• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Are Pouncey and DeCastro Mediocre?

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Our O-Line is above the line for sure. Top five. Good enough to win a Championship.

chipped ham

Reaction score
LOL, embarrassed so you are now going to try to be civil...lol. Bell set a record by having to dance around pouncey fat butt.

You got nothing in this argument. Learn how to be a good loser and move on.

If that was your assertion of that game, you really are a bigger jagoff than you've proven to be. Keep pining about Velasco though, a player who's out of the league, and tell others that they "lost" the argument.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm always civil, even to trolls.

I'm flattered for the late night posts. Nice to see that thinking of me keeps you up at night.

I sleep very well at night. A lack of hate can do that for a man...

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Pouncey has 1 penalty and ZERO sacks allowed this season .

He added a second penalty (ineligible downfield) in the Bengals game.

I think Pouncey is having a solid season, perhaps his best, and it's good to see that he's finally starting to earn his keep; however, while "ZERO sacks allowed" sounds pretty impressive, it's really not that uncommon for centers to go for long periods of time without giving up a sack. Pouncey has played 901 snaps this year, and roughly 540 or so of those were in pass protection.

Here's an article from PFF from October of last year: www.profootballfocus.com/10-best-sack-less-streaks-among-centers

Since 2007, when they started compiling these stats, a guy most of us have probably never heard of (Casey Wiegmann) had the longest streak of 1572 snaps, or 1000+ more than Pouncey has put together this season. The top ten are all at a thousand or much more. AQ Shipley, Steelers castoff, had an ongoing streak of 485 at the time of the article.

Just some perspective.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
LOL, embarrassed so you are now going to try to be civil...lol. Bell set a record by having to dance around pouncey fat butt.

You got nothing in this argument. Learn how to be a good loser and move on.

not everyone is as used to be a loser as you....

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
pouncey is not a contributing factor in making the playoffs, as his backups have done a better or just as good a job as him.

article_aef5c6c2-0641-45ca-9ebc-5cf4680903ff.jpg

J

JackHambert

If that was your assertion of that game, you really are a bigger jagoff than you've proven to be. Keep pining about Velasco though, a player who's out of the league, and tell others that they "lost" the argument.

Yeah butthole...keep pretending that our Bell can run through clean pockets like elliott...maybe you and Dope can do some smooching over your love for Pouncey.

J

JackHambert

I'm always civil, even to trolls.

I'm flattered for the late night posts. Nice to see that thinking of me keeps you up at night.

I sleep very well at night. A lack of hate can do that for a man...

Sleep well at night.....sure you do. You still upset and now still trying to be civil because you know I am right and this whole board knows it too...They are just trying to be nice to you.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Sleep well at night.....sure you do. You still upset and now still trying to be civil because you know I am right and this whole board knows it too...They are just trying to be nice to you.

...ummmm yea, that's what I think. Maybe you can start your own Steeler site and take all the people with you that agree with what you said? It worked for another poster...

You'd like people to think you're a Steeler fan, but to come back from a whoopin to beat the Ravens the way they did. The only people that would throw shade this week are opposing team fans' trolls.

How about that offensive line performance against the #2 rushing D in the league to win the division?

chipped ham

Reaction score
Yeah butthole...keep pretending that our Bell can run through clean pockets like elliott...maybe you and Dope can do some smooching over your love for Pouncey.

He went off for 122 against the 2nd best run defense in the NFL this season. In, essentially, a playoff game. Also, the oline has allowed all of 3 sacks during the last 6 games. Seems to me that the only "butthole" who's pretending here is you, jagoff.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
He went off for 122 against the 2nd best run defense in the NFL this season. In, essentially, a playoff game. Also, the oline has allowed all of 3 sacks during the last 6 games. Seems to me that the only "butthole" who's pretending here is you, jagoff.

Another case of ham-on-ham violence.

Spike

Reaction score
An offensive line that made Suggs and Dumervil vanish, they didn't even have one tackle between them.

yeah, not much chatter now about how much they suck

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
An offensive line that made Suggs and Dumervil vanish, they didn't even have one tackle between them.

Just a bit off-topic, did you see Brown's celebration? He gave the ball to Foster to spike it. Yeah, that foster that someone wants cut to save 1,5M next season.

This OLine is something to write home about, and with enough talent in the bench to feel good for emergency spot duty.

Spike

Reaction score
did you see Brown's celebration? He gave the ball to Foster to spike it. Yeah, that foster that someone wants cut to save 1,5M next season.

This OLine is something to write home about, and with enough talent in the bench to feel good for emergency spot duty.

I did see that!

First time in a long time we have a healthy O-line AND our offensive stars intact for the playoffs. Keep it up. (knock on wood)

madinsomniac

Reaction score

The trolls are just trying to find an advanced stat to take out of context to make them seem worse than they are...
look I'm not saying these guys are the best linemen we ever saw here, but they are "above the line" in play, and most teams would jump at the majority of these guys. Yes they had a bad stretch in the middle of the season, even i was pissed about that, but they are fine now

steelerscotty

Contributor
Reaction score
So, who is jackhambert, really? Is he poop or one of the other trolls reborn, yet again? Haters gonna hate i guess, no matter the evidence that proves them wrong.

J

JackHambert

...ummmm yea, that's what I think. Maybe you can start your own Steeler site and take all the people with you that agree with what you said? It worked for another poster...

You'd like people to think you're a Steeler fan, but to come back from a whoopin to beat the Ravens the way they did. The only people that would throw shade this week are opposing team fans' trolls.

How about that offensive line performance against the #2 rushing D in the league to win the division?

Oh yeah that O-line really made lanes for Bell to run in...that is why he had to find them all the time. The announcers keep on saying how patient bell is to make up for the O-Line not making running lanes...yet they praise the cowboys for making lanes and elliott for running hard. You still got nothing to say about that.

Why don't you tell this forum how you cried and complained to the mods to get my disapprove button removed because I tried to get your reputation as low as your IQ (to zero). You sound butthurt.

J

JackHambert

LOL, who did we play in the last six games.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Oh yeah that O-line really made lanes for Bell to run in...that is why he had to find them all the time. The announcers keep on saying how patient bell is to make up for the O-Line not making running lanes...yet they praise the cowboys for making lanes and elliott for running hard. You still got nothing to say about that.

Why don't you tell this forum how you cried and complained to the mods to get my disapprove button removed because I tried to get your reputation as low as your IQ (to zero). You sound butthurt.

the announcers say that Bell is patient waiting for the lane to open up...

you don't have enough posts or rep power to lower anyone's rep very much jackieboy......

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score

The mods didn't drop your dislike button. I did. By negatively dinging you. It was cute when you were trying to ding me with negative karma. You can't, you can only give neutral or positive karma when you have red chicklets. You lack the ability to negatively affect anyone's karma, not that it would even make a difference to me if you did, but you seem to care a lot about it, so I can exploit that.

You offer nothing in debate, and you have no valid arguments. You are toothless without the ability to drop anyone's karma. Run along little troll before I give you another red chicklet.