• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Report of Ben’s last Season

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Think we all knew it but…

You think he’ll try to play somewhere else? I don’t see him doing that personally but who knows.

Pretty sure he is done, he is to uch of a TRUE STEELERS player to go somewhere else and he is tired of the **** show currently presenting itself.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
he’s already said that he’s going to basically go like Jack Lambert

He’ll vanish off the grid

Beards are easier to grow that way...............................

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
you must live in a state where weed is legal cause you gotta be frickin stoned to post some **** like this.

Ben wouldn't let him in the VIP room in Milledgevill, been pissed ever-since..........................

Salute the nation

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
I would hate it but I sure as hell would root for him if he did pick up with another team, especially if he made a Superbowl run with another team. Maybe if Big Ben won a Superbowl with another team Rooney would get the picture of how Tomlin sucks and screwed Ben's career.
Not a snowball's chance in hell of that happening unless Ben is 2nd or 3rd string and the starter is healthy the entire season.

black and gold apex

Reaction score
Ben enjoy your life. You have taken the blame way more times than you should of the Steelers... HOF first rounder all the way. Thanks for some exciting games that you brought us back to victory

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I kind of figured this was it. You can't blame him. He's taken a beating this year. It might get better next year but I think he misses his guys on the O-line. They were always huge to him and that was a special bond you rarely see in the NFL. I saw Bradshaw play and I love the guy but I do think Ben is the best QB we have had. I hope he's not the best we will ever have but I probably won't see anyone challenge Ben or Bradshaw in my lifetime and I am 51. If this is true, I wish Ben nothing but success and happiness in his retirement. He deserves it. Even in Pittsburgh, he's had his critics and detractors his entire career, which was ridiculous. We love you Big Ben!

P.S. I absolutely think Ben could have won more SB's with different coaches but he did win 2 and lose 1. He also would have probably won at least one more if a man named Marsha weren't playing during his era. Any QB would take that. And, pretty much any team in the league would take that.

P.S. What is all this talk about Mariotta? Seems like he got worse after his one good year (his 2nd in the league). Other than that, he's done nothing. Maybe he could be another project but he would probably struggle to beat out Rudolph. He's 28 so he could still resurrect his career but so far, he's done nothing.

GILBERT

Reaction score
Enjoy the last few games. Perhaps this is why Ben stayed in the last week. Milk every moment. Despite being down 41-3.

If he can get them to the playoffs (I know BIG if) I would love for him to come back.

If not walk away (like Lambert). He can live off of appearances.

However - if Cam can get 10M, Ben could certainly earn a decent pay cheque. Even as a back up.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Enjoy the last few games. Perhaps this is why Ben stayed in the last week. Milk every moment. Despite being down 41-3.

If he can get them to the playoffs (I know BIG if) I would love for him to come back.

If not walk away (like Lambert). He can live off of appearances.

However - if Cam can get 10M, Ben could certainly earn a decent pay cheque. Even as a back up.

Ben has made a fortune. He doesn't need to make appearances or work again ever. Those guys in the 70's made absolutely peanuts compared to now. Net worth 100 million...lol

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I felt this was one year too many. Mostly because of the team not his play. Greatly appreciated all the awesome Sundays. We are gonna find out the real Mike Tomlin over the next couple years.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Pretty sure he is done, he is to uch of a TRUE STEELERS player to go somewhere else and he is tired of the **** show currently presenting itself.
Team never gets to another Super Bowl as long as Shades is head coach. Mark it down.
The most TV I see Ben doing is a weekly commentary on local TV like Bettis and Hoke IF he stays in the area but I doubt that he sticks around.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Team never gets to another Super Bowl as long as Shades is head coach. Mark it down.
The most TV I see Ben doing is a weekly commentary on local TV like Bettis and Hoke IF he stays in the area but I doubt that he sticks around.

Ron, I think he hangs in Pittsburgh for a little while, Kids & school thing. Where does he move to when he leaves..... back to his home town?

Salute the nation

Big Ben Rules

Reaction score
Wait, What! why would he leave the area. he loves Pittsburgh. I just don't see him leaving Pittsburgh. he will split his time in Pitts and his Lake front home in Georgia. I can also see him getting into coaching once his kids start playing sports. whether it's Pee Wee, High School or hell even Basketball.

steelhurt

Reaction score
Ben’s been a great Steeler and will go down as one of the greatest to ever have played in the NFL. No QB, I don’t care who you name could extend a play and turn it into a big play like Ben and I will miss that. Time catches up to all players and Ben is no exception so this most likely is it for Ben and no he’s not playing anywhere else.
Ben is a multi-millionaire who never has to take a job whether it be coaching on broadcasting so I assume he will be much more active in his children’s life especially in sports. Could see him coaching his two sons sports teams for their development but working, not happening.
I don’t think they will move their primary residence especially since he j recently built new house and his wife is a Pa girl too.
Remember that they have another vacation home in Georgia so don’t see him moving his home base.
Benny, I will miss you and hope the hell you go out strong this season and stay healthy. Your future has you being added to the Steeler ring of honor and a first team HOF inductee. Fairwell 7!

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
Did Ben bang someone close to you or something?
You're not the other guy who made the same exact comment in last Sunday's game thread I think he's called Wig. Do you guys have some kind of Borg hive mind where you are incapable of having your own thoughts? That's rhetorical as I know what it is. Almost everyone who is a Steelers fan will criticize any player they want except for Ben with no angry blowback, but say something about 7 and the nuthuggers lose their mind. He is open to criticism just like every other player no matter what the football fascists believe.

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
you must live in a state where weed is legal cause you gotta be frickin stoned to post some **** like this.
Actually yes, but I don't partake. And I don't worship other people just because they throw a ball...or throw it while running and a guy falling off him. Those aren't the results I'm looking for.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
LOL....Ben couldn't win a super bowl 10 years ago on this team....dude is not Brady, not by a light-year. He will win nothing no matter where he hypothetically goes. Just like Tomlin haters point out how Tomlin benefited from the Steelers org. so did Ben. Especially with the drafting of great wide receivers that made him look far better than he actually was, and legendary defenses to save his behind. Dude did nothing in first SB...SB 43 up until Arizona took the lead his offense had scored 13 points against a pathetic 9-7 Cardinals team with a weak defense. On the game winning drive it was the Santonio Holmes show including the first catch that Holmes took off his forearm and ending with the end zone catch. " But,...but, Ben threw it...! Yeah, so what? There was nothing special about that throw that many college and NFL QBs could make, it was the catch that was incredible.

I am not a Ben hater, dude has been a warrior for years, but he was what he was, and that was a very flawed QB that Todd Haley helped preserve. I said after SB 45 and even on this message board " We will never win another SB with Ben at QB." Just call me Nostradamus.

Let the new era begin.
How many of those “great” receivers had thousand yard seasons after leaving Ben? Yeah, I think they benefited from a great QB not the other way around.

Reactions: GMC

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
We ain't winning dick with Tomlin as HC either. Ever. I'm waiting on that new era myself.
Thank you. These people can't understand that Ben is not God and he can be criticized. I loved watching him play but halfway through his career it became clear we were winning nothing with him unless the team conditions were overwhelmingly in his favor, and they never were after 43. If not for a James Harrison pick 6 we are sitting here debating if the one ring he does own(SB40) he deserves.

I agree on Tomlin as well. I don't hate him, but he is the most overrated coach in the NFL no matter how much the ESPN/NFL Network nuthuggers praise him and repeat the "never had a losing season" mantra. The standard is mediocrity, and that standard is approved by old man Rooney as that keeps the fools in the stadium seats enjoying their fools gold..errr...fools black and gold. And I am one of those fools...:ROFLMAO:

But, I know the score and I don't kid myself.

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
How many of those “great” receivers had thousand yard seasons after leaving Ben? Yeah, I think they benefited from a great QB not the other way around.
It takes more than a QB in an offense that has a lot of moving parts, or is more run heavy. AB sends his regards and also asks if you want to kiss his Super Bowl ring he won while not catching passes from 7..........................................

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
This nominate this post for Coolies “Most Douche Bag Takes of 2021 award”

It’s fans like you that should be sentenced to watching every game from 1983-1991 and especially suffer through the Mark Malone years.

You’ll find out how much you miss #7 when he’s gone
I watched them live...thanks. And that was a different era where now with a servicable QB that's smart you can win it all today. Not one who on 3rd and 2 throws a 50 yard incomplete pass, or holds onto the ball forever because he's terrible at reading defenses and gets sacked or strip sacked. Buy a calendar......

Last edited:

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
I watched them live...thanks.

Thank you Ben. I forgive you for not signing my football at camp all those years ago.

Sorry you had to compete against Goodell, the rules being built for marsha to win everything, and Tomliln.
I was at SB 43 practice when Ben told some kid waiting for the players " I already signed for you!" In a nasty tone...but I'm nominated for " Douche of the year" award by someone on here...LMAO.. Like I said I don't hate him people change and he obviously has, but doing a 10 year old kid like that is really bad optics especially with the parents there.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Thank you. These people can't understand that Ben is not God and he can be criticized. I loved watching him play but halfway through his career it became clear we were winning nothing with him unless the team conditions were overwhelmingly in his favor, and they never were after 43. If not for a James Harrison pick 6 we are sitting here debating if the one ring he does own(SB40) he deserves.

I agree on Tomlin as well. I don't hate him, but he is the most overrated coach in the NFL no matter how much the ESPN/NFL Network nuthuggers praise him and repeat the "never had a losing season" mantra. The standard is mediocrity, and that standard is approved by old man Rooney as that keeps the fools in the stadium seats enjoying their fools gold..errr...fools black and gold. And I am one of those fools...:ROFLMAO:

But, I know the score and I don't kid myself.

I didn't say he was a God.No man is and father time is undefeated, unless you're Tom Brady. He's pretty much done overall being the man.We'd need to be a top tier power running team at this point in his career. The team as a whole outside of the kicker has major issues.

I'd love to see them rebuild back to base with a nasty OL and DL.The QB may take years to find. Considering the Steelers have only won Superbowls with 2 quarterbacks in 50 years, I hope they strike gold sooner than later.

At least if they have a solid kick you in the face running game and a defense you can't run on, it will at least be enjoyable to watch even if they lose.

It's not much fun watching them now. The rest of this season should be interesting to say the least with zero expectations.

Reactions: JMM

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
Then do you not consider Ben a HOF'er ?
Absolutely. That comes with stats though. And statistics are like a bikini right? They show you a lot, but they don't show you everything.

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
I didn't say he was a God.No man is and father time is undefeated, unless you're Tom Brady. He's pretty much done overall being the man.We'd need to be a top tier power running team at this point in his career. The team as a whole outside of the kicker has major issues.

I'd love to see them rebuild back to base with a nasty OL and DL.The QB may take years to find. Considering the Steelers have only won Superbowls with 2 quarterbacks in 50 years, I hope they strike gold sooner than later.

At least if they have a solid kick you in the face running game and a defense you can't run on, it will at least be enjoyable to watch even if they lose.

It's not much fun watching them now. The rest of this season should be interesting to say the least with zero expectations.
Sure, but like you said rebuild the D and O-line and even if you get a serviceable QB WHO IS SMART...that is the caveat, and yeah I'm saying Ben isn't the brightest bulb in the package. This is not obvious to the casual fans who just rip the OC as it's easy and requires no understanding of what is happening on the field decision-wise. You could bring Sid Gillman back to life to design the offense and be the OC for Ben and after he screws it up these fans would start screaming " Fire the OC." LOL... They don't understand that Ben is what he is and now that he is immobile it shows badly.