• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Michael Vick can not lead this team...

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
Andy Dalton had a crucial INT and fumble against Baltimore and they still won. And they won by allowing AJ Green to run free where ever he wanted to go. Green is one of the best WR's in the league, but he's not the route runner that Brown is. The Ravens couldn't cover Green, what makes you think they can cover Brown?

The Rams DL was nasty yesterday, they played angry. Foster was thrown around like a rag doll all game long, The Ravens do not have a DL like that.

Last edited:

bmoritz

Reaction score
Don't worry guys, this is all part of the plan. We're just resting Ben for a playoff run!

Spike

Reaction score
The fact of the matter is the only thing any of us can do is hope. All the cheerleading, bitching, bad-mouthing, rah-rah bullshit doesn't mean a thing..

I just bought me a Vick Steelers jersey for $20 - I'm all in!

2015-16-Steelers-2-Michael-VICK-Jersey-Cheap-Authentic-Pittsburgh-Men-s-Elite-Football-Jerseys-Size.jpg_350x350.jpg

Spike

Reaction score
Time to start Coates and let him fly!

Vick's still got a good arm...let him throw it deep...it's when he has to read defenses he gets lost

Last edited:

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
Vick is not Ben. He is good enough to give us a split on the games we play while Ben is out.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I've stayed away from this thread - intentionally - because it's always the same ol' doom and gloom, we're dead now, the sky is falling, blah, blah, blah, blah...

I only read the first page of the thread and the comments read, as if any of the naysayers "know" our back up QB's - is preposterous!!! The game I watched yesterday, Ben did have it easier, at times, against the Rams defense; but, he was sack MORE THAN ONCE. (Something tells me he practiced all week with the 1's---Mike Vick, not so much)...

So, yes, we're in a tough position---this is football, injuries are bound to happen - it's the game; but, to start threads of negativity based on absolutely no faith or facts - it really makes it tough to be around here at times; but, eh, it's like I've always said, "haters gon' hate"...

"Fans don't cheer no mo' - all they do it this :hopelessness:"

"Fans don't cheer no mo' - all they do it this :rip2:"

Man up and grow a pair.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
The Rats are going to get their first win Thursday. Vick need only to hand the ball off to Bell & Williams all day long and short pass. But he will overactive and try to go downfield to AB into the hands of Ratbird defenders. He's not Ben.

Just in case you forgot - Ben has thrown to BONEHEADED INTs this season. Sometimes you have to take the good w/ the bad...

mdk2

Reaction score
I think Vick can keep us in contention until Ben is back. Remember, it's not just Vick vs. the other team, we have a great WR and a great RB. The defense needs to step it up as well.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Andy Dalton had a crucial INT and fumble against Baltimore and they still won. And they won be allowing AJ Green to run free where ever he wanted to go. Green is one of the best WR's in the league, but he's not the route runner that Brown is. The Ravens couldn't cover Green, what makes you think they can cover Brown?

The Rams DL was nasty yesterday, they played angry. Foster was thrown around like a rag doll all game long, The Ravens do not have a DL like that.

Funny how the facts just keep popping up...

oicu8ad

Reaction score
Just in case you forgot - Ben has thrown to BONEHEADED INTs this season. Sometimes you have to take the good w/ the bad...

One was in catch-up / desperation mode against the cheaters. The other one, Wheaton and DHB both looked like they stopped on the play. Neither made an effort to go get it. The look on Ben's face was as if they were not on the same page. Neither of those interceptions (to me) were boneheaded. At least not bone headed on Ben's part. But that's just my take.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Of course Vick looked like dogshit when he was with the Jets. They have zero talent on that team. Vick is only good enough to beat last year's Steelers defense, and he did it BY HIMSELF!

Just a few short years ago, we almost played the Eagles in the Superbowl with Vick at the helm. When he has talent around him and the reps, he can perform. This Steelers team is the most talent he's ever had the fortune of playing with. Give him the reps, set up the offense, and take down the rats this week.

str8liner

Reaction score
I think Vick can keep us in contention until Ben is back. Remember, it's not just Vick vs. the other team, we have a great WR and a great RB. The defense needs to step it up as well.

For some reason I feel the same way. Last night when I got home and seen the report on Bens injury scrolling across the screen I immediately started looking for a cliff to jump off of, but once I calmed down and actully thought about all the talent Vic has surrounding him, he doesn't have to play lights out for them to win.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
My takes from the earlier thread about Vick:

Here is why i dont care too much about this...

1.) I believe in redemption for dumbasses... sometimes idiots learn lessons
2.) there is an outside chance his legs and inconsistant deep ball are ennough to get us by if ben is out for a minute... lets face it.. if Ben gets hurt we are likely done anyhow... may as well take a huge risk than concede the season with a one armed QB and a chucklehead project guy as the 2 and 3...

So my personal problem with the signing is I dont see Vick as the highly accurate short passer that fits our O right now. He was always more likely to take off with the ball than dump it to the RB, which limits Bell's effectiveness. He certainly wont be making the crisp right on time passes that take advantage of brown or wheaton's strengths. The two pieces of the O that he would likely benefit are Miller and Bryant. Im just not sold on him as an effective option for us in the case of ben missing time... he is so boom or bust. This is a huge gamble IMO.

I still feel that he is a better option than Dirty Laundry Jones, (who now is a mere play away from actual NFL time...scary!) but this is still hit or miss, and even more so with Bryant out. I wish the Steelers had lined up a better fit to their system before the season, but when they had to get someone, I guess he was the best option out there

skline00

Reaction score
Michael Vick will play to win, not to avoid losing. He's our QB for at least 4 games. Let's surprise the Haites out of them and win them all!

Slash#10

Reaction score
Talk about "old, slow, and done". He's is a turnover machine, never won anything with any team he's been on, and looks plain disinterested when he's on the field. I'd rather see them bring Tyler Murphy back and give him the ball at QB, at least we'll have speed and effort, while giving the kid some time in live play. Or go out and get someone that can get the ball to Brown, something Vick can't do.

**of course, all this is contingent on the extend of Ben's injury. But either way, Vick should be cut.

Not expecting a backup QB to lead any NFL team... I'm expecting the players around the backup QB to lead the team. Backup QB needs to manage the game and do their best not to give the game away with turnovers. The question is can the defense answer the challenge.

SteelerAl

Reaction score
I think Tomlin's record against the Ravens is 10-9. What ******* sucks it that it seems like Ben has been out injured for half the games we've lost to the Rat-turds. Harbaugh/Flacco should count their lucky stars that they've had so many chances against Batch, Leftwich and now Vick...

mdk2

Reaction score
I think Tomlin's record against the Ravens is 10-9. What ******* sucks it that it seems like Ben has been out injured for half the games we've lost to the Rat-turds. Harbaugh/Flacco should count their lucky stars that they've had so many chances against Batch, Leftwich and now Vick...

Don't forget Dennis Dixon.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
With Vick's carelessness of protecting the football, I'd think he may be on a short leash. Though, on the other hand, he could keep us from drowning these next few weeks. From what I remember about his style of play, he's tenacious and vicious when properly motivated. Our next few games will be fights and we'll need our dogs to bring their A games.

ark steel

Reaction score
With Vick's carelessness of protecting the football, I'd think he may be on a short leash. Though, on the other hand, he could keep us from drowning these next few weeks. From what I remember about his style of play, he's tenacious and vicious when properly motivated. Our next few games will be fights and we'll need our dogs to bring their A games.

I hope Tomlin has the batteries and cables ready to provide the proper motivation.

hook

Forefather
Reaction score
The bottom line is he's (Vick) the starter now. Like it or not. I just don't see him lasting 4 to 6 games without getting hurt himself. He's really not that big and he's 35 so he's slower and things hurt more at that age. 10 bucks says we'll see Jones at some point before #7 comes back.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
The bottom line is he's (Vick) the starter now. Like it or not. I just don't see him lasting 4 to 6 games without getting hurt himself. He's really not that big and he's 35 so he's slower and things hurt more at that age. 10 bucks says we'll see Jones at some point before #7 comes back.

GET THEE BEHIND ME ... I rebuke you in the name of Art Rooney, Sr.!!!