• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Michael Vick can not lead this team...

LastRide

Reaction score
You have to admit. They gave Vick some pretty ****** play calls. You can tell they were giving him safe plays to run. I thought for sure the Rams were going to march down the field and score when we didn't get the first with a couple minutes left. We escaped with the win.

Last edited:

mdk2

Reaction score
I will say one thing.. Vick won't see a better DL all year than what he saw today from Rams, those guys are animals. OL played solid in the 1st half, fell apart a little in 2nd half but they'll be fine.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
And this is based on what??? Can we at least get a week of practice with the starters before we start proclaiming anything. I suggest we lean more on the running game. To expect Vick to be Ben would be crazy.

^This^

I'm confident Vick can hold up this team until Ben gets healthy

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
^This^

I'm confident Vick can hold up this team until Ben gets healthy

I will HOPE he holds it together, but that's me. :)

Reactions: MTC

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
I think the Key will be to turn him into a game manager. Bring in the full back go Heavy run/Play action we have the horses to run whne they crowd the box you go deep on them and that horrible secondary. Put in some play action rollouts to keep them honest. What the coaches will have to do is call a good game because what Vick is not is an offensive coordinator on the field. Ben can make the adjustments at the line to get the ball to AB Vick will have maybe a few audible options but not the connection with AB that Ben has. This game can be won but only with the right gameplan and that is not Ben's game plan. No more five wide all day there has to be a run threat.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
As long as we commit to the run and ACTUALLY RUN PLAY ACTION, this offense is still very effective. Vick is notorious and being underprepared when he is not starting. He didn't look good today. He's more prone to turning the ball over than any QB we've had. He runs holding the football like a baton, which I hate. If he doesn't have to carry the team, he can be effective and a winner. If he tries to be the everything man, he's going to screw up. I'm more confident on him running the offense while getting all the snaps in practice. I'm not confident when he has to come into a game cold.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
As long as we commit to the run and ACTUALLY RUN PLAY ACTION, this offense is still very effective. Vick is notorious and being underprepared when he is not starting. He didn't look good today. He's more prone to turning the ball over than any QB we've had. He runs holding the football like a baton, which I hate. If he doesn't have to carry the team, he can be effective and a winner. If he tries to be the everything man, he's going to screw up. I'm more confident on him running the offense while getting all the snaps in practice. I'm not confident when he has to come into a game cold.

Agreed

Give the man some time to practice with these guys. I'm not asking the guy to be Ben. Just hold up the team until then

Spike

Reaction score
You know what I say

Bring back Charlie Batch!!!

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
BRING BACK CHARLE BATCH!!!!!

and then go 5 WIDE...*******!!!!!

LastRide

Reaction score
Batch looked horrible his last year or two. I think I would rather play Vick.

madtacker

Reaction score
For the next four and a half days there better be a coach in his ear telling him to protect the Damn ball!!!

I fear getting into a heavy run game plan and relying on the defense plays right into the ravens hands.

They want a street fight. I am not saying throw 50 times,but if you run first & second end up third & long all night we are in trouble

Damn this sucks!! This sucks and I think we just lost our season!!

steelhurt

Reaction score
Talk about "old, slow, and done". He's is a turnover machine, never won anything with any team he's been on, and looks plain disinterested when he's on the field. I'd rather see them bring Tyler Murphy back and give him the ball at QB, at least we'll have speed and effort, while giving the kid some time in live play. Or go out and get someone that can get the ball to Brown, something Vick can't do.

**of course, all this is contingent on the extend of Ben's injury. But either way, Vick should be cut.

Oh I know! We can go pluck a franchise QB from the Franchise QB Tree. I'm sure there's one just waiting for us to call.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I think some of the write ups at camp said landry liked like a different Qb with the starters. I do not think Vick is the answer is rather give Jones or tebow a shot.

Spike

Reaction score
2-14

Ben returns for last game and blows out the other knee

Steelers draft a QB with overall #1 pick

Last edited:

bmoritz

Reaction score
In all seriousness, I think this injury highlights the need for the Steelers to seriously start preparing for life after Ben (and Landry ain't the answer). I personally think Cardale Jones would be the perfect guy to take over in a few years. The problem is, with all of the help we still need in the secondary, can you afford to take use a premium pick on him? I think it's worth it.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
In all seriousness, I think this injury highlights the need for the Steelers to seriously start preparing for life after Ben (and Landry ain't the answer). I personally think Cardale Jones would be the perfect guy to take over in a few years. The problem is, with all of the help we still need in the secondary, can you afford to take use a premium pick on him? I think it's worth it.

I wanted Mariotta if he fell to us this year and I was almost publicly beaten for that opinion.... any chance you get to have a bonafide top end starter prospect in waiting at the QB position you take... always regardless of other positions... it is that freaking important these days

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
You mean the guy who was beaten out by Case Keenum, the weak-armed, system QB from the Univ. of Houston?

He was signed by the Browns. Which mean he might get a chance to start this season.

I would trade every QB on this team (other than Ben) Archer and a 7th rounder for that weak armed system QB.....