• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Why is nobody ripping sCam Newton???

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Wasn't McNabb 27 or 28 when he made the super bowl, how is that to old?

Steel G

Reaction score

Yep, he was 28. Played another 7 seasons, 5 more in Philly. Cam will be a back up in 5 years on some crap team like the Lions.

P

POP

Your predictions are for ****. You should be glad I didn't bet you. Remember I nailed the 24-13 prediction while you stupidly trumpeted SCAM as a good passer, omg so.

You need to quit obsessing over me. It's not healthy. You had one lucky guess, big deal. How many guesses are you total FAIL at? Most.

Now take a deep breath, look in the mirror and say, "I am liked because I am good enough" and keep repeating several times. It might help.

P

POP

Age is just a #, not necessarily indicative of the full scope. 2004 was McNabb's SB season, where he had a season QB rating of 104. He never even flirted with a passer rating over 100 ever again in his career.

2004 was his peak, regardless of age.

Let's deal in reality here.

http://www.nfl.com/player/donovanmcnabb/2502044/careerstats

Know what I mean? McNabb was never as good after 2004 ever again.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
Mehhhh, the Jimmy Johnson years, there were chemistry problems. Jimmy had to do things his way, but it's tough to be total emperor when you are dealing with a living legend at QB, I think both Jimmy and Dan felt handcuffed. Also, making a Marino QB-d team rush the ball much is counter productive. It's like he was playing on stilts and the rush plays were telegraphed way too far in advance, especially in his later years. In 1992, Dan tossed for over 4,100 yards but didn't have a rusher for over 1,000 yards.

Marino was on the decline during the Jimmy Johnson period. He wasn't very good at all during his last two seasons.

P

POP

When did Harbaugh make it? He was a journeyman QB to begin with, who only had a little success at career end, when he earned the moniker, "Capt. Comeback."

Oddly left sans a response.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
Age is just a #, not necessarily indicative of the full scope. 2004 was McNabb's SB season, where he had a season QB rating of 104. He never even flirted with a passer rating over 100 ever again in his career.

2004 was his peak, regardless of age.

Let's deal in reality here.

http://www.nfl.com/player/donovanmcnabb/2502044/careerstats

Know what I mean? McNabb was never as good after 2004 ever again.

McNabb was extremely overrated during much of his prime. He was fun to watch, as he would make a few great plays a game with his arm or legs, but he was never consistently accurate passing the ball.

He won a lot by complementing strong defenses by avoiding interceptions and making some big plays at a time when the rules allowed teams to consistently win 13-10, 17-13 type games.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
McNabb is hard to judge because he played most of his career with guys like Freddy Mitchell, Todd Pinkston, and James Thrash as his WRs. The one year they gave him a top WR with Terrell Owens and he made the super bowl and almost won it. Then they got rid of TO and it fell apart.

P

POP

McNabb is hard to judge because he played most of his career with guys like Freddy Mitchell, Todd Pinkston, and James Thrash as his WRs. The one year they gave him a top WR with Terrell Owens and he made the super bowl and almost won it. Then they got rid of TO and it fell apart.

Well, TO gave them no choice but to get rid of him; he destroyed team unity and chemistry, and it seems they never got it back. For as bad as McNabb's WRs were, Cam's were even worse. The only guy who could get open (Teddy) had 2 x 4's for hands. The unit they field next year will be much better.

C

Clete

Cam is a mediocre passer who morons like POP try to use stats to validate. Funny but when players like Bottles throw for 35 TDs and a Ryan Fitzgerald throws for 31 TDs it magnifies how easy even journeyman QBs can top Newton and make his career year even more pedestrian than it already is. Newton is done as anything more than a dumb athletic freak, he lacks pocket presence, scalability in the pocket, has horrible mechanics and a terrible throwing motion coupled with the fact he is not a leader nor a student of the game. Plus he is a POS as a person who other players in the league think is a phoney hence the Broncos players revelling in his failures and meltdown.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, TO gave them no choice but to get rid of him; he destroyed team unity and chemistry, and it seems they never got it back. For as bad as McNabb's WRs were, Cam's were even worse. The only guy who could get open (Teddy) had 2 x 4's for hands. The unit they field next year will be much better.

Carolina got by on a really easy schedule. Their WRs may be better next year but their schedule will be tougher too. They will also find out they won't be able to sneak up on people anymore. Now they will be one of the teams circled on opponent schedules.

As for TO, that situation could have been handled better by the Eagles. TO is a jerk but he always plays hard. It's not like he beat up a teammate or something. They should have worked that out.