• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Le’Veon Bell: Will He? Won’t He? Who Cares??

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
I never wish injury, but it isn't uncommon to see injury after inactivity.

I here ya, I used to be like that too...now I'm a bit meaner I guess.

Not very many ever make the list, Birthdefect has been on it for awhile and Bell is sure trying hard to make the list.

If Bell puts out one more rap I certainly wouldn't mind someone busting his jaw (nothing serious- just wire it shut and drink milkshakes for 8-12 months).

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I here ya, I used to be like that too...now I'm a bit meaner I guess.

Not very many ever make the list, Birthdefect has been on it for awhile and Bell is sure trying hard to make the list.

If Bell puts out one more rap I certainly wouldn't mind someone busting his jaw (nothing serious- just wire it shut and drink milkshakes for 8-12 months).

Birth defect definitely deserves anything he gets, as it seems his biggest purpose is to try to injure.

Vader

Reaction score
Some of you guys spend a lot more time thinking about Bell than I do. Bottom line is that Bell is out for $$$$. That's it. What will happen in the future is anybody's guess. Is he in shape to play? Probably not but he will be next year when some team pays him but he'll never get back the $14 million he left on the table this year. I don't know if he is getting bad advice or if he is just a moron. Either way he is responsible.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Some of you guys spend a lot more time thinking about Bell than I do. Bottom line is that Bell is out for $$$$. That's it. What will happen in the future is anybody's guess. Is he in shape to play? Probably not but he will be next year when some team pays him but he'll never get back the $14 million he left on the table this year. I don't know if he is getting bad advice or if he is just a moron. Either way he is responsible.

More than likely

both.

steelreeling

Reaction score
why is this scenario so hard to digest? After he made his $14.5M this year, he was going to FA to cash in then, too. He will always be $14.5M lighter, any way he looks at it.

And that's just it. Bell surely wasn't going to make any cash after signing $14.5M this year. Try to look at it from his side. He signs, Tomlin scorches him with another 400 touches and i don't know how many snaps -- and if you don't believe that, just ask Willie Parker about Tomlin. Then - if he doesn't get hurt - he's in free agency talking to some fat, old white guy who never played or coached but is a GM, talking about how you can only take so many NFL hits and touch the ball so many times before your knees go and that Bell's now a year older and that now he's a half-step slower and then low-balls him with $15M guaranteed. Whereas he sits, and none of that excuse **** comes into the negotiation.

Just listen to the only guy in this video that has real cred because he worked in a front office - Bucky Brooks (~ 1:35). In the real business world, the front office is not overly concerned about the fans or the product they put on the field and this how how they "do you": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lQIl26PGqE

Last edited: