• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Michael Vick can not lead this team...

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Talk about "old, slow, and done". He's is a turnover machine, never won anything with any team he's been on, and looks plain disinterested when he's on the field. I'd rather see them bring Tyler Murphy back and give him the ball at QB, at least we'll have speed and effort, while giving the kid some time in live play. Or go out and get someone that can get the ball to Brown, something Vick can't do.

**of course, all this is contingent on the extend of Ben's injury. But either way, Vick should be cut.

Yeah, they should bring in Tyler Murphy. The guy barely had more touchdowns than interceptions at BC last year, ranked 68th in the country in YPA, and came in 73rd in quarterback rating. Let's put him in there on a short week of practice to start against an angry 0-3 Ravens team on national TV.

Great ******* idea.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Oh I know! We can go pluck a franchise QB from the Franchise QB Tree. I'm sure there's one just waiting for us to call.

Well yeah, because it only took 21 years after the last one retired until we drafted Ben. I'm old, I remember stuff.

I said from the beginning that Vick would be okay if he didn't have to play much, if at all. If Ben is indeed out for four games and Vick can manage to go 2-2 I'll be happy. If he has to play more games than that we're ******.

Last edited:

IndySteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I wanted Mariotta if he fell to us this year and I was almost publicly beaten for that opinion.... any chance you get to have a bonafide top end starter prospect in waiting at the QB position you take... always regardless of other positions... it is that freaking important these days

Right. Even if he sits for a few years like Rogers with the Packers.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Right. Even if he sits for a few years like Rogers with the Packers.

If you think there is a guy there in the first who is more likely than not going to be a top end passer in this league, you take him, develop him, and if you don't need him you trade him.

swal75

Reaction score
I felt like we should have drafted Bridgewater before last year, but Ben has had way more in the tank than I anticipated. It's a shame this happened, he was going to break the single season yardage mark this season.

Reactions: MTC

Chicoman

Reaction score
We need a Mike Vick POM POM Thread.......Oh yeah baby! W00F!

Steel Ballin

Reaction score
I doubt Vick even knows the playbook. That's been his M.O.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I just have to say, some of you make Tomlin seem like a really great coach to me. And that scares the living **** out of me. Seriously... Tebow?

You gameplan (I know, asking Tomlin to gameplan is like asking monkeys to work out nuclear fission in 4 days in 3 languages, but I digress). You gameplan around what Vick, Bell, Williams, and our lethal receiving corps can do and you lean like a ************ on your defense.

I would REALLY like to ask coach T and coach Haley why the formerly #1 rusher in the AFC barely saw the ******* ball today. Maybe, just maybe you keep THAT ******* GUY in the rotation just a bit more.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I just have to say, some of you make Tomlin seem like a really great coach to me. And that scares the living **** out of me. Seriously... Tebow?

You gameplan (I know, asking Tomlin to gameplan is like asking monkeys to work out nuclear fission in 4 days in 3 languages, but I digress). You gameplan around what Vick, Bell, Williams, and our lethal receiving corps can do and you lean like a ************ on your defense.

I would REALLY like to ask coach T and coach Haley why the formerly #1 rusher in the AFC barely saw the ******* ball today. Maybe, just maybe you keep THAT ******* GUY in the rotation just a bit more.

I think with our WR core Tebow could be effective, but i highly doubt any of us will ever see if thats the case. Vick seems too careless with the ball and I dont think any amount of studying or learning the playbook will solve that. I picked up Williams in fan duel because i needed a cheap RB. I was shocked he was barely involved. I dont have a problem with Bell starting and getting most carries, but i would have thought they should have given him more breathers

T

TAS

Vick will have reps with the first team for three days to get prepared. I'm confident he will look a lot better come Thursday night.

That's exactly what I tried telling myself. Then I realized how long Vick has been doing this sherade

stuntmanmike

Contributor
Reaction score
Rams defense was fast and tuff on that shittie turf especially second half. We're not going to see that at from the ratbirds. Totally winnable game with Vick at the controls as long as we don't turn ball over.

steelhurt

In Andy I trust....
Reaction score

I knew Cool Shades would **** this up with Bell and D'Angelo. He's going to run the wheels off this kid like he did with Willie Parker. Instead of this dumb *** utilizing both these guys and even have multiple back sets where you have lots of options with these two guys, he pulls this crap. This guy has never gotten it and never will. DA has two really nice games and now he's on the bench and had one carry. Now lets see what kind of coach you have here now with the likes of Vick and one Landry Jones drafted exclusively by Cool Shades as Ben's replacement.

PTY Steeler

Reaction score
I not a fan of Vick at this point of his career, but I'm sure he can win some games for us while Ben is out. With all the weapons we have, Haley is gonna probably change the whole offense to accommodate Vick's strenghts.

Hopefully Ben comes back in the best scenario 4 weeks and Vick holds the fort and wins us at least half the games and we can come out well from this catastrophe.

hook

Forefather
Reaction score
Chances of Vick staying healthy through this stretch is slim. Chances of seeing Landry Jones as our starter at some point is pretty good. THAT is what worries the **** out of me.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
I think with our WR core Tebow could be effective, but i highly doubt any of us will ever see if thats the case. Vick seems too careless with the ball and I dont think any amount of studying or learning the playbook will solve that. I picked up Williams in fan duel because i needed a cheap RB. I was shocked he was barely involved. I dont have a problem with Bell starting and getting most carries, but i would have thought they should have given him more breathers

How dare they not give Williams the carries this week to appease the FF fans out there...... Bell just opens up the playbook with his receiving skills aside of his running skills. The defense has to scheme differently when Bell was in. If he needed a breather he would of taken one I'm guessing.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Chances of Vick staying healthy through this stretch is slim. Chances of seeing Landry Jones as our starter at some point is pretty good. THAT is what worries the **** out of me.

Ben getting hurt and Vick going in was what worried the **** out of me....Drop off from Vick to Jones I really don't think is a great as from Ben to Vick. Night and day difference in my opinion.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
So Vick, can you play a full quarter without turning the ball over ?

I hope so probably will help if the oline doesn't allow him to be smashed like he was today. Two quarterbacks played for the Steelers and only one had a turnover. Which one?

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
The fact of the matter is the only thing any of us can do is hope. All the cheerleading, bitching, bad-mouthing, rah-rah bullshit doesn't mean a thing. Mike Vick is the QB of the Pittsburgh Steelers for now. So, if you'd like to see this team in the playoffs, you'd better hope that he can at least do a passable imitation of an NFL level QB and help this team win more games than they lose while Ben is out. The alternative, at least for now, is throwin Landry Jones out there and seeing what he has. If you're more comfortable with Landry than Vick, either you didn't see Landry play QB these last 3 preseasons or your dealing from a level that has nothing to do with football.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
The fact of the matter is the only thing any of us can do is hope. All the cheerleading, bitching, bad-mouthing, rah-rah bullshit doesn't mean a thing. Mike Vick is the QB of the Pittsburgh Steelers for now. So, if you'd like to see this team in the playoffs, you'd better hope that he can at least do a passable imitation of an NFL level QB and help this team win more games than they lose while Ben is out. The alternative, at least for now, is throwin Landry Jones out there and seeing what he has. If you're more comfortable with Landry than Vick, either you didn't see Landry play QB these last 3 preseasons or your dealing from a level that has nothing to do with football.

Of course Tebow name has been tossed out there too.