• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Joey Porter Arrested

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Good for Jerry Porter. I thought his goose was cooked. My only thing in it is I don't like off duty cops working at these places. If you are a cop you should be a cop. Not working some ****** dive bar and pulling out your badge and power when it suits you. Pulling out that badge when other staff members get a big jag on and jump in their cars after work?

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
#TakeitPeezy
#Forgiveness
#KCsucks
#MTC

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Good for Jerry Porter. I thought his goose was cooked. My only thing in it is I don't like off duty cops working at these places. If you are a cop you should be a cop. Not working some ****** dive bar and pulling out your badge and power when it suits you. Pulling out that badge when other staff members get a big jag on and jump in their cars after work?

JOEY Porter. That's our guy. Goes by the nicknames "Peezy" "J. Peezy" and if you're from Cincy, "That @!#$ing Porter" ... I think JERRY was at one time a WR for the Raiders.

Steelerfreak

Reaction score
I still maintain the cop and the doorman were covering for each other. The cop's report read like a crime drama and anyone that has spent time in a criminal court knows that 80% of (some) police reports are embellished and imaginary.
knows that 80% of (some)

Everyone knows that 84% of statistics are made up.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score

The "off duty cop" was in full uniform. He was just being paid by the establishment to work that night, not by the city.

awboatguy

Reaction score
Joey will be back on the sidelines this Sunday. Reinstated as on this morning.

I appears the Police blew the whole thing out of proportion and the Rooneys have seen all they need

Porter reinstated by Steelers, will coach vs. Chiefs

Pittsburgh Steelers outside linebackers coach Joey Porter will be on the sidelines for Sunday's divisional-round game against the Kansas City Chiefs, the team announced Friday.

Porter had been placed on leave following his arrest outside a Pittsburgh bar last Sunday night, but the initial assault charges were reduced to a pair of misdemeanors Thursday.

More to come.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
The "off duty cop" was in full uniform. He was just being paid by the establishment to work that night, not by the city.
So if he wrongfully busts someone's head that night who pays the bill for the lawsuit. The bar or the city. Pay your cops and teachers properly and they won't have to moonlight.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
So if he wrongfully busts someone's head that night who pays the bill for the lawsuit. The bar or the city. Pay your cops and teachers properly and they won't have to moonlight.

I think cops get paid just fine. Some like getting paid more working overtime at other events (which is also extra pay at a higher pay rate than they normally get). I know plenty of Philly cops that work the Eagles games on the Eagles' dime. They live comfortable lives and enjoy extra pay.

Not sure what you mean about lawsuits or head busting, but the police are still enforcing the laws of the city of Pittsburgh regardless of who is paying them.

IndySteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Here are the statements by Art II and Joey:

Statements on Joey Porter's reinstatement
Posted 31 minutes ago
Statements by Steelers President Art Rooney, II and Joey Porter.
Statement by Steelers President Art Rooney, II on Joey Porter Reinstatement

At this time, we have decided that Joey Porter will return to our coaching staff for the game in Kansas City this weekend.

We have reviewed the available information regarding the incident that took place on Sunday night. We have also reviewed the communication from the Allegheny County District Attorney’s office indicating the intention of that office to withdraw all but the summary offense charges.

As an organization, we have great respect for the job the City of Pittsburgh Police perform for our community.

We also respect the fact that there are ongoing legal proceedings stemming from the incident. We will await the outcome of the legal process and communicate further with the NFL regarding the Personal Conduct Policy before making any further decisions on potential discipline.

Statement from Steelers Assistant Coach Joey Porter

I am grateful to be allowed to return to our coaching staff this weekend. I regret that I was involved in an incident that could have been a distraction to our team. Most importantly, I regret that I touched the police officer and I sincerely apologize for that action. Thankfully, no one was injured.

"Thankfully, no one was injured" is code for You're lucky I didn't beat your ***.

awboatguy

Reaction score
knows that 80% of (some)

Everyone knows that 84% of statistics are made up.

50% of all posts are 95% opinions and 23% facts, 3.365% trolling none sense.

The other half are excellent fan based viewpoints, while the last 61% are enthusiastic passionate off the cuff responses and replies.

Is that 100% of the time though? I guess you decide.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Joey will be back on the sidelines this Sunday. Reinstated as on this morning.

I appears the Police blew the whole thing out of proportion and the Rooneys have seen all they need

Porter reinstated by Steelers, will coach vs. Chiefs

Pittsburgh Steelers outside linebackers coach Joey Porter will be on the sidelines for Sunday's divisional-round game against the Kansas City Chiefs, the team announced Friday.

Porter had been placed on leave following his arrest outside a Pittsburgh bar last Sunday night, but the initial assault charges were reduced to a pair of misdemeanors Thursday.

More to come.

In other words, by the time J Peezy's attorney got through with the DA's office and explained the evidence against the club, bouncer, and the cop's previous record of lying, threatening other people to lie, and his own assaults on people, and how he'd smoke them like a cheap cigar in court, they dropped most everything.

warriors42

Forefather
Reaction score
I think cops get paid just fine. Some like getting paid more working overtime at other events (which is also extra pay at a higher pay rate than they normally get). I know plenty of Philly cops that work the Eagles games on the Eagles' dime. They live comfortable lives and enjoy extra pay.

Not sure what you mean about lawsuits or head busting, but the police are still enforcing the laws of the city of Pittsburgh regardless of who is paying them.

So you think 10 to 12 bucks an hour is just fine for a police officer? I don't, this is exactly why most of the new cops now are not old enough to even buy a beer.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
GLAD he is back. I thought it would be for the cheater's game but am VERY pleased he is back now.

PS Also glad he didn't get shot in the butt,..............again !!!!!

Salute the nation

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
The seems really low, so I checked a few websites. They all report about the same. According to this one PGH cops make $58K on average.

http://city-salaries.careertrends.com/l/112508/Police-And-Patrol-Officers-in-Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania
That's my point. A cop in Canada makes closet to 100k and usually requires a degree. Someone making 58 k likely has a second job. I don't think this is the type of job you want someone moonlighting. I don't think there is any way an off duty officer working for a bar should be in uniform. That is total Bullshit. No wonder Joey's lawyer ripped through this in record time.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
For 58k, I can live well in the Pittsburgh market. I think you are confused with officers having to work extra shifts and wanting to work extra shifts. Extra shifts are generally easier and safer jobs, compared to the main job. Sitting in a car at construction sites is a job my friends fight for. All they do is surf the internet at those gigs.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Steeler Nation mobile app