The rookie, for now, is a liability. Whether he has it above the neck for his 2nd season remains to be seen.

I honestly think you are mistaken with theshark comparison

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Davis had a face mask... right after VETERAN William Gay got away with one. Davis made several nice plays and that tackle on Elliot was big time. A dude who was breaking tackles from everyone including D-linemen and LB's who are actually bigger than Elliot got dropped one-on-one with Davis. I feel his best position is safety and they need to get that nickel **** out of their heads. Arrow is definitely pointing up.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
I honestly think you are mistaken with theshark comparison

Coach is mistaken on most of his comparisons. Both DB rookies played well, but had mistakes. How can one miss the face mask by Gay and then call Davis's? That was a make up flag. Egregious errors on officials for both teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Coach is mistaken on most of his comparisons. Both DB rookies played well, but had mistakes. How can one miss the face mask by Gay and then call Davis's? That was a make up flag. Egregious errors on officials for both teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Sorry, but unless a coach said Davis was supposed to sprint down the field and leaving his man unblocked on the punt, this is a second game pinned on him being not smart.

Play the rookie card all you wish. I see zero plays from Davis. Burns is adding while he learns.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Sorry, but unless a coach said Davis was supposed to sprint down the field and leaving his man unblocked on the punt, this is a second game pinned on him being not smart.

Play the rookie card all you wish. I see zero plays from Davis. Burns is adding while he learns.
Special teams coach has already excused Davis for that play. He did exactly what he had been doing all game on that punt play

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Steeler Nation mobile app

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Special teams coach has already excused Davis for that play. He did exactly what he had been doing all game on that punt play

Actually he said that Davis did not hear Golden or there was miscommunication between them.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
IMO if you are not going to call Bryant for OPI for pushing off twice on burns on that TD then you can not give a team 15 yards for incidental contact on Written's face mask in that situation. His head or neck wasn't turned..

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Actually he said that Davis did not hear Golden or there was miscommunication between them.

antdrewjosh, did you read that?

If the ST coach said Davis did his assignment, then the personal protector ( guys behind the LOS near the punter ) if deployed had to pick up that man. I did not see one.

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
IMO if you are not going to call Bryant for OPI for pushing off twice on burns on that TD then you can not give a team 15 yards for incidental contact on Written's face mask in that situation. His head or neck wasn't turned..

Sadly, there is no incidental facemask 5 yard penalty anymore. You touch the mask it's 15 yards. Why Davis grabbed the mask when Witten was already held up and stopped is beyond me, go for the strip / fumble.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
“To just give one up, that’s coaching. And I mean that sincerely. We had a lack of communication between two players. One guy did one thing, another guy did another thing…it was a lack of communication, and I’m going to take the blame for that. We got two players on the field who aren’t on the same page. That’s me. We handled that on Monday, we’ll handle that today in practice, and we’ll move forward. And it won’t happen again.”

The coach took responsibility for the play

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Sadly, there is no incidental facemask 5 yard penalty anymore. You touch the mask it's 15 yards. Why Davis grabbed the mask when Witten was already held up and stopped is beyond me, go for the strip / fumble.
Sadly there isn't but of the call isn't egregious you change the outcome of a game like that. If you let them play on Bryant's TD you let them play there. Gay's face mask was way worst.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

The guy's football IQ is lower than his jersey number. When your head coaches gambles, and you have players not having it above the neck making critical mistakes at the end of the game, you tend to lose.

LeXX75

Contributor
Reaction score
The guy's football IQ is lower than his jersey number. When your head coaches gambles, and you have players not having it above the neck making critical mistakes at the end of the game, you tend to lose.

so unlike Troy his head is too small ?

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
so unlike Troy his head is too small ?

With all the shower and head talk, sorry I'm opting out!

Please no more using Polamalu and Davis in the same sentence.

chipped ham

Reaction score

Based on what exactly? Are you ripping Ross Cockrell for doing his best Mike Mitchell impression the drive before knocking that dude out of bounds? Gave Dallas the ******* ball at midfield. That play was more egregious, to me anyway, than the Davis play. The trash defense wasn't stopping Dallas so whole the Davis play can be glossed over and over, the reality is Butler played his defense not to lose and was going to lose that game no matter what.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Based on what exactly? Are you ripping Ross Cockrell for doing his best Mike Mitchell impression the drive before knocking that dude out of bounds? Gave Dallas the ******* ball at midfield. That play was more egregious, to me anyway, than the Davis play. The trash defense wasn't stopping Dallas so whole the Davis play can be glossed over and over, the reality is Butler played his defense not to lose and was going to lose that game no matter what.
The last drive illustrated our biggest issue. We don't have anyone who can get to the QB when we rush just 4. And I don't know why James Harrison is on the sidelines in that situation.