• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Joey Porter Arrested

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score

Chicoman

Reaction score
Oh Peezy! Must be auditioning for a coaching job with the Bungles?

Reactions: MTC

Steel G

Reaction score
Porter never was all there.

Stoney

Reaction score
Not happy about it, but willing to wait until all the details are out before judging anyone. It could be anything, even something unimportant and inconsequential.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Peezy arrested ..was in a bar on the southside

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...ets-altercation-police-steelers-game-updates/

I saw that he has some terroristic type charge dropped?

Peezy what the **** yinz celebrating? They haven't won ****, yet.

Not a good time for this ****, not a good time.

12:53 AM: Police say they have removed the terroristic threat charges.

Jacob Klinger ✔ @Jacob_Klinger_
Terroristic threats charges against Joey Porter have been removed, Pittsburgh police spokesperson Sonya Toler says.
12:50 AM - 9 Jan 2017

RollRed

Reaction score
Sounds like nothing more than a bar fight.... I'm sure the media will make a giant stink over it though. It's what they live for.

Penguins&Steelers

Reaction score
C'mon Porter! You're better than that smh.
Who ride?! He ride!(In the back of a cop car)
But he's not hahaha. He has a decent record in his time in the NFL. Nothing serious though just like last night.

C'mon Peezy, we don't need this **** this week.

Sent from my Pixel using Steeler Nation mobile app

bigtwnvin

Reaction score
Sounds like nothing more than a bar fight.... I'm sure the media will make a giant stink over it though. It's what they live for.

According to a report from a local rag whose name is forbidden on this forum Peezey was asked to leave the bar and the club's security were "summoned"'.
This "doorman" IMHO likely called the cops seeing who it was choosing not to tangle with Porter.
Joey Porter is from a rough neighborhood in Bakersfield CA and he has had his share of encounters with "five-oh". After having one too many Cognacs and shooters at the sight of a PPD he likely went off the rails and these days lawmen really don't listen to drunks side of the story anymore sports celebrity or not; they just lock their sorry arses up.
The cops probably did Joey a favor, he might have gotten into bigger trouble. My only question is it's painfully obvious this is behavior Peezy has engaged in (celebrating), was he there all by himself? Not that he needs a baby sitter he's a grown man but guys like Porter should "chill" with his friends so things like this do not happen. Unless he's a jagoff and nobody wants to hang out with him or "The Flats" is his choice of pick up spots?
I hope 'ol Peezy gets off with court ordered AA, pay the fines, makes an apology and a nice donation to a Police Benevolent foundation. Tangling with the cops will bring down the wrath of a judge and any half *** DA looking to make a splash in the media using a local sports guy as a prop.
Joey Porter will also have some explaining to do to Art the Deuce and Mr. Dan Rooney also.
Good luck Peezy and uh time to man up and start acting your age.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
And it was 830 pm on a Sunday. And it was a Wild Card game not the big prize or an AFC title. If he is essential to the operation use delaying tactics and drop him next season. If he isn't smell you later now. I like Peezy but he seems like one of those guys struggling to make the transition from player to civilian. And I'm not talking about this. When you see him in warm ups etc he still acts like he is on the team not a coach.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Joey Porter is from a rough neighborhood in Bakersfield CA and he has had his share of encounters with "five-oh". After having one too many Cognacs and shooters at the sight of a PPD he likely went off the rails and these days lawmen really don't listen to drunks side of the story anymore sports celebrity or not; they just lock their sorry arses up.

Local TV interviewed a South Side bouncer at another bar who witnessed this and said "The way the cops were treating him wasn't right."

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
If I were the management I'd make him apologize, donate, do public service, etc and give him One more chance. He'd definitely be in a short leash but you got to give him the opportunity to be a better person and a real professional coach

Reactions: MTC

Lunar

220, 221 What ever it takes.
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not that impressed with his coaching ability either. I mean he is about average. I know talent has a lot to do with it but he hasn't shown any thing spectaculars as far as our OLBs go. Maybe he is making gold out of straw with the players he has but I don't see it. I like Joey a lot but also realize that players may not make the best coaches either.

Salute the nation