• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers - Chiefs game thread #TheCardiacKids

MemphisSteelerFan

Reaction score
My point being is the coaching is a LARGE contributing factor in the play of these professionals. Lackadazical & soft seems to be the norm............ comes from the top on down.

Salute the nation
I hear ya. I get what you mean. I do think the coaching staff has not done well teaching fundamentals. Mike Munchak has been gone 4 years and the OLine has gone down every year since he left.

Look what PIT has attempted to do this season is very dangerous. They have chosen to bring in FOUR new linemen and those linemen have been given the assignment of trying to keep the slowest, most statue-like QB in the league upright. On top of that, the owner has flat out told everyone including the media that he wants the team to run the ball .

Well that is neato, but if Im a Steeler opponent, Im just going to prepare to stop the run. There is no mystery as to what PIT is going to try to do. They will try to run the ball. So if Im defending that, I will move most of the defenders up close to the line and take my chances that the 4 new linemen will not be able to keep the slowest QB in the league upright so he will throw the ball to his checkdown receivers who will gain maybe 1-2 yards. All of us can just about predict what Canada is going to call. Its so easy to defend.

Poor Najee has got to be so sore. Many times he gets a handoff and BEFORE he can get back even to the line of scrimmage, one or two defenders have hit him and he has to stretch and claw and scratch to not lose yardage. Then on 2nd down another run play and now we are at 3rd and 9 and here comes the rush with the ears pinned back.
'
Its just has to change. A lot of things have to change. And I dont think all this is Bens fault. If you had just a decent Oline, Ben can get the team down the field. We all know he can do it even at his age. Sure, he has missed some throws this season, but some of that is the result of knowing he is about to be hit.

Give Ben Tampa Bay's Oline and I bet you would see a much different result. NO, not saying Ben is equal to Tom Terrific, but put Ben on Tampa's team with Bruce as his head coach and Ben would be successful. Not sure he would win a SB, but he would be successful. And put Tom Terrific behind KGreen and CO see how he could do. Everyone knows TB12 does not like to be hit so he might not be so pin point accurate. The OLine in PIT is just atrocious. No two ways about it and that is where it ALL starts.

livingthrudying

Reaction score
at what point did Tomlin become the one with final say on draft picks?
Well he is the one coming up with the project picks (or at least it would appear that way). He's the one who is going to coach a player to play a position they are not designated as. Green is a guard, always has been. Edmunds is out of position and converted as well (Tomlins idea). I mean i am not in the room but i am a human being with at least one brain cell so i can connect a few dots. If Tomlin is the one Coaching the player, I cant imagine Colbert is sitting there going hey i'm going to draft this edmunds guy Mike and i need you to convert him to a different position. Oh and hey Coach T we are gonna draft this guard who i really think can be a great center, It's up to you to make it work.

Could i be wrong? sure i could be but the signs point to these being heavily influenced by Tomlin.