• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Todd Haley

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Your right AL. There is no way they could possibly outline a game plan for TWO teams simultaneously. And it was really about 95 percent they were playing the Dolphins and everyone knew it.
Just please Todd don't come out with the same **** start see what happens game plan that let's the Dolphins settle in with their running attack. The first third of the game seems scripted to do virtually nothing. With the bubble screens and the obvious runs.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
So basically you at saying they should of gotten ready for both Miami and KC and Cleveland??

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Your right AL. There is no way they could possibly outline a game plan for TWO teams simultaneously. And it was really about 95 percent they were playing the Dolphins and everyone knew it.
Just please Todd don't come out with the same **** start see what happens game plan that let's the Dolphins settle in with their running attack. The first third of the game seems scripted to do virtually nothing. With the bubble screens and the obvious runs.

Could have sworn I heard Tomlin say during his presser that they reviewed "some" film of their possible first round opponents last week.So, assuming they went to work on game plans Sunday evening and worked on them Sunday and Monday, the players should have those game plans in their hands today and be ready to practice implementing them tomorrow.

Also, if there's someone who should be coming up with a game plan that doesn't let the Dolphins settle in with their running attack, it should probably be Butler (the DC) rather than Haley (the OC).

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
So basically you at saying they should of gotten ready for both Miami and KC and Cleveland??
The players needed to practice for Cleveland. The game plan was irrelevant. The game was irrelevant. The scouting dept. In conjunction with the coaching staff should be on top of Miami with some work on KC which will be the next opponent if they win by the way
You have game film of yourself against both teams. This isn't rocket science.

mdk2

Reaction score
You don't have to gameplan for Andy Reid. He's been doing the same ****, every game, for 20 years.

Yep... eating and the west coast offense.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
thank you, took the words out of my mouth. What he did in Indy earned him a HC job.

Yes, arians was basically publicly begging for a hc opportunity while oc here... no one gave him that cause well hes a mediocre oc... but he has the leadership and organizational skills to be a head coach... it is what it is... two drastically different jobs there

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
If The Toddster moves on, the male shoppers and employees at the Mt. Lebanon Giant Eagle will be sad not to see Mrs. Haley any more.

bigtwnvin

Reaction score
A snippet from todays issue of the local rag whose name is forbidden to be mentioned on this forum:

Todd Haley’s name has surfaced in spots as a possible candidate for some of the head coach openings around the NFL. By league rule, if another team wants to interview Haley, once the head coach in Kansas City, they must ask permission of Steelers management. Also by rule, they could not interview Haley until next week and next week only if the Steelers kept winning in the postseason. Tomlin, asked if anyone had asked such permission to talk to his offensive coordinator, replied, “I’m not talking about the hypothetical crap that’s associated with this time of year. We have a game to play this week.” [/I]

Coach T gettin' a little chafed!
I like the intensity :logo:

Last edited:

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
are we going to lose him this year? Lot of head coaching jobs open. He should at least be in the interview process. I hope he is content staying home.

Why he's a recycled coach that was run out of Kanas City, who once they hired Reid became MUCH better.

Haley is lucky to have Munchak, and the best set of playmakers in the NFL.

For whatever reason, he gets very conservative with a lead, and only opens the offense up when we are down points later in a game.

Red zone touchdowns remain an issue. He doesn't call play action enough and has not found creative ways to get Brown the ball when the offense is stalling.

I think he's average relative to the talent he has to work with. Better than what he was years ago, but still average as an OC. At least Ben and he are getting along professionally. For that to happen, I'll credit Todd some.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
A snippet from todays issue of the local rag whose name is forbidden to be mentioned on this forum:

Coach T gettin' a little chafed!
I like the intensity :logo:

HCMVLT does not do hypotheticals, lol.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Why he's a recycled coach that was run out of Kanas City, who once they hired Reid became MUCH better.

Haley is lucky to have Munchak, and the best set of playmakers in the NFL.

For whatever reason, he gets very conservative with a lead, and only opens the offense up when we are down points later in a game.

Red zone touchdowns remain an issue. He doesn't call play action enough and has not found creative ways to get Brown the ball when the offense is stalling.

I think he's average relative to the talent he has to work with. Better than what he was years ago, but still average as an OC. At least Ben and he are getting along professionally. For that to happen, I'll credit Todd some.

Well that will do it the Toddster is gone.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Well that will do it the Toddster is gone.

That will take a lowB repuS win and a desperate team.. And buyer beware, Haley without Ben is pretty bad. That much is proven. And any team that fired their coach likely has a sub-par QB to work with, no Bell, no AB, and a lesser OL coach.

But I will give Haley this. He has accomplished a lot for a guy who went to college for golf and as far I know never played the game of football in pads and a helmet.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Haley is doing something right. Since the 3rd Qtr of the Ravens games, our receivers are running crosses. That is what gets AB open. You can't cover him all the way across the field in man or zone. We also did it all game long vs Cinci. Eli and Ayres were benefitting from those plays. Even on the game winning TD to Hamilton. Ayres and Eli ran the cross underneath.

These aren't simple same side crosses, these are receivers on opposite sides of the line, cutting toward each other on drag routes at LB depth. It's what NE does every ******* play.

Now if only we don't line up empty back inside the 10 ever again...

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Haley is doing something right. Since the 3rd Qtr of the Ravens games, our receivers are running crosses. That is what gets AB open. You can't cover him all the way across the field in man or zone. We also did it all game long vs Cinci. Eli and Ayres were benefitting from those plays. Even on the game winning TD to Hamilton. Ayres and Eli ran the cross underneath.

These aren't simple same side crosses, these are receivers on opposite sides of the line, cutting toward each other on drag routes at LB depth. It's what NE does every ******* play.

Now if only we don't line up empty back inside the 10 ever again...

Ayers TD and his catch on 4th down in OT were both on the crossing routes. It is hard to cover a quick receiver clear across the field like that.

SteelerAl

Reaction score
But I will give Haley this. He has accomplished a lot for a guy who went to college for golf and as far I know never played the game of football in pads and a helmet.

This is pure stupidity.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
That will take a lowB repuS win and a desperate team.. And buyer beware, Haley without Ben is pretty bad. That much is proven. And any team that fired their coach likely has a sub-par QB to work with, no Bell, no AB, and a lesser OL coach.

Yeah Haley sucked in Arizona

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
And when you pair a good offense with a good coach you get greatness. So far we have mostly seen inconsistency. Also we seem to see the best of it when the QB has control of the situation. I guess we shall see. There are plenty of positions available as there have been last year. Todd has already been an HC. If he doesn't get serious inquiry I guess that will say something won't it.

steelermania

Reaction score
And when you pair a good offense with a good coach you get greatness. So far we have mostly seen inconsistency. Also we seem to see the best of it when the QB has control of the situation. I guess we shall see. There are plenty of positions available as there have been last year. Todd has already been an HC. If he doesn't get serious inquiry I guess that will say something won't it.

It'll say teams weren't interested. Doesn't mean they were right. No one wanted Kurt Warner or James Harrison either. The entire league passed on Tom Brady 5 times. There are guys working 9 to 5s who would be Hall of Fame candidates if some team had given them a real chance. Mistakes are made. Haley wouldn't be the first coach who failed at his first job, and then became successful. You might have heard of some guy named Belichick.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I tell you what. They go on a run here and get back to me. I'll be fair here. It has been ok. They have put up some good numbers and Ben is getting sacked FAR less. However, the uneven performances and the head scratching losses are usually attributable to the offense not clicking. They have a top five or better QB, RB and WR. Their offensive line is top 10 and is very well coached by Munchak. I don't think the consistency has been where it should be and I'm not surprised teams aren't exactly running over themselves. Maybe when he is available to talk to it will come up. I just really haven't heard his name connected to much.