• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Joey Porter Arrested

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
One good thing, Peezy didn't hit anyone. Tough to get an assault charge to stick if no one is hit, or even injured during the instance.

SteveA

Reaction score
Sorry Porter is out for the playoffs.....

We couldn't of pulled off the Cincy playoff win last year without him.........

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I have read that Kevin Greene has requested to replace Peezy as LB coach...

I'm all for this ASAP. Gonna miss Peezy on the sidelines. Hopefully the Steelers welcome him back next season

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
One good thing, Peezy didn't hit anyone. Tough to get an assault charge to stick if no one is hit, or even injured during the instance.

Except for when it comes to just "touching" a cop ... don't ask how I know and don't judge me. lol

bigtwnvin

Reaction score
Depends on the statute. Here in the People's Republic of Maryland "putting your hands on someone" and depending on the circumstances "by definition" a prosecutor could persue Assault in the second degree. Carries a maximum penalty of up to 10 years.
Ain't the law fun?

SteelerAl

Reaction score
I would think not.. I wonder if he will be there in KC this weekend. Tomlin didn't rule it out in his presser.

I'd be pretty shocked if Porter is back with the team this weekend, and really even this season. I think Tomlin left the door cracked just in case something crazy happened, like a video appears that totally exonerates Porter.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I have read that Kevin Greene has requested to replace Peezy as LB coach...

News travels strange

no it was Peezy has requested to replace Kevin Greene...without a job

:painkiller:

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Kevin Greene: If my Steelers need me, I'm there.

Kevin won his super bowl ring as the Green Bay Packers linebackers coach vs Us If you watched Keven Greene a football life, he seems to work well with the guys.

With Porter off and on the field history, and a switch can be made if needed. Bud Dupree's relationship with Porter could really help or hurt him here.

What should the Steelers do? Goodell and the NFL can fine coaches and the organization.

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Kevin won his super bowl ring as the Green Bay Packers linebackers coach vs Us If you watched Keven Greene a football life, he seems to work well with the guys.

With Porter off and on the field history, and a switch can be made if needed. Bud Dupree's relationship with Porter could really help or hurt him here.

What should the Steelers do? Goodell and the NFL can fine coaches and the organization.

this was news two days ago

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
After the game Sunday, send Peezy to Foxboro to "scout", then have him spend the entire AFCCG on sidelines just smiling and pointing at the Surface tablet.

awboatguy

Reaction score
DA reduces Porter's charges to disorderly conduct, public drunkenness
Dan WilkinsJan 12 2017, 14:39
Further review of an incident following last week's wild-card win over the Miami Dolphins has led to some reduced charges for Pittsburgh Steelers outside linebackers coach Joey Porter.

The Allegheny County District Attorney's Office said in a statement Thursday that the only charges supported by video are disorderly conduct and public drunkenness, a pair of misdemeanors.

"Today our office was able to view surveillance video showing multiple angles of the events that led to the arrest of Steelers coach Joey Porter. Following that review it is the position of the office that the only charges supported by the video are summary disorderly conduct and summary public drunkenness. Our office will proceed on those charges and barring any additional evidence that is brought forward, we will withdraw the other charges at the appropriate time."

Porter was alleged to have assaulted both a doorman outside a Pittsburgh bar and a police officer who intervened.

Initial charges at the time of his arrest included aggravated assault on the officer, simple assault on the door man, resisting arrest, disorderly conduct, and public drunkenness.

The Steelers placed Porter on leave shortly after news of his arrest surfaced Monday. It's unclear whether the reduced charges will impact his status for Sunday's divisional-round game against the Kansas City Chiefs, or for the rest of the playoffs thereafter.

Still not excusable, but better judgment IMO. Maybe the Steelers bring him back by Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

mdk2

Reaction score
DA reduces Porter's charges to disorderly conduct, public drunkenness
Dan WilkinsJan 12 2017, 14:39
Further review of an incident following last week's wild-card win over the Miami Dolphins has led to some reduced charges for Pittsburgh Steelers outside linebackers coach Joey Porter.

The Allegheny County District Attorney's Office said in a statement Thursday that the only charges supported by video are disorderly conduct and public drunkenness, a pair of misdemeanors.

"Today our office was able to view surveillance video showing multiple angles of the events that led to the arrest of Steelers coach Joey Porter. Following that review it is the position of the office that the only charges supported by the video are summary disorderly conduct and summary public drunkenness. Our office will proceed on those charges and barring any additional evidence that is brought forward, we will withdraw the other charges at the appropriate time."

Porter was alleged to have assaulted both a doorman outside a Pittsburgh bar and a police officer who intervened.

Initial charges at the time of his arrest included aggravated assault on the officer, simple assault on the door man, resisting arrest, disorderly conduct, and public drunkenness.

The Steelers placed Porter on leave shortly after news of his arrest surfaced Monday. It's unclear whether the reduced charges will impact his status for Sunday's divisional-round game against the Kansas City Chiefs, or for the rest of the playoffs thereafter.

Still not excusable, but better judgment IMO. Maybe the Steelers bring him back by Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Good stuff..

I still think he'll sit this Sunday out.

bigtwnvin

Reaction score
I still maintain the cop and the doorman were covering for each other. The cop's report read like a crime drama and anyone that has spent time in a criminal court knows that 80% of (some) police reports are embellished and imaginary.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
So the video showed a different story than what the cop reported.....I'd welcome Joey back if I was the Rooney's.

Bigappleyinzer

Reaction score
I still maintain the cop and the doorman were covering for each other. The cop's report read like a crime drama and anyone that has spent time in a criminal court knows that 80% of (some) police reports are embellished and imaginary.

Correction: The report read like a romance novel.

"I observed a large muscular black male"

"...with an extremely muscular build"

"Porter's grasp was so strong, and he was holding my wrists so tightly..."

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I'm fine with Porter coming back or sitting out this week. I like the guy and wish him the best moving on from this.

Booted

Less-known member
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Correction: The report read like a romance novel.

"I observed a large muscular black male"

"...with an extremely muscular build"

"Porter's grasp was so strong, and he was holding my wrists so tightly..."
50 Shades of Porter.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
No surprise. Lower charges. JP will be back. Now the true question is, should he be back.

Is he the best choice and doing an excellent job? Is there room for an upgrade? Is he a risk for further antisocial behavior?

I personally say, welcome him back. And he should be back, if not this weekend, then next weekend. His OLBs killed it last game, so since he didn't hurt anyone, I expect him to be back on the sidelines sooner than later.