• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Todd Haley

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
are we going to lose him this year? Lot of head coaching jobs open. He should at least be in the interview process. I hope he is content staying home.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I am 90% sure that our O hasn't produced to the point he would be a largely sought after commodity.

Plus being 19 W and 26 L as a head coach probably isn't a shiny recommendation either.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I cannot speak to creating the relationship with Ben. My personal opinion is that with the offensive skill on this team to the output achieved, Todd Haley is extremely replaceable.

deljzc

Reaction score
he aint going nowhere unless we win it all..

Actually, getting to the Super Bowl would likely PREVENT him from leaving. Most owners now want to wrap up their coaching hires in January.

Even interviewing him at this point will be difficult because we play every week as long as we keep winning.

What would probably be WORSE is if we lose this week while putting up 28 points or something. Then he becomes available for every team to interview and you never know what will happen then.

SteveA

Reaction score
I cannot speak to creating the relationship with Ben. My personal opinion is that with the offensive skill on this team to the output achieved, Todd Haley is extremely replaceable.

Maybe, but he kept Ben upright & more protected and preached to get rid of the ball.....We cannot underestimate the fact HALEY finally got through to Ben to get rid of the ball quicker.....Though I really wish we would watch film of Aaron Rogers the year they took us out....3-5 wideouts is so tough to defend....We should do that ALL DAY LONG

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe, but he kept Ben upright & more protected and preached to get rid of the ball.....We cannot underestimate the fact HALEY finally got through to Ben to get rid of the ball quicker.....Though I really wish we would watch film of Aaron Rogers the year they took us out....3-5 wideouts is so tough to defend....We should do that ALL DAY LONG

Spike????

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
I'm not so sure Haley is thought of HC material, again. He has a ton of weapons to work with that makes him look like a mad scientist. I'm not taking anything away from him or his abilities, but he is not coaching the Browns and making them a juggernaut. He has a franchise QB, RB, WR, vet OL and a lot of talented WRs and TEs at his disposal. Maybe a team will look at him, but I'd be very surprised if he's a finalist.

S

State44

Plus his surly personality and his reputation as a swinger is well known around the NFL. Would love to see what a Norv Turner could do with our talent.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
NFL Network was talking about head coaching candidates and he wasnt even mentioned

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Let's not be foolish - Coach Haley is the best thing that ever happened to Ben. I, for one, pray that he stays loyal to da 'Burgh...

Elfiero

Banned
Reaction score

Some people forget the beatings Ben took while under Arians. Haley has done exactly what was asked of him and installed a great O. Having said that if he decides to leave someone has to be brought in that would be content keeping the status quo.

We don't need change while the window is closing on the personnel we have now, we don't need growing pains at this juncture...........obviously.

Elfiero

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not so sure Haley is thought of HC material, again. He has a ton of weapons to work with that makes him look like a mad scientist. I'm not taking anything away from him or his abilities, but he is not coaching the Browns and making them a juggernaut. He has a franchise QB, RB, WR, vet OL and a lot of talented WRs and TEs at his disposal. Maybe a team will look at him, but I'd be very surprised if he's a finalist.

Someone hired Bruce Arians..................no more words are necessary.

S

State44

Someone hired Bruce Arians..................no more words are necessary.

Arians was elevated to temporary head coach with the Colts while their head coach Chuck Pagano was out having cancer treatment. He succeeded with great success. Doubt he would have ever been given a head coaching job without this fortuitous event.

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not sure if Haley would want to be a head coach again. It drove him batshit crazy in Kansas City. Then again, cash is king

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score