• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What Jag fans are saying

SteelerAl

Reaction score
Probably the same reason, everyone here brings up road Ben, even though as you posted we've been very good on the road lately.

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Yah, I've been trying my best to kill that road Ben thing on Twitter. It's now been narrowed down to just 1pm road games which is just silly, but I swear people I think are generally pretty savvy (Evan Silva) actually put their hard-earned money at risk based on no analysis other than "Steelers are playing a 1pm game in Baltimore so time to play the Ravens defense in daily fantasy."

steelcan58

Reaction score
When I read "Jags fans... " I can only think of one thing. I miss Hank the Tank.
BrownsJags2010_GroupPicStands1.jpg.html

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
How did that work out for "Superman" last Thursday night?

Yes sir that game was encouraging in many aspects. It should show them what they are capable of. Something to build off of.

Slaine

Still wants to trade Fu for a third
Forefather
Reaction score
Quite a nice write-up about some of their defensive issues vs the Colts. Hopefully we see lots of the TEs in this game:

a Jag fan said:
So watched some all-22 today after also listening to comments from players coaches yesterday.
Still going through but on the main TD plays:

-The long TD by Ebron seems like it was Jalen's at fault.(coupled with Doug's comments) We were lined up showing press-man with the CBs but we were playing 3 deep zone. When the play is about to start Gipson is back deep, Patmon on the right side is backpedaling covering his zone deep while Ramsey for some reason is still playing man coverage on Hilton which was supposed to Church's responsiblity at that point. Result is Ebron going deep right where Jalen was supposed to backpedal like Patmon did on the other side and Ramsey obviously wasn't there and Ebron was easily wide open.

-The 12 yards TD by Ebron in the corner of the end zone is Church's fault (confirrmed by Doug). We were in cover 0, 2 guys blitzing, Patmon is covering the guy in front of him (even a few steps late) and Church is supposed to be on Ebron in man coverage. For some reason Church is completely out of position....we could even have called a timeout based on how much confusion there was.

-The Ally Cox TD was again on Ramsey. He was lined up in man coverage right on him, followed when he motioned inside but bit on the play action/hand off to the RB, got sucked up to the LOS and Cox passed right by him with Jacobs trying to recover Jalen's fault. You can see Ramsey trying to rush back as soon as he realizes he bit on the run.

-The 35 yards completion from Luck to Hilton was not a blown coverage but was Church reacting late in zone coverage.

Will try to watch more later.
In general we are struggling a lot (like at times last year) with the receivers running by or behind our LBs(especially Telvin) and Church reacting late, taking a bad angle or the CB/LB getting confused to who's supposed to carry the guy and that stuff.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I know its just me, but I still think of them as an expansion team, not to be taken seriously.

7 out of 10 dentist recommend this approach.....................................

Salute the nation

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
The Steelers are going to beat the piss out of the soon to be London Jaguars.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
This STEELERS team has gotten the eye of the tiger..............Jagoffs are going down and I'm not talking the down Mr.Popples does with t*mmy b*y, I'm talking losing. AND by losing I'm talking 8 or more points and by talking points I'm saying this team has the makings of a special season for the 7th................AND the 7th is SBs for the lesser followers here.

Salute the nation

Randy Fichtner has become better with the play calling. I like him. As I said losing Haley will be addition by subtraction.

On defense we still have some problems, but the coaches finally figured out we are better off with out Burns, and using better coverage linebackers at times on passing downs.

The offense is rolling now, and the pass rush is very good. The Carolina win showed me something, but warts still remain with the defense and the coaching of it.

My hope is that Edmunds will improve by late December.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Besides the drubbing we gave the Panthers, if we establish the run, control the clock and score TDs we are going to be fine. On defense we have been better with addition by subtraction; benching Burnt. Minimizing big plays has been huge for our defense. The middle of the field still gets picked on and we had a tough time at times with McCaffrey last week.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Randy Fichtner has become better with the play calling. I like him. As I said losing Haley will be addition by subtraction.

On defense we still have some problems, but the coaches finally figured out we are better off with out Burns, and using better coverage linebackers at times on passing downs.

The offense is rolling now, and the pass rush is very good. The Carolina win showed me something, but warts still remain with the defense and the coaching of it.

My hope is that Edmunds will improve by late December.

For the few posters that think coaching doesn't impact your team, .Fichtner shows you are full of ****.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
so is Ramsey overated now after how he has played this year? I would pass on him now.

str8liner

Reaction score
Not ready to "crown their *****" just yet.

Like others have mentioned this team has played a few stinkers in FLA against bad teams in the past....

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Not ready to "crown their *****" just yet.

Like others have mentioned this team has played a few stinkers in FLA against bad teams in the past....

Whats the weather look like for Sunday down there?

Hopefully not hot & humid..

mr peeples

Banned
Reaction score
How did that work out for "Superman" last Thursday night?

I'm curious of why the non sequitur. Does the Thurs. game alter the fact that Bortles has made big plays with his legs on us in the past? I'm just trying to understand the logic.

mr peeples

Banned
Reaction score
Whats the weather look like for Sunday down there?

Hopefully not hot & humid..

High of 73. Maybe early showers. But it's 4 days away, so it's hard to say, other than it's safe to say it won't be 95 like a Sept. game can be.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
so is Ramsey overrated now after how he has played this year? I would pass on him now.

I don't think so at all. Still a top corner. They all have hiccups here and there....

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm curious of why the non sequitur. Does the Thurs. game alter the fact that Bortles has made big plays with his legs on us in the past? I'm just trying to understand the logic.

Not a non-sequitur at all. Newton is a top-level running QB and the Steelers shut him down. Bortles is a good-not-great running QB, but has consistently given the Steelers trouble with his running.

Since the Steelers implemented an approach that stymied a very good running QB, it stands to reason they can use some of that approach to neutralize Bortles' lesser running abilities.

Get it?

mr peeples

Banned
Reaction score
Not a non-sequitur at all. Newton is a top-level running QB and the Steelers shut him down. Bortles is a good-not-great running QB, but has consistently given the Steelers trouble with his running.

Since the Steelers implemented an approach that stymied a very good running QB, it stands to reason they can use some of that approach to neutralize Bortles' lesser running abilities.

Get it?

I guess, to a point, but as we have often seen, trends don't always carry over from game to game. For instance, prior to the Steelers' game, the Panthers could cite their success with Cam rushing the ball, and the Steelers' D being leaky to that end, but the trend didn't translate, just like the trend may not translate into the Jags game. Jags dropped 45 points on our head last game. Will that trend continue?