• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Troy Fautanu, OT, Washington

fedderone

A Legend In My Spare Time
Contributor
Reaction score
Soooooo, does our retarded coach kick him inside to G, keep Jones at RT, and keep Moore at LT because Shades thinks he’s Anthony Munoz?
I like the player.
I’m scared of the imbeciles who will be molding him.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Latest I recall a DB going in draft

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
would have gone with CB there

but happy with the pick. should have two quality OTs now
The CBs were so tempting, but Fautanu was such a highly rated tackle and the Steelers have to invest in an offense that can't put up points. There are some good inside CB options in rounds 2-4.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok so here is the scoop. His RAS and arm length are very similar to Broderick. He is a mauler and a finisher. This guy is right or left capable I don’t even move him inside. He has a high floor as the worst case is he would be a top tier G . But I don’t see G happening. Nothing tells me he can’t handle T. One thing we discussed early in one thread is why draft a RT if they don’t have to why not a LT capable and then you have more options. That is what they did. I wanted a C or WR for need they went with value over need. Good for them.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
I guess nobody gives a shlt about the guy's medical history, including two of the worst types of injuries -- ACL and Lisfranc.

I would have taken Mitchell, Thomas, or Barton, myself.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I guess nobody gives a shlt about the guy's medical history, including two of the worst types of injuries -- ACL and Lisfranc.

I would have taken Mitchell, Thomas, or Barton, myself.
Small concern there and long term who knows. But this guy very well might move Moore to the bench sooner than later. I think the high value shadows over the small future risk.

stuntmanmike

Contributor
Reaction score
We need to invest in the offensive line… buy investing in an offensive line coach. You can teach blocking you can’t teach 6’3 210 4.3 or dejean who will be a hall of fame safety after he plays corner for 10 years. We draft good athletes on the OL then watch them be average. note to front office: HIRE AN OFFENSIVE LINE COACH!!!

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Small concern there and long term who knows. But this guy very well might move Moore to the bench sooner than later. I think the high value shadows over the small future risk.
Small concerns?

From themirror.com:

"The 6-foot-4 lineman struggled with injuries throughout his collegiate career, with NFL’s Ian Rapoport speculating that his shaky medical history was the main reason he dropped in the first round.

'You wonder how a talented player lasts this long. There certainly were some injury concerns,' he said during the live draft broadcast. 'First of all, the Steelers are good with the injuries… he had a previous ACL injury - some wear and tear potentially down the road, could need another surgery there. Then had a previous lisfranc sprain, the foot is a little stiff - stable but stiff.'"

Obviously, the Steelers are OK with the risk. I hope the guy anchors the offensive line for 10 years. But ACL and Lisfranc injuries, especially those which apparently aren't completely healed, are majorly concerning to me.