• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Le’Veon Bell: Will He? Won’t He? Who Cares??

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
I'm not falling for anything from Twitter again. He was spotted at a GetGo, LA Fitness, now the airport going back to Miami. . . just get here 4:00 and be done!

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
It is kind of odd that no one else is reporting this. Has there been any confirmation on this?

Like Hines said, a guy saw him at the airport. Looking at the guy's twitter feed, it doesn't seem like something he'd make up (but who knows). And then there's this:

Jeremy Fowler
‏@JFowlerESPN

Despite Le'Veon Bell's extended presence in Pittsburgh, nothing has changed, and the Steelers do not expect him to show by today's 4 p.m. deadline to play this season. This marriage feels over.

C'est la vie, douchebag.

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
Steelers have a bit above 20 million in cap space with only 38 players signed. I believe they need to sign 13 more players with that money.
They need to decide between Foster and Finney first, sign Hilton, decide whether they keep either Walton or Alua, decide if they want to keep James, decide on
whether to keep any other restricted players. They can do some other gaming to create cap space, but they are not likely going to be able to sign a high priced' free agent.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Steelers have a bit above 20 million in cap space with only 38 players signed. I believe they need to sign 13 more players with that money.
They need to decide between Foster and Finney first, sign Hilton, decide whether they keep either Walton or Alua, decide if they want to keep James, decide on
whether to keep any other restricted players. They can do some other gaming to create cap space, but they are not likely going to be able to sign a high priced' free agent.

Thats before contract restructuring... they would be fine even if we weren’t about to get 14 .5 million added to our cap space

Steelers1356

Reaction score
Maybe we should sign CJ Anderson as an insurance policy. He's in shape. He asked the Panthers to cut him because McCaffrey has been played almost 100% of the snaps.

After 4:00. In theory Bell could still sign, then you would have to dump 2 RB's currently on the roster.

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
Thats before contract restructuring... they would be fine even if we weren’t about to get 14 .5 million added to our cap space
Exactly....the Steelers have this rare window to grab a top-flight FA if they want.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

SteelerAl

Reaction score
Exactly....the Steelers have this rare window to grab a top-flight FA if they want.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Correct. Lack of cap space is not going to be what prevents us from making a big FA signing. We won't be too tight against the cap, can always restructure deals and the first year cap hit is not too high anyway when there's a big signing bonus involved.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Just asking, but if he signed the tender, is that money guaranteed for the year?

not really sure about that, but if he suffered a severe injury he would be out for many months and it would certainly effect his value.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
not really sure about that, but if he suffered a severe injury he would be out for many months and it would certainly effect his value.

True, but him acting an unreliable douche that's been out of football for a year could, as well.

SteelerAl

Reaction score
That's not the Steeler Way (tm)

They'll have the cap space to make a couple moves to improve the team via free agency, but they aren't going to make a huge splash. Tier one players almost never make it to free agency, they all get re-signed or tagged. The Steelers aren't going to sign a tier three CB for $15+ million a year --- that would piss off Cam Heyward and Joe Haden too much. If guys like Sammy Watkins get $17 million in free agency, it's best to let the desperate, stupid teams play that game and try to find some lesser known value guys like a Bostic / Morgan Burnett.

SteelerAl

Reaction score

If he signed the tender, the pro-rated portion of the $14.5 million would be fully guaranteed (7/17ths of it is left but then he and Steelers would have to agree on what to do with the 2-week window where they could get a roster exemption). Having come this far and decided to forfeit $8+ million, he would be stupid to risk injury just to make what's left. The only thing he cares about is getting his shot at unrestricted free agency and being healthy when he gets there...

Troglodyte

Reaction score
I would think that if Bell was going to sign, the wheels would have been set in motion by now (physical, etc.) and we would know about it. Everything needs to be submitted to the league office by 4:00, it’s not like he can show up at 3:55 and get it done.

SteelerAl

Reaction score
Good riddance Bell. Pgh now hates you forever.

I really don't care. This team is gaining steam and we roll the $14.5 million into next year. I don't hate Bell, but it's clear he has a lot of growing up to do, he's behaved like a teenager throughout this saga.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
I really don't care. This team is gaining steam and we roll the $14.5 million into next year. I don't hate Bell, but it's clear he has a lot of growing up to do, he's behaved like a teenager throughout this saga.

I don't really hate Bell, but he would've been nice insurance in case something happens to Conner during this run. And he has a lot of growing up to do, that is for damn sure. He's likely to get a rude awakening shortly behind that line that can't really run-block, the guys that stack the box because there are really no weapons around him etc.

FordFairLane

Reaction score

Troglodyte

Reaction score
Thank God I went with the JuJu jersey instead of Bell's.

I got Carnell Lake jersey back in the 90s and within a couple years he was playing for then arch-rival Jacksonville. Live and learn.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score

Atlsteelers

Reaction score
Adam Schefter just tweeted Le'Veon Bell is not reporting to the Steelers by the 4 pm deadline today and is now ineligible to play the remainder of the 2018 season, source tells ESPN. His season is over.

Bell will become an unrestricted free agent this winter, when the bidding for his services will begin.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Adam Schefter just tweeted Le'Veon Bell is not reporting to the Steelers by the 4 pm deadline today and is now ineligible to play the remainder of the 2018 season, source tells ESPN. His season is over.

Bell will become an unrestricted free agent this winter, when the bidding for his services will begin.

"The Great Pumpkin is not arriving" said one guy on Depot's twitter feed, lol.

Just so bizarre why the guy would come to Pittsburgh and not sign by the deadline.