• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Let's get it on record

TWEEK1106

Reaction score
Hopefully not.

They WILL NOT win the Superbowl, and if we're not in contention for the championship then all we're doing is hurting our draft spot and giving ammo for people to fight for keeping this lame duck coach if we squirm our way to a first round defeat.

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Will we make the playoffs, probably, because we have a weak schedule and the Ravens have a much tougher one. Will we win a playoff game, I doubt it. Teams are going to eat our defense alive.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Will the Steelers make the playoffs?

I highly doubt it. The only way would be to win the division, and the Ravens have a 2 game lead on us with the tie breaker. If we lose the 2nd Ravens game, nail meet coffin, and for the team's sake, I hope some coaches and players are figurately buried with the epic collapse.

http://www.nfl.com/standings

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
No, Ravens have a strong schedule, but with the way we play on the road, and 4 of our next 5 on the road, it's tough for me to see us going 2 and 2 in those games.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
The best route to the playoffs is to win the division. This year that is probably more easily accomplished than in the recent past.
But just making the playoffs is not good enough.
SB or bust.

4 losses in a row makes this look like a bust year.

I'd rather be 8-8 with higher picks and a better attitude towards 2017, than 10-6, one and done in POs and think it was good year because the stains are in our division....

Troglodyte

Reaction score
I'm not overly optimistic, but they're in a weak division so who knows?

I'd rather they get eliminated from playoff contention over the next month than thinking of all the lost opportunities because they miss the playoffs by ONE game... again.

xjx

Reaction score
No. We will lose 4 out of the next 5. No playoffs for Tomlins team..

mdk2

Reaction score
I can't imagine winning on the road vs. Colts and Bills. We'll most likely drop the Bengals and possibly Ravens game since they own us. So my guess is, no.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Maybe but i hope not... we need some premium picks to fix stuff... we are dying for an impact OLB and id take a much better FS too....

Moreover something need to shake the apathy off of some of these guys... the oline has blown all season... Decastro has been a joke... Bell hasnt been the fantastic RB he can be... Brown has been triple teamed and controlled... the rest of the wrs have been blah... Ben hasnt been amazing consistantly... the Dline has been brutalized... we need a reckoning

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Yes, the division sucks as much as the Steelers do right now and they will do enough to take the division...

TazManianDevil

Forefather
Reaction score
I think we'll need help at the last week just to win the division. but ya I'm still thinking playoffs.

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
4 out of the next 5 games on the road?

My vote is no

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes. I never root against the Steelers. They will win the remaining 4 in the division and give themselves a chance to win the division. That is their only path right now.

fogdoctor

Reaction score
Nope. I had us at 7 wins before the season and I still have us at 7 wins now.

Our coaching and D are just not up to more than 8 wins.

Love to get into the playoffs but I think we will be 3 games short, with the coaching costing us 2 already.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
How are we to be optimistic? The evidence is there. We are bad. We could win the division, then what? On the road to play in Oakland, or in New England. I'm going to root for them sure.. but the emails are there and they spell it all out,, (I'm like a smart democrat, I wont be crying after election day, I can see how this is going)

Omar10213245

πŸ‘€πŸ‘‚πŸŽƒπŸˆπŸ‡πŸ₯‘πŸ†πŸ‹πŸͺ‚πŸŒžπŸŒ›πŸŒœβ˜‚β˜”β„πŸŒŠπŸ₯΄πŸ€¬πŸ₯Ί
Contributor
Reaction score
Will the Steelers make the playoffs?

no. they wont. the bengals will likely get their **** together before Pittsburgh does. and I seriously doubt either wildcard slot is going to an AFC north team.

Omar10213245

πŸ‘€πŸ‘‚πŸŽƒπŸˆπŸ‡πŸ₯‘πŸ†πŸ‹πŸͺ‚πŸŒžπŸŒ›πŸŒœβ˜‚β˜”β„πŸŒŠπŸ₯΄πŸ€¬πŸ₯Ί
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes. I never root against the Steelers. They will win the remaining 4 in the division and give themselves a chance to win the division. That is their only path right now.

the OP isn't asking whether or not you're rooting against them, the question is whether they make the playoffs or not. I root for them with all my heart, but I doubt they make it, at least not now.