• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers - Chiefs game thread #TheCardiacKids

Steelmann

Reaction score
Noll's team was trounced the first two games by hated division rivals, outscored 92-10.

But his teams were always tough as a $2 steak and went 9-5 the rest of the season with Bubby Brister at QB, made the wild card, went to Houston and beat them, went to Denver for the AFC Championship game and damn near beat the Broncos.

Does any sentient being believe Mike Tomlin could take a team QB'ed by Bubby Brister, start off 0-2 and being outscored 92-10, make the playoffs, win a road playoff game and lead almost the entire AFC Championship game against a John Elway quality QB on the road?

Yeah, no.
Well....he did take a team with Mason and the Duck to a respectable season. Have to give him a little bit of credit for that. 🤗

MemphisSteelerFan

Reaction score
Signalling a first down is now unsportsmanlike
If that’s the case then there should be a ton of penalties. Helaire Edwards did it earlier .

Bad call but no PIT player should do anything like that today while getting their arses whipped

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
I really need to clean out the p-trap in our guest shower... I think there is a hair clog in there as big as a possum.
I discourage guests from peeing in my shower .....but commend you for trapping it .... to each his own

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
First two games of the 1989 season. But that was just a couple of games.
Yep, outscored something 90-10 in those two games but they had enough balls to get their stuff together and actually made the second round of the playoffs. Almost beat the Elway led Broncos losing by less than a point to get to the AFCC.

Steelmann

Reaction score
That was actually a wild season and fun to watch. Perseverance pays off.
yep....lost 51-0 to the Browns. Then Bengals put over 40 on us. I thought we were dead in the water!

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
Ray Ray is a mediocre kick returner and won't be a big part of the offense going forward. He's the kind of guy you cut to send a message to the rest of the team to smarten the **** up. Or you could just ignore it and keep him on the field
I didn’t see that what he did was even a penalty. I have seen far worse. He has been a reliable receiver this year and made some plays with his speed. He isn’t a terrible 4th receiver.

SteelerFanRC

Reaction score
Yep, outscored something 90-10 in those two games but they had enough balls to get their stuff together and actually made the second round of the playoffs. Almost beat the Elway led Broncos losing by less than a TD to get to the AFCC.
Beat the Houston Oilers in the playoffs in OT on New Year's eve. Should have beaten Denver. Ah yes, good times.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
I discourage guests from peeing in my shower .....but commend you for trapping it .... to each his own
What, you don't do it? Every time we lose to the Chiefs by 30, and with a game the following week against the Browns, if you clean out the P-Trap it's a can't miss. The Browns shouldn't even get off the bus next week.

Chicoman

Reaction score
At what point is Mike Tomlin going to start being held accountable for this team's performance? He is the Head Coach afterall he should be some responsibility for their performance.