• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Are Pouncey and DeCastro Mediocre?

J

JackHambert

Uhhhhh ... so, you are saying that any FA offensive lineman would be better than Pouncey?

Where the Steelers rank 7th in total offense, and have given up the 2nd fewest sacks in the NFL (16 total)?

And where Pouncey calls the offensive line signals and thereby deserves significant credit for those stats?

That has more to do with Munchak than hot tub boy.

J

JackHambert

Munchak said center is the most important OL position and Pouncey is the best center. Maybe we should argue if you are smarter than Munchak.

Munchak is just being modest...he is the biggest improvement. That O-Line sucked before he got there. How well did Pouncey do then, before Munchak...well when he wasn't hurt every five seconds.

SteelerAl

Reaction score
Munchak is just being modest...he is the biggest improvement. That O-Line sucked before he got there. How well did Pouncey do then, before Munchak...well when he wasn't hurt every five seconds.

Pouncey's rookie season may have been his best prior to this one.

ark steel

Reaction score
Ignore? Someone would have to bother me, and this kid ain't even close...

Doesn't bother me. I read down the posts without looking who wrote it first. Ignore hides the **** I know I won't want to have read.

SteveA

Reaction score
Steeler O-Line & where it ranks?

The naked eye has shown me that it is been our best O-line in several years. So it ranks, at least to me, as our best in the last half decade......wait decade. Ben has been able to survey the field & the opposition's pressure has been neutralized for the most part this year.

I have seen DeCastro & Pouncey get pounced a little on this forum, but they are pretty darn good. i am glad we got em'.

The bottom line is Ben has had great protection this year. And Bell is racking up the yards and patiently running behind a line that has to wait on him too. That is discipline.

Yes the holding calls drive me crazy......But.....Big Ben has 36 sacks in the last 2 years COMBINED......That is his average per year over his career....Incidentally, he is #8 ALL-TIME in being sacked @ 455 times he has hit the turf.

But where does it actually rank league-wise & why? Thoughts???????

Below is an interesting article that sheds some light on where our O-Line is with the season winding down

http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/18278725/nfl-best-worst-offensive-lines-2016

Last edited:

6Lombardis

Reaction score
Ross Tucker on SiriusXM called called them top five this morning.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
top five smive, nothing matters if they don't do anything notable once the playoffs hit........

J

JackHambert

Pouncey's rookie season may have been his best prior to this one.

So he only played his best....in two seasons...lol...glad we paid him all that money. How about that Dope...you like paying Hot Tub hall of famers....don't ya?

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Getting sick of Pouncey getting hurt all of the time. We had Velasco a while back, I would have signed him (he would have been dirt cheap) and gotten rid of china doll pouncey. Decastro can leave as well.

Welcome back, wasn't expecting you back until we played the Pats again...

I see you forgot you lost your argument, Your boy Velasco is out of the league. Pouncey is still going strong. I'm glad each game he plays continues to bother you, he'll be here for a long time.

Any other all-pros you want to get rid of on our top flight O-line?

hook

Forefather
Reaction score
Pouncey is a decent center, for sure. But in all of the times that he has been hurt, I've seen no real drop off with the guy that replaces him. I really don't think he is worth breaking the bank for to keep him.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Pouncey is a decent center, for sure. But in all of the times that he has been hurt, I've seen no real drop off with the guy that replaces him. I really don't think he is worth breaking the bank for to keep him.

Cool, we can talk about replacing him in 2020 when his contract is up.

J

JackHambert

Cool, we can talk about replacing him in 2020 when his contract is up.

LOL, keep on talking up your boy..while your reputation goes down...and you keep on embarrassing yourself.

J

JackHambert

Welcome back, wasn't expecting you back until we played the Pats again...

I see you forgot you lost your argument, Your boy Velasco is out of the league. Pouncey is still going strong. I'm glad each game he plays continues to bother you, he'll be here for a long time.

Any other all-pros you want to get rid of on our top flight O-line?

I see that you are still butthurt....and can't read. My point was that anyone could replace pouncey and I suggested that we should have made velasco a starter when we had him. Yeah, your butt boy is so good...that is why our Running backs struggle to get yards up the middle and have to dance around pouncey's fat butt to get any yardage. Saw that he got pushed back on his butt against cincy.

Learn to read and then come back to this argument, butt hurt boy. Your reputation keeps on sinking as more people back my view on this.

J

JackHambert

Couldn't have said it better myself...however butthurt dope can't read. We should have traded pouncey and kept velasco in there when we had him...or any number of pouncey's replacements.

SteveA

Reaction score
Scoreboard Baby!!!!!

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
I see that you are still butthurt....and can't read. My point was that anyone could replace pouncey and I suggested that we should have made velasco a starter when we had him. Yeah, your butt boy is so good...that is why our Running backs struggle to get yards up the middle and have to dance around pouncey's fat butt to get any yardage. Saw that he got pushed back on his butt against cincy.

Learn to read and then come back to this argument, butt hurt boy. Your reputation keeps on sinking as more people back my view on this.

Arguing doesn't seem to be your strong suit, so I would assume that reading comprehension is low on your ability to grasp as well. Especially when you wrote it...

You must have missed Bell setting a Steeler single game record behind this line (2 games ago), but it's OK, you're not here to discuss, you're here to troll.

Rep comes and goes, and is reset every couple years, it's best used a tool that marks trolls with red chicklets.

Here's an idea, why not contribute so you can prove you're not here to troll?

J

JackHambert

Arguing doesn't seem to be your strong suit, so I would assume that reading comprehension is low on your ability to grasp as well. Especially when you wrote it...

You must have missed Bell setting a Steeler single game record behind this line (2 games ago), but it's OK, you're not here to discuss, you're here to troll.

Rep comes and goes, and is reset every couple years, it's best used a tool that marks trolls with red chicklets.

Here's an idea, why not contribute so you can prove you're not here to troll?

LOL, embarrassed so you are now going to try to be civil...lol. Bell set a record by having to dance around pouncey fat butt.

You got nothing in this argument. Learn how to be a good loser and move on.