• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Complete Big Trade With Panthers Sending CB Diontae Johnson For CB Donte Jackson

SteelerNation.com News

Forefather
Admin
Reaction score
In a shocking turn of events, the Pittsburgh Steelers are getting evening lighter in the wide receivers' room. It was recently reported that the team might be interested in shopping wide receiver Diontae Johnson. That has now come to fruition. The former third-round pick will no longer wear the black and gold, as Tom Pelissero of NFL Network broke the news.

READ MORE

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Kahn has a FA WR on the hook? That's the only way this makes sense. Not that I'm boo hooing over DJ being gone. Just that there's no way you go into the season with Pickens as the most experienced WR in the room.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Im not sure I like this move. I think DJ got some unwarranted hate here for his play. I do think he was developing a pretty bad attitude though which probably was a big factor. I think Pickens can be taken out of the game and Im not sure he is mentally tough enough to keep his head in it. Behind Pickens we pretty much have nothing. Now we have a HUGE hole at WR and no center. Im sure they are not done in FA yet, but when you add a lot of new pieces to a starting unit team continuity takes a hit. Hopefully it works out

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Is the CB we got any good?

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Im not sure I like this move. I think DJ got some unwarranted hate here for his play. I do think he was developing a pretty bad attitude though which probably was a big factor. I think Pickens can be taken out of the game and Im not sure he is mentally tough enough to keep his head in it. Behind Pickens we pretty much have nothing. Now we have a HUGE hole at WR and no center. Im sure they are not done in FA yet, but when you add a lot of new pieces to a starting unit team continuity takes a hit. Hopefully it works out
They will sign a Vet WR for sure. Draft another one or two.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Kahn has a FA WR on the hook? That's the only way this makes sense. Not that I'm boo hooing over DJ being gone. Just that there's no way you go into the season with Pickens as the most experienced WR in the room.
Of course he is. Kahn keeps koohking

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
New OC. New Offense. New QB. If they were going to shake it up, now was the time.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
Is this CB Jackson CB2 or a slot coverage guy?

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
New OC. New Offense. New QB. If they were going to shake it up, now was the time.
The beauty of signing Wilson is all the money you saved for shopping. Rework some other contracts..things are looking up. Never thought I would say that about a Tomlin team. I said this would be a major coup if it happened in a comment I made before they signed Russ. Got to give it up to Mikey: Well played sir...well played.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Is this CB Jackson CB2 or a slot coverage guy?
The Steelers needed two corners now only need one. They already planned on getting rid of DJ . So you lessened a corner need and rid yourself of a WR that wasn't a great effort blocker, had too many mouthy moments, and wasn't going to get money thrown his way for a new contract.

He will start on the boundary opposite JPJ.

Last edited:

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Jackson will be CB2 here until Rish or Trice or a draftee is ready

He is a ufa next year like dionte..

We may save a million or so in cap space, but tgeir contracts were pretty close... he has started 76 games and is 28

steelhurt

Reaction score
I think I read that he’s been a starter since 2018. Don’t know much about him!

madinsomniac

Reaction score
They traded Dionte hours before that 3 million dollar roster bonus was due... had we waited, we might have got a bit bigger a return, but honestly this fills a need and moves up our draft spot a bit

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I would liked to have moved him last year, but this years draft is deep too... and honestly, if we go into the season with two mercurial wrs both playing for new contracts... it was gonna get ugly lol