• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Why is nobody ripping sCam Newton???

Steelin

Contributor
Reaction score
One is a white guy growing up with white man culture. The other is not. Of course Manning never danced or bragged; it's 100% unnatural for him to do stuff like that. Why can't we just acknowledge that different cultures have differing accepted actions. Personally, if I was a Panther fan I would cringe a little when Cam says things like people are afraid of him, etc. But I'm not gonna condemn him over it, like he is rubbish because of it.

Class is beyond culture to some degree. Cam lacks class regardless of his cultural designation. Are you giving him a pass on acting like a jackass becausd he's black? I call BS.

papillon

Reaction score
Newton had an opportunity in the post-game presser to be a hero.

He blew it. Big time.

End of story.

He let the Broncos defense get in his head one last time, I think he got up and walked out of the interview when Harris Jr. started telling him that they purposely stacked the box and dared Cam to beat them.

Papillon

papillon

Reaction score
Last night it wasn't. At least on ESPN.

I don't know what station Faulk, Sanders and Irvin are on, but Irvin and Sanders were letting him have it pretty good and when Faulk came to his defense they let Faulk have it as well.

Papillon

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
I've seen Bill Cowher do it. When he did it, was he also a "petulant child" deserving scorn?

The other point is that NO ONE is more classy than Manning. If you don't live up to his standard of class, it doesn't mean you are a bottom feeder. There is plenty of room in between those two extremes.

When did Cowher do it? And was it after talking all week about how great he was and i new type of coach that no one has seen before?

Steelin

Contributor
Reaction score
When did Cowher do it? And was it after talking all week about how great he was and i new type of coach that no one has seen before?

Chuckle...the chin you know.

papillon

Reaction score
I've seen Bill Cowher do it. When he did it, was he also a "petulant child" deserving scorn?

The other point is that NO ONE is more classy than Manning. If you don't live up to his standard of class, it doesn't mean you are a bottom feeder. There is plenty of room in between those two extremes.

I don't think I said or even indicated that Newton was a bottom feeder, there was a comment paraphrasing here "if Peyton did it, it would all be good", I was simply stating that in all the years I've watched him play I don't recall him storming off the set because he didn't want to answer questions.

I don't recall Cowher doing it, if you say he did, then I'll take that at its face value and say that I wouldn't be thrilled that he did it. Of course, Bill Cowher didn't tell everyone how great he was and that he's different than anything you've ever seen, or told people to stop him if you don't like his celebration, etc. There is always context to these types of things and up until this point in his career, IMO, Cam hasn't earned enough "good will" so to speak through his play and demeanor to be above reproach for a gaffe of this nature. He'll learn, hopefully, he'll watch the tape and see how poorly he came off during the interview. As my dad always told me, you have to accept the bad with the good and be prepared to explain yourself, Cam is still having difficulty accepting the bad.

Pappy

Max Power

Forefather
Reaction score
Newton had his one chance.

Those of us not sold (Pre Super Bowl) had doubts as to his "Game", regardless of how their season went. The Cam Newton of previous seasons wasn't invincible, not even close.

Plenty were on the Band Wagon and thought Carolina to be the odds on favorites. Cam could do no wrong. The rest, well many were just waiting for it to happen, and happen it did. He didn't live up to it and sulked. Way to take a Giant step back.

So he had his chance. The stage was his. He talked the talk but did not walk the walk. Back to square one. Just another average QB with some size and running skills. And an immature Ego to boot. Going to be hard to live this one down.

And where the Games rate, this one was so dull. Despite the grand billing of #50, it sinks to the bottom.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
So now I'm stuck on stupid for not seeing a difference really?? He was a petulant child who took time to say congtrats. Unlike Manning to his supposedly good friend. But never mind Manning is a competitor. Its OK.. Oh yeah go **** yourself

No **** you ******* for trying to make this something it isn't. Namely racism and you don't have the guts to come out and say it. Cam acted like an entire boxcar load of dildos and you try to draw an equivalence between manning going off a few minutes to compose himself, then coming back and conducting himself like a gentleman and Newton being a complete classless ********.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
No **** you ******* for trying to make this something it isn't. Namely racism and you don't have the guts to come out and say it. Cam acted like an entire boxcar load of dildos and you try to draw an equivalence between manning going off a few minutes to compose himself, then coming back and conducting himself like a gentleman and Newton being a complete classless ********.

So now you know he went off for a few minutes to compose himself?? How do the **** do you know?? Bottom line its bullshit one gets a pass and one doesn't its double standards. Why I don't know. Could be racist..maybe it is maybe it isnt. Could be because one is more accomplished them the other. I don't know which is why I didn't say. So **** you. I just said what's the difference..you the one upmaking excuses for reasons for why Peyton did what he did. I said in my first post Cam needed to stand at the podium and take his medicine. You can't even say Peyton shouldn't of walked off the field. I don't have any issues with Cams actions when he scores but if your going to act like that then stand your *** the podium. But if he doesn't get a pass neither does Peyton but he did. Why dick head is my question.

Last edited:

Steelerfreak

Reaction score
I believe I heard two or three humdred times in the last month.... If you dont want him to dance and "be cam" Just stop him. He was stopped. He did not dance, he was not Cam.
Guess he didnt think anyone would actually do it.

Steelerfreak

Reaction score
I dont know about this one. I think the Super Bowl is different. Regular season sure, shake hands and leave. The Super Bowl though, as soon as the clock hits zero the confetti is flying the stage crew is moving equipment and winning players are more about congratulating each other and finding their wives and kids than the other team for the one second hand slap and obligatory "good game" Getting out of the way and letting the other team have that time and their moment may actually be the classier route.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
In fairness, Cam Newton and Peyton Manning did in fact share words on the field after the game.

Then Cam Newton acted like a14 year old who'd had his I-Phone confiscated in his press conference. I expect Ron won't give it back for another week now.

nooneuno

Forefather
Reaction score
One is a white guy growing up with white man culture. The other is not. Of course Manning never danced or bragged; it's 100% unnatural for him to do stuff like that. Why can't we just acknowledge that different cultures have differing accepted actions. Personally, if I was a Panther fan I would cringe a little when Cam says things like people are afraid of him, etc. But I'm not gonna condemn him over it, like he is rubbish because of it.

WTF are you talking about? I see JJ Watt and Clay Matthews dancing up a storm every time they make a great play on defense.

C

Clete

Every sports show I tuned into this AM was talking about it. Mike & Mike, 1st Take, NFLN. It was definitely being discussed.

POP, you talked shot all week on how great Cam was and how you wanted to bet me ANYTHING I wanted. I told you Cam was a fraud, a mediocre passer and the Broncos would win 24- 13, care to eat **** ?

Steelin

Contributor
Reaction score
I've never cared for Peyton much either. All you have to Google is Peyton Manning pouting to see him raising his arms in a what gives gesture calling out teammates. He's also been a big, finger pointing baby for a good part of his career.
He matured. I guess we'll see about Scam.

P

POP

Class is beyond culture to some degree. Cam lacks class regardless of his cultural designation. Are you giving him a pass on acting like a jackass becausd he's black? I call BS.

Hmmm, coded racism?

I guess they were right.

C

Clete

Eat **** POP you were wrong about the game, wrong about the thug Newton and wrong about race. Newton is a POS as a person and a mediocre passer who sucks under pressure. He outed himself once again as a phoney.

Steelin

Contributor
Reaction score
Hmmm, coded racism?

I guess they were right.

For saying he lacked class? Really? You're pretty quick to throw the card. I'd say you have racism issues. Projection at its finest.

6Lombardis

Reaction score
WTF are you talking about? I see JJ Watt and Clay Matthews dancing up a storm every time they make a great play on defense.

Yes. And Travis Kelsey of the Chiefs I'd THE worst that I can recall with the stupid dancing celebrations.

C

Clete

POP is both a race baited and a gutless idiot. He talked **** before the game and was outed as an idiot after the game, kinda like the thug Newton he stupidly idolizes.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Would you say the same thing after Elway got blown out in his first few SBs? Why not?

Boy, I sure would. Count me amongst the people who never thought Elway was all that. But I'm happy now that he's in the HoF...because Ben is better and will undoubtedly go in.

Last edited: