• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Let's get it on record

hook

Forefather
Reaction score
Yep, I was wrong. The bigger question is, can we actually WIN a playoff game without it practically being handed to us like last year? Capt. Cool Shades is only 6-5 in playoffs and half of those wins came in a championship season with basically Cowher's team.

obxsteeler

Reaction score
If you read all 6 pages lot of bad thinking exposed. Good the Steelers didn't buy it!

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Damn I was really down on our guys. What a difference a huge winning streak makes. Pass that crow - I'm hungry!

ark steel

Reaction score
Yep, I was wrong. The bigger question is, can we actually WIN a playoff game without it practically being handed to us like last year? Capt. Cool Shades is only 6-5 in playoffs and half of those wins came in a championship season with basically Cowher's team.

always makes me laugh...

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
That's not the point. If I would have done something like that I'd have the decency to own it.

No, you are missing the point. You are complaining about your karma. Something noone else here cares one bit about.

You have the ability to find out yourself instead of wasting the board's time on pettiness. Donate and you can solve your own problem. Plus you'd be helping out the board. Win-win! I'm sure you have some christmas money laying around ;)

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
We can run the table from here on out. We're done playing our tough games. Hopefully Cleveland can jump start us on stacking 7 wins. If this happens, we will be ready for the playoffs. Cincy and Balt, both being a game up today, still don't have the division if we win out.

Not sure if we will win out, but I think we will win the division, and that puts us in the playoffs.

Well, someone believed...

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
After a good start things were looking pretty bleak back at the mid-season. The Eagle and the Dolphin games were the worst I had seen since the 80s. The Dallas game flat out pissed me off. They had that one and I figured they were done. Glad I was wrong in my assessment and after all this time I should know better. They are second half team that plays better when their backs are against the wall and the weather starts to get cold.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score

You mean like Cowher did with Chuck's players in his first Championship appearance. And remember a good part of Cowhers playoff wins came at XL when they won as a six seed.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

hook

Forefather
Reaction score
You mean like Cowher did with Chuck's players in his first Championship appearance. And remember a good part of Cowhers playoff wins came at XL when they won as a six seed.

Cowher inherited junk from Noll. Not much left from the championship years and everyone was old or just average talent. Hell, O'Donnell and Brister were the QB's.

BTW, no where in my original post did I mention Cowher.

I just feel Tomlin is overrated. 1 playoff win (and it was a gift because of the Bungles melt down) the last 5 years points that way.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Cower inherited junk from Noll?

TE Green
QB Neil O Donnell
RB Barry Foster
T Justin Strzelckyk
S Carnell Lake
CB DJ Johnson
LB Jerrol Williams
LB Jerry Olsavsky
DE Carlton Haselrig
C Dirt Dawson
CB Rod Woodson
Delton Hall
Thomas Everett
Hardy Nickerson
Greg Lloyd
Meryl Hoge
John Jackson
Ernie Mills

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Y-E-S we make the playoffs.

I'll answer how far we go in the playoffs once it's established that we make them.

Salute the nation

We will be the ones to knock out the CHEATRIOTS, if they make it that far..................

Salute the nation

Reactions: MTC

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Cowher inherited junk from Noll. Not much left from the championship years and everyone was old or just average talent. Hell, O'Donnell and Brister were the QB's.

I just feel Tomlin is overrated. 1 playoff win (and it was a gift because of the Bungles melt down) the last 5 years points that way.

Per Cope's list, I hardly categorize those players as "junk". But feel free to think so. Cowher was pretty successful with those players. Your recent post intimated Tomlin won a championship with Cowher's players. That's where you mentioned Cowher.

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
I ain't sayin' nuthin'....... my last desire is to jinx these kids. I'll take whatever is dished out from here and I'll not be puttin' a lot of grandiose expectations on it

It will be what it will be !

GO STILLERS

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Wow at Junk Smh... another man's junk is another man's treasure I guess

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Steeler Nation mobile app

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Wow at Junk Smh... another man's junk is another man's treasure I guess

giphy.gif

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Cower inherited junk from Noll?

TE Green
QB Neil O Donnell
RB Barry Foster
T Justin Strzelckyk
S Carnell Lake
CB DJ Johnson
LB Jerrol Williams
LB Jerry Olsavsky
DE Carlton Haselrig
C Dirt Dawson
CB Rod Woodson
Delton Hall
Thomas Everett
Hardy Nickerson
Greg Lloyd
Meryl Hoge
John Jackson
Ernie Mills
How many of them were starters in the Super Bowl? He turned the roster over pretty quickly.
I've gotten on Tomlin alot for this, but it looks like he's finally gotten this roster going in the right direction with alot of young talent

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
How many of them were starters in the Super Bowl? He turned the roster over pretty quickly.
I've gotten on Tomlin alot for this, but it looks like he's finally gotten this roster going in the right direction with alot of young talent

I don't mind the coaches coaching the players they have. To me, it's always been a false narrative to state the new coach only won with the previous coach's players. They have to coach the players they have, and some coaches will get more out of their players than others.

My only point made was Cowher didn't inherit 'junk'. He has 2 HOFers and Lloyd is borderline to be a possible third. That is a great amount of talent just in those 3 players.

blitzburghv5

Reaction score

Im sorry but since when has the NFL become collegiate football ? "Well coach ______ won with coach ______'s players ..." You want coaches in the league to be able to recruit instead of draft ? New rotations of players every few years to prove their mettle or "pedigree".

ark steel

Reaction score

you may want to reread your posts