• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers - Chiefs game thread #TheCardiacKids

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
I haven't seen worse.

Me neither.

At least those bad teams in the 1980s and late 1990s still had decent defenses for the most part.

This team just blows all around.

People talk about rebuilding, but one has to question how long it has already been going on.

The Steelers have not really been consistently good or a legit contender since 2017. Last year's 11-0 start was an aberration that diverts focus from the fact the Steelers have been on a downward slide for YEARS now.

The extension of Tomlin looked questionable back in the Spring. It looks downright absurd now.

Reactions: xjx

Lambert58

Reaction score
Sure did a good job eating up clock to get 3.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
First two games of the 1989 season. But that was just a couple of games.

Noll's team was trounced the first two games by hated division rivals, outscored 92-10.

But his teams were always tough as a $2 steak and went 9-5 the rest of the season with Bubby Brister at QB, made the wild card, went to Houston and beat them, went to Denver for the AFC Championship game and damn near beat the Broncos.

Does any sentient being believe Mike Tomlin could take a team QB'ed by Bubby Brister, start off 0-2 and being outscored 92-10, make the playoffs, win a road playoff game and lead almost the entire AFC Championship game against a John Elway quality QB on the road?

Yeah, no.

Lunar

220, 221 What ever it takes.
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I really need to clean out the p-trap in our guest shower... I think there is a hair clog in there as big as a possum.
I pee in the shower.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I really need to clean out the p-trap in our guest shower... I think there is a hair clog in there as big as a possum.

Did Bush uswe your guest shower while on reprive.................?

Salute the nation

steelcan58

Reaction score
I like what McCloud has given us overall, for all the **** you guys give him he plays hard and has made some plays.
Ray Ray is a mediocre kick returner and won't be a big part of the offense going forward. He's the kind of guy you cut to send a message to the rest of the team to smarten the **** up. Or you could just ignore it and keep him on the field.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Tomlin has it all calculated, we'll score 4 TD's in the 4th quarter and win 31-30.

Except - stay with me here - he goes for 2, misses, second TD, goes for 2, misses, 3rd TD, kicks the extra point, final drive, down 30-22, kicks another field goal and goes for the onside kick!

GENIUS!!

MemphisSteelerFan

Reaction score
How many has he dropped this year?
I can think of one that cost the team a win v Det. Never said he had a lot of them. Just saying that when he does it, it just kills the team and there is no reason for it. Terrible to lose the ball when you know everybody’s ball hawking and trying to knock it lose . Just not smart