• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Complete Big Trade With Panthers Sending CB Diontae Johnson For CB Donte Jackson

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Don't really care about a player's rep at other places. I mean, it's something that the F.O. hopefully vetted. But, I do care about how they act when they are Pittsburgh Steelers. The difference between one douche and the other in this situation is that one was allegedly a douche at at least one other place; while the other was demonstrably a douche while a member of the Steelers.
I'll say "welcome aboard. Don't be an ***." to one and "Goodbye. Sayonara." to the other.
Jerome Bettis. The Rams said that The Bus was a bad teammate and lazy practice player and that those were some of the main reasons they were willing to let him go/trade him. While a Steeler, none of that materialized. In fact, quite the opposite.

TimesHaveChanged

Reaction score
Also to the people impersonating knowledgeable football fans:

The Steelers FO knows better than you. Stop pretending you know things and stop making things up to get attention. You know nothing.

We now have a proven QB on the roster for next to nothing, can't overstate how important that is. No cap space and no draft capital.

A proven Will LB who may be a star and will be highly motivated to prove his old employer wrong

And a great punter. We are miles ahead of where we were in January.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Whoever keeps calling players cancers:

Either provide the evidence to support your claim or STFU. And your opinion isn't evidence since that's all you're gonna have.
While I liked DJ and thought he was better than the fandom credited him for being, many insiders, such as Dulac from the post gazette have said that like AB and Santonio before him, DJ was traded to get him out of the locker room because he became a problem.

They sold very low on him... in fact a key point for Santonio, AB and now DJ was that they took less to send them all to teams that weren't real contenders for lesser returns than they could have gotten from New England or In DJs case KC...

But read todays chat with Dulac and its beyond clear that DJ was traded to get rid of him, not just to get the CB that was being shopped for a low round pick already...

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
I don't think anyone has mentioned, since we seem to be suddenly making uncharacteristic moves, we might be thinking about a crazy trade up to get Marvin Harrison Jr.

Who's laughin' now, O-Line?

I'm kidding, of course, but with Tomlin's history of addressing the line....
Hes that good. Idk. I might give our 1st 2 picks to move up and get him

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
I wouldn't go as far to call DJ a locker room cancer, but isn't this the same guy who got into a fight during a game with Trubisky (or was that someone else?), got into it with Minkah this year, argued with a coach on the sidelines, basically publicly called out QB1 in his support for QB3, had terrible body language on the field, and numerous lack of effort plays including zero effort to recover a fumble?

DJ is talented, but has a loser mentality and isn't a guy who contributes to a championship culture. That is the biggest missing piece this team has had over the years IMO. It's the biggest difference between squeaking into the playoffs and losing opposed to winning one of those games.
I can't help but think this is an example of a team mostly run by an undisciplined, "buddy buddy" coach compared to a real GM who isn't as accommodating to excuses by problem players. Say what you will, but Shades has a history of allowing "diva type" players to remain and keep up with their sh-- attitudes. The list is long. Are all of them just a coincidence or does Shades' act do something to foster the immature, whinny, cry baby 'tudes? I see 2024 as the year that Rooney said "enough is enough" with the warts of Shades. A decade is plenty long enough to burn through your chances. It's grown up time in Pgh. Grown ups are now running this team, take a back seat Cool Shades. No longer is your "buddy, buddy" relationships guiding this team or relient on who you like catching wings with, overweight punters who shank a 4th of their punts included.

County club's over fellas. Just being "buddies" with Cool Shades is no longer enough to collect a check from Art Rooney II. After 7 years of failing to win a single playoff game, things have changed, finally. If you don't like it Shades, too f in bad.

Steelmann

Reaction score
Personally....I absolutely HATE using that word in any instances like this..
Hits too close to home for me.

But if you want to cavalierly throw it our there 8 times in one paragraph....you do you.
Good job Dino. I cringe at the use of that term nonstop. Perhaps he has not had the experience of multi people suffering From that horrible disease.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Good job Dino. I cringe at the use of that term nonstop. Perhaps he has not had the experience of multi people suffering From that horrible disease.
I'm glad you understand where I was coming from Steelman..

Maybe the poster has been fortunate enough or is young enough, to not have that experience as of yet?...
And I hope he nevers has to deal with a child that struggles/suffers through it...

I would not wish that on my worst enemy.

Last edited:

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
going up into the top five to get him would cost multiple firsts, and he isn't that good... few players outside of QBs are...
Ok well maybe something to consider. A skill player with some character. Not to mention humility with pedigree. Probably could step into dionte's shoes on day one.

Last edited:

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
Also to the people impersonating knowledgeable football fans:

The Steelers FO knows better than you. Stop pretending you know things and stop making things up to get attention. You know nothing.

We now have a proven QB on the roster for next to nothing, can't overstate how important that is. No cap space and no draft capital.

A proven Will LB who may be a star and will be highly motivated to prove his old employer wrong

And a great punter. We are miles ahead of where we were in January.
will this "miles ahead" translate into being super bowl contenders then?
I'd expect a "team miles" ahead could at least win 1-2 playoff games at a minimum if they are truly "miles ahead".
So how far will this team that is "miles ahead" from a first-round playoff exit go since it is so much further down the road now?

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
I'm glad you understand where I was coming from Steelman..

Maybe the poster has been fortunate enough or is young enough, to not have that experience as of yet?...
And I hope he nevers has to deal with a child that struggles/suffers through it...

I would not wish that on my worst enemy.
Sorry Dino, I truly mean that if it is that triggering to you

Unfortunately I am pretty seasoned (to not use a word like old that could be offensive to others) and have had quite a bit of experience with it in my family, but words don't usually trigger me (again quite seasoned and have seen people die in front of me as well as save a couple lives-whole other story). That's the seasoned fisherman and firefighter coming out (I talk pretty point blank). But I will try to be more sensitive and refrain from the usage if it is that triggering as I'm not trying to make you feel a sort of way especially if you have a child that suffers (never went through that thankfully). Again sorry about my word usage, sometimes when I get drinking I have zero filter.

In the future until proven wrong by Russ I will stick with douche nozzle or waste of space until he proves otherwise, which I hope he does.

Again I sincerely do apologize and wish your child win his/her battle...it does happen

TimesHaveChanged

Reaction score
Did you ever provide the evidence to support your accusations that players are "cancers?" I must have missed it

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry Dino, I truly mean that if it is that triggering to you

Unfortunately I am pretty seasoned (to not use a word like old that could be offensive to others) and have had quite a bit of experience with it in my family, but words don't usually trigger me (again quite seasoned and have seen people die in front of me as well as save a couple lives-whole other story). That's the seasoned fisherman and firefighter coming out (I talk pretty point blank). But I will try to be more sensitive and refrain from the usage if it is that triggering as I'm not trying to make you feel a sort of way especially if you have a child that suffers (never went through that thankfully). Again sorry about my word usage, sometimes when I get drinking I have zero filter.

In the future until proven wrong by Russ I will stick with douche nozzle or waste of space until he proves otherwise, which I hope he does.

Again I sincerely do apologize and wish your child win his/her battle...it does happen
Appreciate that..

Moving on..

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Trading DJ ultimately netted us Logan Lee...
so that means
1st round pick Santonio Holmes was traded for a fifth
That fifth was traded for Bryant Mcfaddens return and a sixth.
Tgat sixth turned into Antonio Brown
Brown was traded for a third and fifth
That turned into Dionte Johnson and Zach Gentry
Gentry left via UFA
Dionte and a seventh was traded for Donte Jackson and a sixth.
That sixth is now Lee....

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
will this "miles ahead" translate into being super bowl contenders then?
I'd expect a "team miles" ahead could at least win 1-2 playoff games at a minimum if they are truly "miles ahead".
So how far will this team that is "miles ahead" from a first-round playoff exit go since it is so much further down the road now?
Those are good questions. If a team is "miles ahead" from last year, which was a 1st-round playoff loss team, I would expect a team that is in serious contention for a SB. "Miles ahead" from a 1st round playoff loss would seem at least able to reach a conference championship, if not win one.