• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Why is nobody ripping sCam Newton???

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
No I'm asking what's the difference. Talked to him later?? Since when is it not customary for the opposing QBs to shake hands. But it's Peyton so it's OK..he spoke after the game..he's a competitor. Cam did the opposite he congratulated the opposing QB but walked off the podium. But he's a spoiled brat. What's the difference????

The difference is HUGE. Peyton wasn't on the sideline during the game pouting, walking away from teammates, or throwing tantrums DURING the game. No, what you saw from Peyton was him on the sidelines with his OC going thru the in game pics, trying to figure out what was working, what wasn't working. He was talking with his WR's, his OL, and being a leader. Peyton was also drawing from his own experience from winning a super bowl when he said this:
"I certainly know how it was three years ago when we won . . . " Manning said. "There's the stage being set up, and the celebration, and it's time for the Saints to celebrate. It's their field. They deserve the moment.

"But I certainly congratulate all their players and the Saints organization. I will speak to Drew Brees, speak to Sean Payton, and they deserve all the credit."

He then sat and politely answered all of the questions during his post game interview, as he has always done. Peyton and Brees are also pretty close friends off the field, so he knew he would talk to him soon.

What you saw from Cam was someone who doesn't handle adversity very well. He was pouting about everything, when a player fumbled, he didn't go over to them and pat them on the head and try to get them to forget it and make up for it later, he was seen visibly annoyed by the fact that they lost the fumble, didn't speak to them once, walked away from his WR's, OL, coaches, etc. You saw the complete opposite from Russel Wilson last year, took full responsibility for the loss, stood at the podium and answered all the questions.

Trying to compare the two moments are absolutely ridiculous, trying to compare the two players is utterly insane.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Seriously we have all seen Peyton do some of the same things come on guys..

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
There is no difference if vilify one you vilify both..walking off the field without congratulating the opposing QB on that stage is just as bad as Cam walking off the podium. Friends or no friends.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
http://articles.latimes.com/2006/jan/16/sports/sp-adande16

But he sold out his offensive line in his response to a question about Pittsburgh's pass rush that pressured him all day and sacked him five times.

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here," Manning said, choosing his words carefully. "Let's just say we had some problems in protection. I'll give Pittsburgh credit for the blitzes and their rush. Those guys rushed. But we did have some protection problems."

I remember there being some controversy about this.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
http://articles.latimes.com/2006/jan/16/sports/sp-adande16

But he sold out his offensive line in his response to a question about Pittsburgh's pass rush that pressured him all day and sacked him five times.

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here," Manning said, choosing his words carefully. "Let's just say we had some problems in protection. I'll give Pittsburgh credit for the blitzes and their rush. Those guys rushed. But we did have some protection problems."

I remember there being some controversy about this.

quite the contrary to Ben always defending his Oline publicly no matter how ****** it was, and I'm talking about Kemo, Willie Colon,Stapleton, Hartwig and Starks

Steel G

Reaction score
No I'm asking what's the difference. Talked to him later?? Since when is it not customary for the opposing QBs to shake hands. But it's Peyton so it's OK..he spoke after the game..he's a competitor. Cam did the opposite he congratulated the opposing QB but walked off the podium. But he's a spoiled brat. What's the difference????

None. I think this is where Peyton got a lot of his hate in the past cause he's always been a whiner too. Maybe a little less now as he has aged, but he's had problems with throwing his own little tantrums. But one difference between them is that Peyton doesn't do all the show boating that Cam likes to do. So when Cam pisses his diapers, it comes across a lot worse than when Peyton pisses his.

And Peyton's blatant sponsorship schilling after the game was embarrassing too. Just shut the hell up, and, at this point, go retire.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Which is why in my first post I said Cam has to stay at the podium and take his medicine.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I dunno, I've heard people ripping him on sports talk radio all day.

Steel G

Reaction score
Which is why in my first post I said Cam has to stay at the podium and take his medicine.

Oh certainly, no disagreement here. And his body language was just awful during the game. He's a tool.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Cam played bad through out. He looked nervous before kickoff. Super bowl jitters. He aint no Ben. Ben had a bad game in super bowl 40. But he also made some throws to keep them in it. 43 and 45 I thought Ben played well. The QB is the most important piece to a team. Cam was not ready for the big stage just yet

My thoughts on Cam. He's a good QB who has a chance to put in an amazing career. But the downside is his seeking the limelight. If you're gonna dance and celebrate while winning. Be prepared for people to pick you apart when you lose the big one

Last edited:

ExUSAF

Contributor
Reaction score
How about when he got hit in the end zone late in the game and he threw himself to the ground in a hissy fit. Then you could see he wanted to go full tantrum but he did his best to keep it together. Total jerk.

Tom Brady gets that roughing call with the same hissy fit.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
I'm not excusing Manning from walking off without shaking hands, and I bet no one here did then either, but there's still a huge difference. Manning wasn't in the media in the lead up to that game saying people are afraid of him because he's something no one has ever seen before, and he wasn't running around all year dancing forever after TD's and rubbing it in opponents faces, posing for team pics before games are even over doing the "dab", mocking players from the other team (NFC title game).

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score

The difference is Peyton Manning didn't dance and "Dab" after every victory. In the post games after victory Cam was a rockstar. After this loss he was a petulant child. That's the ******* difference and if YOU can't grasp it you are stuck on stoopid and beyond help.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Newton had an opportunity in the post-game presser to be a hero.

He blew it. Big time.

End of story.

GI Steeler

Reaction score
why is it that every time someone acts like a jackass nowadays, people rush back with, "well, so-and-so did it too"

Who cares. Just say he was a jackass. he needs to grow up. next time someone else does something similar, then the same can be said about them.

RollRed

Reaction score
"Too bad they don't make band aids for hurt feelings.."
Too bad indeed.

P

POP

I'm not excusing Manning from walking off without shaking hands, and I bet no one here did then either, but there's still a huge difference. Manning wasn't in the media in the lead up to that game saying people are afraid of him because he's something no one has ever seen before, and he wasn't running around all year dancing forever after TD's and rubbing it in opponents faces, posing for team pics before games are even over doing the "dab", mocking players from the other team (NFC title game).

One is a white guy growing up with white man culture. The other is not. Of course Manning never danced or bragged; it's 100% unnatural for him to do stuff like that. Why can't we just acknowledge that different cultures have differing accepted actions. Personally, if I was a Panther fan I would cringe a little when Cam says things like people are afraid of him, etc. But I'm not gonna condemn him over it, like he is rubbish because of it.

papillon

Reaction score
Seriously we have all seen Peyton do some of the same things come on guys..

I don't' believe I have ever seen Peyton Manning get up and walk away from an interview because he didn't like the question or the insinuation, if he did I stand corrected. One other thing is that at the time Manning walked off the field after losing the Super Bowl to the Saints he was about 11 or 12 years into a HOF career with a proven track record of winning and losing, so he had earned some cache at that time. Cam still hasn't reached his potential and really hasn't won much of anything in the NFL, certainly not on the level that Peyton had at the time of the Saints vs Colts Super Bowl, so he gets less of a free pass for being surly. He may or may not earn the cache some day, that remains to be seen.

Papillon

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
The difference is Peyton Manning didn't dance and "Dab" after every victory. In the post games after victory Cam was a rockstar. After this loss he was a petulant child. That's the ******* difference and if YOU can't grasp it you are stuck on stoopid and beyond help.

So now I'm stuck on stupid for not seeing a difference really?? He was a petulant child who took time to say congtrats. Unlike Manning to his supposedly good friend. But never mind Manning is a competitor. Its OK.. Oh yeah go **** yourself

P

POP

Newton had an opportunity in the post-game presser to be a hero.

He blew it. Big time.

End of story.

A hero, in a post game PC after a loss? Not sure I follow. I don't see it.

P

POP

I don't' believe I have ever seen Peyton Manning get up and walk away from an interview because he didn't like the question or the insinuation, if he did I stand corrected.
Papillon

I've seen Bill Cowher do it. When he did it, was he also a "petulant child" deserving scorn?

The other point is that NO ONE is more classy than Manning. If you don't live up to his standard of class, it doesn't mean you are a bottom feeder. There is plenty of room in between those two extremes.