• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Le’Veon Bell: Will He? Won’t He? Who Cares??

oicu8ad

Reaction score
A large protest Bell mob out front preventing him from getting to the building to make sure he can't get close to the pen if the moron actually shows (which I doubt he will) would be a pleasant sight

F Bell

And he wouldn't even try to break through because he's saving himself for that big payday. Don't want to add any reps at this point.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
I can't wait for 4:00PM. Adios La Cucaracha!

Questions from here is on cap space, and a compensatory pick if Bell sigs with another team in free agency in 2019

bigtwnvin

Reaction score
So Me'Veon came to the'Burgh to play pick up basketball and left?
This young man needs some professional help.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score

He got the scuttlebutt that he's not welcomed or needed here from the fans and talk shows. No one was begging him to come back, so I think he is taking his ball and going home. My thoughts. . .

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
i think he intended to report as i don't know why else he would come to pittsburgh. i think the Dez injury gave him second thoughts.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
My guess is once this is official, his ex-teammates will start to come out saying bad **** against Bell and deservedly so. This will hurt Bells stock for his negotiations next year even further.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
I can't wait for 4:00PM. Adios La Cucaracha!

Questions from here is on cap space, and a compensatory pick if Bell sigs with another team in free agency in 2019

What's the question? His full Tagged amount is back off of the Steeler's books. All $14.4M.

Compensation could be for a 3rd rounder, but with all that cash, I expect the Steelers to be very active in FA this season. Pick up a shut down corner and an ILB for that price, and still have room for a Vet Z receiver. If the Steelers are active in FA, there will be no comp pick.

So after 4pm, Bell is unable to play at all in the NFL in 2018.

I'm not sure of the rules, but if him being ineligible to play in 2018 is set in stone, the Steelers could potentially cut him just to wash their hands of the guy.

I'm not sure if those rules apply, because cutting a tagged player immediately makes them a FA, and they can sign with anyone. Either way. The Steelers will make sure he will not play football in 2018, and may screw with his multiyear contract in the spring.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I don’t see how the Steelers don’t transition tag him next year. To the very least protect them if Bell signs for a reasonable price and if not drive up the price to try to screw whatever team does sign him. That way when he’s suspended they eat all that guaranteed money. No way the Steelers don’t use that savings in cap space so I doubt we get any compensation anyway. The only way they let him walk is if they plan on using that money to re-up Ben internally which would not affect the compensation for Bell signing elsewhere. If that’s the plan just let him walk so we still get that 3rd round pick in 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score

I don't get that he contacted absolutely no one on the team while in Pittsburgh. And didn't he know this is a polarizing situation that was going to have some emotional responses (coming back)? Seemed like his teammates from their responses said they'd welcome him back so I don't really get it.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
What's the question? His full Tagged amount is back off of the Steeler's books. All $14.4M.

Compensation could be for a 3rd rounder, but with all that cash, I expect the Steelers to be very active in FA this season. Pick up a shut down corner and an ILB for that price, and still have room for a Vet Z receiver. If the Steelers are active in FA, there will be no comp pick.

So after 4pm, Bell is unable to play at all in the NFL in 2018.

I'm not sure of the rules, but if him being ineligible to play in 2018 is set in stone, the Steelers could potentially cut him just to wash their hands of the guy.

I'm not sure if those rules apply, because cutting a tagged player immediately makes them a FA, and they can sign with anyone. Either way. The Steelers will make sure he will not play football in 2018, and may screw with his multiyear contract in the spring.

Add in $8M for Shazier coming off the books too. Plus any dead money from Mike Mitchell or any other cuts.

We can sign the best defensive player available and go draft at future need positions. Like a first round OG to replace Foster and a backup RB to Conner

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Its official...

Just as I always thought...

LeVeon and LaGarrett Blount are really the African American version of "Dumb and Dumber"...

deljzc

Reaction score
We will take care of our own. Not do much in free agency except a mid-tier guy or two for depth/starter competition.

Bell is going to be disappointed. He's going to get paid; there are some dumb GM's out there that will throw him $40 million guaranteed but they are going to be on loser teams. I'm thinking maybe Oakland, Denver, Washington, Jets. Is that his market? I don't think Detroit and Petricia would do it, not a Belichick-school thing to do.

Bell will have all the money in the world but probably won't see a playoff game again in his career. He will be run into the dirt behind bad offensive lines and bad quarterback play. He will decline quickly in production and people will eventually admit it probably wasn't worth the money spent.

We've seen this before.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Its official...

Just as I always thought...

LeVeon and LaGarrett Blount are really the African American version of "Dumb and Dumber"...

LeV would have to be the dumber one....

At least Blount still collect paychecks.

bigtwnvin

Reaction score
3 hours and forty minutes left......
Tick, tick, tick....

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I'm at work and cannot turn on the Presser, but I'm sure it must be definitive in Tomlin's PC. Anyone?

LastRide

Reaction score
HC Mike Tomlin acknowledges it’s unusual to have a player ignore every single one of his texts, calls, smoke signals (as Le’Veon Bell has). But he says, “I understand that business is an element of this.”

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin he understands the business of football but has no expectation about Le’Veon Bell. Asked about potentially never coaching Bell again, Tomlin said, “so be it.”

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
The Colts have a ton of cap space next year (>$115M) and could easily fit Me'Veon...decent QB and O-Line being built to boot. Much better place to land than the other teams with space like the Jets, Bills, Browns or Raiders.

The Steelers would have over $20m in space I think with Foster the only starter as a FA. Why not take a chance on a Dee Ford or Tyrann Mathieu? With Ben's window closing, would make zero sense to not go for a difference maker.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Super Dave

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Miami, NYC or LA....are the only towns big enough for his Rappin talents.....maybe Vegas

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
LeVeon Bell = Shady McCoy
chase the money and wind up with a **** career

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
It is kind of odd that no one else is reporting this. Has there been any confirmation on this?

A guy on Twitter posted it early this morning. Seeing as how Pittsburgh is a small airport, I won't second guess it. I mean, I did run into the Bus at the airport on Friday flying home from last week's game.

But we all know the interweb can also be full of bullshit. We have a few hours to find out if there's any truth to it or not.