• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Report of Ben’s last Season

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
It's hard not to think we had a lot of wasted opportunities while he was our QB, but maybe it's just a case of winning being hard.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Be careful. You may get what you wish for.
What exactly is meant by this? They've only won a playoff game in two seasons over the past decade. The team isn't going to be very good regardless of the coach until they get a competent QB.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
With what the Steelers did to the oline in the offseason (or what they didn't do), I'm not sure if I would have come back this year! Loved Ben and he has my utmost respect and admiration for his years of play for this team, but it would be in his best interests to leave. He has to see this team is going nowhere with Tomlin and Canada!!! Why be a part of this **** show beyond this year!
Last year's OL was pretty bad so they got mostly new people who managed to be even worse.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
What exactly is meant by this? They've only won a playoff game in two seasons over the past decade. The team isn't going to be very good regardless of the coach until they get a competent QB.
Or vice versa.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
he’s already said that he’s going to basically go like Jack Lambert

He’ll vanish off the grid
I predict making a buddy cop movie with James Harrison.
Ben in the Mel Gibson role and Deebo as Danny Glover.

Last edited:

bkwheat28

Reaction score
He can easily have a broadcasting career if a tool like Steve Smiff has a job.

I agree Smith is a tool, but I just don’t see Ben on TV. Some of his hate is self inflicted by the early career incidents, but the media just doesn’t like him for some reason.

FSF

The Agile Financial
Reaction score
That you’re a jackass

Reactions: GMC

Stewey

Reaction score
That is a very loosely defined stat. He's finished with a losing record in two of 18 seasons.

7-8 in 2006
0-2 in 2019

True, however this article mentions those seasons as technicalities. He didn't play the entire season.
But I'll just go with the headlines. I bet Ben's first losing season if it happens will be attributed to this season by the media.

https://Invalid Link - Check SN Hom...t-non-losing-seasons-without-a-losing-season/

FSF

The Agile Financial
Reaction score
Works for me. I suppose we will have to embrace the suck for a few years to get the actual change needed.
Equally as much of a jackass….

See what tune you’re singing in due course

Stewey

Reaction score
My most memorable Big Ben moment was not any incredible pass play after shedding defenders but rather:

svsuhjbn9kb61.png

Had that not happened Ben wins 0 SB's under Cowher.
Wait, would that have made Cowher worse than Tomlin?

Last edited:

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Because you’re a jackass. Can’t you read?
Haha ok, man. I'm gonna keep enjoying the season, but expect the Steelers get back to winning playoff games in the near future.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Equally as much of a jackass….

See what tune you’re singing in due course

Sugar coating and wishful thinking never did anyone any good. It's been too long watching mediocrity.

Please change my tune, this song fawking sucks.

FSF

The Agile Financial
Reaction score
Haha ok, man. I'm gonna keep enjoying the season, but expect the Steelers get back to winning playoff games in the near future.
It doesn’t change the fact you’re a jackass

FSF

The Agile Financial
Reaction score
Sugar coating and wishful thinking never did anyone any good. It's been too long watching mediocrity.

Please change my tune, this song fawking sucks.
You’re a spoiled jackass with no idea what mediocrity means

Stewey

Reaction score
LOL....Ben couldn't win a super bowl 10 years ago on this team....dude is not Brady, not by a light-year. He will win nothing no matter where he hypothetically goes. Just like Tomlin haters point out how Tomlin benefited from the Steelers org. so did Ben. Especially with the drafting of great wide receivers that made him look far better than he actually was, and legendary defenses to save his behind. Dude did nothing in first SB...SB 43 up until Arizona took the lead his offense had scored 13 points against a pathetic 9-7 Cardinals team with a weak defense. On the game winning drive it was the Santonio Holmes show including the first catch that Holmes took off his forearm and ending with the end zone catch. " But,...but, Ben threw it...! Yeah, so what? There was nothing special about that throw that many college and NFL QBs could make, it was the catch that was incredible.

I am not a Ben hater, dude has been a warrior for years, but he was what he was, and that was a very flawed QB that Todd Haley helped preserve. I said after SB 45 and even on this message board " We will never win another SB with Ben at QB." Just call me Nostradamus.

Let the new era begin.

Then do you not consider Ben a HOF'er ?

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
You’re a spoiled jackass with no idea what mediocrity means

Compared to what? The Steeler standard. Oh they're definitely mediocre. Non losing seasons and getting your *** handed to you in the playoffs when you make them is mediocre. What's it been now 12 years. Yeah I have a very good idea what mediocre is. They set "The Standard" not me. It's not any other teams standard. You either live up to it or make a bunch of excuses every year as to why this year you fell way short.

Yep,I'm a spoiled jackass. Big woop. Nothing I say here is going to change a damn thing anyway.