• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Todd Haley

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Haley really should be the top candidate for the Rams. They are tied to Goff. They need somebody who can develop him. Can you see a guy named Jim Bob in LA? Maybe the Rams go after Pats playcalling elf Josh McDaniel? But it's hard to know how much credit he should get when he has Brady.

Haley has success on multiple teams as OC and he has HC experience.

If Haley doesn't get a HC job this year then you have to think he's just content where he is.

Spike

Reaction score
. The Pats offense crushed the Dolphins in Miami. They have a better QB and nothing else better on offense. Why?

Pats didn't take the whole first half running the ball up the gut to prove they were the more smashmouth dick-swinging manly team. (chestbump!)

They spread them out, mixed it up, made their D cover whole field and picked them apart. They rang up the points early, sat back and cruised from there.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe, but he kept Ben upright & more protected and preached to get rid of the ball.....We cannot underestimate the fact HALEY finally got through to Ben to get rid of the ball quicker.....Though I really wish we would watch film of Aaron Rogers the year they took us out....3-5 wideouts is so tough to defend....We should do that ALL DAY LONG

5 wide, *******!!!

fogdoctor

Reaction score
Arians = full-retard.

Haley = kept Ben from going full-retard.

EDIT: I use retard with all due respect and no offence intend for all the SJW *******.

Double edit: And I mean ******* as in female dogs.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Arians was elevated to temporary head coach with the Colts while their head coach Chuck Pagano was out having cancer treatment. He succeeded with great success. Doubt he would have ever been given a head coaching job without this fortuitous event.

thank you, took the words out of my mouth. What he did in Indy earned him a HC job.

mdk2

Reaction score
Toddles isn't going anywhere.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
This is my honest opinion of a large portion of the coaching staff. They are good coaches in terms of managing the team. They get a good effort from the team. They choose talent pretty well. I just don't see them as schematic/x's and o's guys. I think if Terry had presented it like that it would have been a fair assessment.

SteveA

Reaction score
Haleys a cheerleader............

Irondiesel58

Reaction score
Haley might be leaving!!!

Good luck Todd! Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Haley being looked at for a head coaching job again. How short a memory this league has. What did Haley do before coming to the Steelers with a very good Offence and do well just "ok". He didn't come to a struggling offense. I'll be glad when he's gone. Ben never wanted him here to begin with. If your QB doesn't have a say in coordinators then that's going to be a problem. Next Tomlin turn.

skyhigh44

Reaction score
Good luck Todd! Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Haley being looked at for a head coaching job again. How short a memory this league has. What did Haley do before coming to the Steelers with a very good Offence and do well just "ok". He didn't come to a struggling offense. I'll be glad when he's gone. Ben never wanted him here to begin with. If your QB doesn't have a say in coordinators then that's going to be a problem. Next Tomlin turn.

Yeah, and going by your solid references and sources, I might be his replacement.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
linkie dinkie do?

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
What is this make up a a rumor day a gossip mag?? And why all the excitement anyway? Haley has been great for us. Every Offensive coordinator calls plays that we don't like sometimes but you have to look at the overall picture. I for one hope he doesn't get a sniff and is here for awhile

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
This is my honest opinion of a large portion of the coaching staff. They are good coaches in terms of managing the team. They get a good effort from the team. They choose talent pretty well. I just don't see them as schematic/x's and o's guys. I think if Terry had presented it like that it would have been a fair assessment.

This honestly makes no sense. The steelers are not on both sides of the ball making up plays in the sidelines or drawing plays in the dirt. Last year we X & O our way to 48 sacks. That was mostly coaching butler drawing up schemes to get someone free. Sure wasn't Jarvis or Dupree beating lineman. Haley has reduced the hits Ben takes by getting the ball out quick. Helped turn Antonio into a unstoppable monster unless you triple team him. Munchak has the line humming they were underachieving before he got here. The one blessing in disquise from this Terry mess is that we heard that Tomlin doesn't just sitin his office trying on shades all week and is heavily involved on both sides of the ball especially defense.

bigtwnvin

Reaction score
Toddles isn't going anywhere.
Haley has been quoted as saying he isn't interested in being "considered" for a HC job, not building a playbook for another team and his focus now is winning a championship.
That is all.
My take, this Steelers coaching staff knows they can play with anybody but are at least one year away from having the Defense to be consistent. If things go well this year and the injury bug doesn't cause setbacks or there aren't salary casualties this team could be something special. There's plenty of room for improvement of course but who wouldn't want to be associated with a situation like this?

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
This honestly makes no sense. The steelers are not on both sides of the ball making up plays in the sidelines or drawing plays in the dirt. Last year we X & O our way to 48 sacks. That was mostly coaching butler drawing up schemes to get someone free. Sure wasn't Jarvis or Dupree beating lineman. Haley has reduced the hits Ben takes by getting the ball out quick. Helped turn Antonio into a unstoppable monster unless you triple team him. Munchak has the line humming they were underachieving before he got here. The one blessing in disquise from this Terry mess is that we heard that Tomlin doesn't just sitin his office trying on shades all week and is heavily involved on both sides of the ball especially defense.
Todd Haley just doesn't come out with the game plan. They are likely going to struggle with the Dolphins this weekend. I hope they can eek out a win. The problem with the coaching staff is they seem to come into games with an are who we are attitude. The reason why the Pats are so successful is they have a we will be what you can't defend attitude. Oh and if they were 95 percent certain who they would play in the first round they would prepare for that opponent with the extra week. Apparently according to Mike the Steelers did not.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Todd Haley just doesn't come out with the game plan. They are likely going to struggle with the Dolphins this weekend. I hope they can eek out a win. The problem with the coaching staff is they seem to come into games with an are who we are attitude. The reason why the Pats are so successful is they have a we will be what you can't defend attitude. Oh and if they were 95 percent certain who they would play in the first round they would prepare for that opponent with the extra week. Apparently according to Mike the Steelers did not.
Big Ben is on record for already studying for the dolphins

And **** the Patriots sorry couldn't resist saying that

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Steeler Nation mobile app

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
But the coach are on record as saying "they" have not. And by all means. Let Ben call the ****** plays. That is my whole point. This team seems to only hit its stride in these games when it starts to look like **** and get urgent and at least from the outside it very much looks like Ben takes over. So what does that say about Todd Haley to you.
I agree. **** the Patriots. Unfortunately, they can get a whole lot more out of a whole hell of a lot less. And until that is accepted and somehow at least kind of matched, it will continue.

SteelerAl

Reaction score
But the coach are on record as saying "they" have not. And by all means. Let Ben call the ****** plays. That is my whole point. This team seems to only hit its stride in these games when it starts to look like **** and get urgent and at least from the outside it very much looks like Ben takes over. So what does that say about Todd Haley to you.
I agree. **** the Patriots. Unfortunately, they can get a whole lot more out of a whole hell of a lot less. And until that is accepted and somehow at least kind of matched, it will continue.

How many times do we have to go over this? Why do you believe what any coach says in public? Coaches use the media to send messages to their players --- not to give the public an open and honest account of what's happening inside team headquarters.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score

Exactly why would Tomlin come out and say they were looking at film of the Dolphins when we still had a game against the Browns to play. Then everyone would say we were over looking the Browns and blah blah

SteelerAl

Reaction score
Exactly why would Tomlin come out and say they were looking at film of the Dolphins when we still had a game against the Browns to play. Then everyone would say we were over looking the Browns and blah blah

And remember, it was also possible (although less likely) that we could be hosting the Chiefs this week. Imagine the outrage if we spent time preparing for the wrong team!!!