• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

OK...this is weird. K-DOT has (apparently) pissed off the coaches.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
It was Dale Lolley. I can't remember the topic but he went strong in one direction and the story went in another. He said it has from a strong source whom he had no reason to doubt. He got burned, then pissy.

I want to say early April time frame
A lot of the writers are in tune with the times in that they are too sensitive. You mention anything to them other than a popular opinion they have meltdowns and block you. Dale and Ed are two of the guilty parties in reference.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Holy ****, can you guys possibly just fathom saying "I may be wrong on this one"?

If he fails the conditioning test and this 'impeccable source' turns out to be the real deal, I will absolutely say I'm wrong. Deal?
I didn’t do the reporting so I have nothing to be wrong about. Dejan wouldn’t have reported it if someone didn’t tell him. Unless the guy looks like Jamain Stephens on the first day of camp, I don’t think it’s a big deal. Btw, I'm well aware he trained with Duke Manyweather during the offseason.

Last edited:

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
A lot of the writers are in tune with the times in that they are too sensitive. You mention anything to them other than a popular opinion they have meltdowns and block you. Dale and Ed are two of the guilty parties in reference.
About 7 or 8 years ago, Bouchette wrote an article that presented what I thought was a lazy take. He was crowing about how good it was on Twitter. So, I responded to his post with something "Your stance seems contrived and I think you mailed this article in". Instantly blocked and remain so. Personally, I'm not offended. Actually grateful to not have Bouchette's crap on my feed all the time. Now if only I could get MM and his sidekick to do the same.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Who was the OG that Cowher cut on the spot when he couldn't finish the conditioning test? That was some hard-***'ery right there.

Pack up yer ****, Pudgy. You're goin' home. (Looking at the photo of Dotson, he looks like he's a little light rather than overweight. I'm not too worried just yet.)

Oh! There it is, 2 posts up. Jamain Stephens. Long may he occupy the all-you-can-eat-buffet!

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Who was the OG that Cowher cut on the spot when he couldn't finish the conditioning test? That was some hard-***'ery right there.

Pack up yer ****, Pudgy. You're goin' home. (Looking at the photo of Dotson, he looks like he's a little light rather than overweight. I'm not too worried just yet.)
Jamain Stephens

KStilley

Contributor
Reaction score
Coaches play mind games all the time, if you played football at any level and were sidelined with an injury they treated you like a leper. Maybe Dotson was a bit winded even though he looks to be in fine shape, maybe he seemed less serious and was acting like an established vet with a couple pro bowls under his belt. That gun at the sun also could have upset the coaches. Who knows but I believe he'll be fine and probably got the message.

What scares me is that picture of Trai Turner, I don't remeber him looking so slovenly. Maybe the groin really impacted his conditioning and play last year, I sure hope that's the cause, he looks like he couldn't pull without a five second head start.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Probably having the gun at OTA's.

You really think he brought a firearm to OTAs?

If that was actually the case, I think the last thing they'd be reporting about was this guy being out of shape.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Holy ****, can you guys possibly just fathom saying "I may be wrong on this one"?

If he fails the conditioning test and this 'impeccable source' turns out to be the real deal, I will absolutely say I'm wrong. Deal?

I like crow.................... BBQed

I'm with yaz Steelworth and I'll bring the Garlic Tobassco sauce

Salute the nation

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
funny they would cut Decastro having looked at Dotson and been disappointed. There is never peace in the Steelers valley.
With DeCastro waiting until the last minute to tell them he was having a third surgery on his ankle, they didn't have much choice. Seems to me that maybe both players made some assumptions. Big Dot assumed that the job was his no matter what. And DD assumed that as an All-Time great Steeler, the team would be unwilling to take the PR hit that would come with releasing him. If they both made those assumptions, it seems they were wrong.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
did he report like at 350 he has plenty of time go on a protein diet and drop 20

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
funny they would cut Decastro having looked at Dotson and been disappointed. There is never peace in the Steelers valley.

With DeCastro waiting until the last minute to tell them he was having a third surgery on his ankle, they didn't have much choice. Seems to me that maybe both players made some assumptions. Big Dot assumed that the job was his no matter what. And DD assumed that as an All-Time great Steeler, the team would be unwilling to take the PR hit that would come with releasing him. If they both made those assumptions, it seems they were wrong.

DD was released. It was a decision agreed by both sides after Dave decided a third surgery was needed. He’s on record saying he doesn’t know if the 3rd surgery will resolve the spur issues. He was concentrating on his ankle beyond football. In fact he even said, if it’s “time for him to move on from football, I’ll have no problem with it”. Colbert even noted after his release wishes him nothing but the best “with his career”, obviously leaving a door open for DD on the FA market If the surgery is successful. But 3 surgeries on one ankle in 18 months……I wouldn’t accept an auto recovery to the sport. Maybe Cope can elaborate on the ortho impact, but I’m thinking Dave is thinking about normal activities after football with this surgery.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
You really think he brought a firearm to OTAs?

If that was actually the case, I think the last thing they'd be reporting about was this guy being out of shape.

I think the issue is that when KD tried to raise the semi towards the sun, he became winded. Hence, the "he's out of shape" line of thinking.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
If yinz are looking for more bs click bait reporting from DK just keep reading the crap that is spun, or ignore the click bait bs articles and they get less attention lowering the incentive for click bait reporting. "reporters" just trying to stay busy in a long slow off season

JuJu... tik tok is calling, give em something to talk about

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
DD was released. It was a decision agreed by both sides after Dave decided a third surgery was needed. He’s on record saying he doesn’t know if the 3rd surgery will resolve the spur issues. He was concentrating on his ankle beyond football. In fact he even said, if it’s “time for him to move on from football, I’ll have no problem with it”. Colbert even noted after his release wishes him nothing but the best “with his career”, obviously leaving a door open for DD on the FA market If the surgery is successful. But 3 surgeries on one ankle in 18 months……I wouldn’t accept an auto recovery to the sport. Maybe Cope can elaborate on the ortho impact, but I’m thinking Dave is thinking about normal activities after football with this surgery.
Not saying it's not true that the decision to release DD was agreed to on both sides. However, this is the first I've heard of it. I've read that he was "not surprised" at being released, but not that he agreed to it. Kinda different scenarios. For example, my delivery driver was probably not surprised that he was fired for being late 6 times over the last month. But, we never had a conversation where we agreed it was the best course of action.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score

"But I don't see him riding a bike!"

Steelers beat writer Ray Fittipaldo of the Post-Gazette tells the PM Team he hasn’t heard anything about that report.

“I haven’t heard that from anyone that I talk to at the Steelers,” said Fittipaldo.

He adds he finds it interesting that so much attention has been made about an offensive lineman who could be out of shape.

“To be honest with you, this is about an offensive lineman, I mean they’re not asking Kevin Dotson to like show up and run a mile in five minutes or anything,” said Fittipaldo. “I’m not saying there’s not any validity to it, but I haven’t heard that, to be honest with you, if a guy is a little bit out of shape and he plays the offensive line, I’m not too concerned about that either.”

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I didn’t do the reporting so I have nothing to be wrong about. Dejan wouldn’t have reported it if someone didn’t tell him. Unless the guy looks like Jamain Stephens on the first day of camp, I don’t think it’s a big deal. Btw, I'm well aware he trained with Duke Manyweather during the offseason.
Meh Jermain stevens was just a pawn in the power struggle between Cowher and donahoe... his conditioning was a problem because he wasn’t cowhers guy... casey hampton could have literally rolled into camp mainlining ground up donuts and he was golden to Cowher...

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
"according to an article DK wrote for his site, Dotson is currently in the dog house. He showed up to OTAs and Mini-camp in less than ideal shape." The first time Turner came to visit, it wasn't about DD as much as it was about firing a shot across Dotson's bow and alerting him that there were options out there to replace him if he didn't get his **** together. Now new reportDotson so-called out of shape. If you call an OL like this out of shape your following the wrong sport that is how the OL is supposed to look, and compare that pic vs some fat OL we have had in past Kemo Starks, Flozell

Last edited:

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
He looks in shape. ,. Not a slob like Turner. But maybe this was about his lifting regimen. Maybe he didn't make gains in squats or deadlifts etc. His legs to me look thin . Just my observatiin

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
****/chyt/shyite

Big Dot is going nowhere and will be starting. This is all a lot of (see above line) cowpucky.

Salute the nation

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
"according to an article DK wrote for his site, Dotson is currently in the dog house. He showed up to OTAs and Mini-camp in less than ideal shape." The first time Turner came to visit, it wasn't about DD as much as it was about firing a shot across Dotson's bow and alerting him that there were options out there to replace him if he didn't get his **** together. Now new reportDotson so-called out of shape. If you call an OL like this out of shape your following the wrong sport that is how the OL is supposed to look, and compare that pic vs some fat OL we have had in past Kemo Starks, Flozell
Did you just copy/paste/quote from a post I made in another thread before this thread got started? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I didn't say he was out of shape. DK said he was told he was in "less than ideal shape". Since I don't know what the coaches asked of him, I can't say whether he has or has not met that standard (which is, of course, the standard). But, as I said earlier, looks can be deceiving. He may not be at the level of cardio fitness they want him at.

As one poster noted above (Bleeder?), his legs do look a little skinny as opposed to his upper body. Might be that's just the way his body makes gains. Might be that they specifically asked him to work on getting those legs to match the rest of his body. I don't know. But, it seems to me that if he was pulling trucks with those legs last off season, they should be plenty strong enough. Which leads me back to cardio. I think the initial meeting with Turner and the leak to DK was a shot across the bow about his cardio not being up to snuff so that he would come to camp in shape to handle the not so gentle workload that Klemm may have in store for them. Again though ... who knows? Could just be that DK was wrong/going for the clicks.