• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers’ Omar Khan Is Working On Securing A Massive Playmaker: “Very Close To Landing A Significant Playmaker”

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
ATL would be seriously limiting the QB in that case, down to about nothing, they can't do that.
They can't sign a 1st round QB when they have a cap busting QB signed in the offseason...but they did. Everyone has a price.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
At this point, I'd like to see Khan sign a couple of the veterans still on the market rather than make a big move in the trade market. If Pickett had a breakout year last season, I go all in on a bigtime receiver. That wasn't the case and as they try to figure it out, stick with the plan of a strong running game and efficient passing attack. Throw a couple of one-year deals at 2 of the top UFAs left and try to find an option out of sheer quantity of players. I think once you have a QB you're building around, getting a stud receiver is essential.

Poobah

Reaction score
At this point, I'd like to see Khan sign a couple of the veterans still on the market rather than make a big move in the trade market. If Pickett had a breakout year last season, I go all in on a bigtime receiver. That wasn't the case and as they try to figure it out, stick with the plan of a strong running game and efficient passing attack. Throw a couple of one-year deals at 2 of the top UFAs left and try to find an option out of sheer quantity of players. I think once you have a QB you're building around, getting a stud receiver is essential.
problem is there really isn't much out there on the WR market. At this point, its wait and see if any cuts come up between now and near end of camp and more likely near end of camp. I supposed they could package Dan Moore up in a trade near end of camp if we get through healthy and someone like Spencer really looks good. I know Moore struggled, but he has starting LT experience and OL are a valuable commodity. Someone will give up a little for him.

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
who do you like from the list of availables ?

• Tyler Boyd
  • Michael Thomas
  • Hunter Renfrow
  • Zay Jones
  • Mecole Hardman
  • Marquez Valdes-Scantling
  • Corey Davis
  • Julio Jones
  • Russell Gage
  • Allen Robinson
  • Alex Erickson
  • Lynn Bowden
  • Scotty Miller
  • Jalen Guyton
  • Randall Cobb
  • Sterling Shepard
  • Robbie Chosen
  • Richie James
  • Jakeem Grant

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
problem is there really isn't much out there on the WR market. At this point, its wait and see if any cuts come up between now and near end of camp and more likely near end of camp. I supposed they could package Dan Moore up in a trade near end of camp if we get through healthy and someone like Spencer really looks good. I know Moore struggled, but he has starting LT experience and OL are a valuable commodity. Someone will give up a little for him.
If Kahn finds a sucker to trade for Moore, all the power to him.

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score

• Tyler Boyd - apparently wants too much. We tried.
  • Michael Thomas - hasn't been decent ever since he signed the $90 mill contract 3 years ago.
  • Hunter Renfrow - more of a #3 but I'd consider taking him if he came cheap enough.
  • Zay Jones - no
  • Mecole Hardman - no
  • Marquez Valdes-Scantling - not consistent
  • Corey Davis - mostly a bust since day 1.
  • Julio Jones - too old years ago
  • Russell Gage - no
  • Allen Robinson - tried, too old, no to rest
  • Alex Erickson
  • Lynn Bowden
  • Scotty Miller
  • Jalen Guyton
  • Randall Cobb
  • Sterling Shepard
  • Robbie Chosen
  • Richie James
  • Jakeem Grant

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score

• Tyler Boyd
  • Michael Thomas
  • Hunter Renfrow
  • Zay Jones
  • Mecole Hardman
  • Corey Davis
  • Julio Jones
  • Russell Gage
  • Allen Robinson
  • Alex Erickson
  • Lynn Bowden
  • Scotty Miller
  • Jalen Guyton
  • Randall Cobb
  • Sterling Shepard
  • Robbie Chosen
  • Richie James
  • Jakeem Grant
I believe Anthony Miller is now available... :LOL:

Poobah

Reaction score
Not saying he is worth much, but an injury to a team's OL in camp and we might get a mid round pick for a guy with starting experience. Any demand isn't about if he is good or bad, but rather a lack of OL in the league overall. If they can get a mid rounder for him, pull the trigger for sure.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Not saying he is worth much, but an injury to a team's OL in camp and we might get a mid round pick for a guy with starting experience. Any demand isn't about if he is good or bad, but rather a lack of OL in the league overall. If they can get a mid rounder for him, pull the trigger for sure.
**** that. I am hoping for a few 1st rounders from Cleveland for him!!!!!

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Moore likely Moore isnt as bad as we make him out to be... some of the issues he gets downgraded on are the absurd stuff we do where we intentionally dont give him help knowing he will get beat and just running the play away from him... PFF oline stats are by far the absolutely dumbest and least correlated stuff ever concocted. His biggest issue is occasionally speed rushers and honestly most average LTs have that issue... he hasnt shown himself to be a great passblocker though and I dont want that at LT

steelhurt

Reaction score

• Tyler Boyd
  • Michael Thomas
  • Hunter Renfrow
  • Zay Jones
  • Mecole Hardman
  • Corey Davis
  • Julio Jones
  • Russell Gage
  • Allen Robinson
  • Alex Erickson
  • Lynn Bowden
  • Scotty Miller
  • Jalen Guyton
  • Randall Cobb
  • Sterling Shepard
  • Robbie Chosen
  • Richie James
  • Jakeem Grant
Wow, depressing list but I’d have to go with Tyler Boyd for the right price.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
**** that. I am hoping for a few 1st rounders from Cleveland for him!!!!!

Coach is MIA, so you’ll have to wait till after the trade deadline to get that out of him. Hopefully Coach shows up in time.

Salute the nation

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score

• Tyler Boyd
  • Michael Thomas
  • Hunter Renfrow
  • Zay Jones
  • Mecole Hardman
  • Corey Davis
  • Julio Jones
  • Russell Gage
  • Allen Robinson
  • Alex Erickson
  • Lynn Bowden
  • Scotty Miller
  • Jalen Guyton
  • Randall Cobb
  • Sterling Shepard
  • Robbie Chosen
  • Richie James
  • Jakeem Grant
None, lol. But if I had to pick, I try for Boyd even if he's a slot only option. Other than him, MVS and Russell Gage. MVS at least provides a big-play threat and Gage, who had a 4-year average of 60 receptions for around 600 yards prior to missing last year due to injury.

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
All my Sweed memories are of him running wide open like a gazelle in the open fields with those gigantic cinder block hands of his and that dang ball that kept bouncing off those cinder blocks
Poor QB play held this guy back ............... he was a key piece of that Superbowl winner in 2008 ............. obviously ........