• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers’ Omar Khan Is Working On Securing A Massive Playmaker: “Very Close To Landing A Significant Playmaker”

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I don’t think we have to have a star but Pickens and a rookie WR and a bunch of scrubs just isn’t ideal. Wilson needs more reliable targets.Let Pickens go down and that group is in a load of trouble.
Maybe... but its hard to say because that group has guys that have flashed, just arent consistent yet.. you might find a yancey thigpen type in there... i have high hopes for Mims, in particular

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I don’t think we have to have a star but Pickens and a rookie WR and a bunch of scrubs just isn’t ideal. Wilson needs more reliable targets.Let Pickens go down and that group is in a load of trouble.
It's one of those deals that someone will produce because someone has to catch the balls, it just makes the offense infinitely easier to defense when there aren't as many receiving threats. Now we have a QB who can get the receivers the ball, but not the set of receivers who will scare the defense yet. Pickens and Wilson can absolutely grow into that role and hopefully they add a veteran to the mix, whether via trade or taking a chance on a UFA.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

That‘s part of why Sutton makes way more sense. I don’t think he is as “expensive” as some of the others candidates and then add in the familiarity between him and the Russ.

I don’t want to trade any future high draft picks for a current WR. Our General Manage(s) are doing very well with our draft picks and I’d hate to come up short in that regards.

Sutton may take a later pick, which I am ok with that. His Mon ey side of the contract should be way friendlier too.

Salute the nation

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe... but its hard to say because that group has guys that have flashed, just arent consistent yet.. you might find a yancey thigpen type in there... i have high hopes for Mims, in particular
I’d love you to be correct and hope you are. Just those guys really haven’t shown much either lately or at all. I remember checking up on Mims definitely a dark horse. But yeah I am one of those types that needs to see potential flash on the field… on our field.

biscuits4u2

Reaction score
just tossin poo
but trade highsmith with his lower cap/salery
for .........
Herbig looked really good

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
just sign boyd or Peoples-Jones

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
That‘s part of why Sutton makes way more sense. I don’t think he is as “expensive” as some of the others candidates and then add in the familiarity between him and the Russ.

I don’t want to trade any future high draft picks for a current WR. Our General Manage(s) are doing very well with our draft picks and I’d hate to come up short in that regards.

Sutton may take a later pick, which I am ok with that. His Mon ey side of the contract should be way friendlier too.

Salute the nation
Wait, I thought Detroit cut Cam, that makes him a FA, no draft pick needed. No?

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Wait, I thought Detroit cut Cam, that makes him a FA, no draft pick needed. No?

Courtland Sutton

My post has nothing about DBs in it, but does reference WRs

No worries, either way

Salute the nation

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
It’s been reported that with the reduction of charges to a misdemeanor and him completing his pre-trial PTR, the prosecution will recommend suspended sentence with probation. A best case scenario. NFL will still have their own investigation and with their zero tolerance for domestic crimes, he will likely receive a suspension. The length of it, depending on his probation status (if any). But since the commish doesn’t hand out suspensions anymore it’s anyone guess if it’s 1-2 games or 3-6 games.
Unless he has prior issues I find it hard to believe 6. Could see 4.

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
It’s gonna be OBJ

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's Drake London out of Atlanta. Smith wants HIS guy. 6'4" 214 heading into his 3rd year. Still on his rookie contract of 5.8M per season and the Falcons barely have their head above water with the cap space after signing Cousins to that ridiculous deal.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I don't think we will sign a big name WR, If Russel Wilson plays well i imagine they would try to sign him. Pickens will be expensive when the time comes so I funny think we would have Wilson and 2 expensive WRs. If we have no intention of keeping Wilson then maybe it could work out

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Seen an Omar tidbit that says even though they aren’t close to signing anyone there is ongoing discussions. Not sure at what positions but I would think CB and WR remains n play.

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's Drake London out of Atlanta. Smith wants HIS guy. 6'4" 214 heading into his 3rd year. Still on his rookie contract of 5.8M per season and the Falcons barely have their head above water with the cap space after signing Cousins to that ridiculous deal.
ATL would be seriously limiting the QB in that case, down to about nothing, they can't do that.