• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Do we have a slot corner?

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Hardly. Jones does next to nothing in practice and games Bermuda. At least Chickillo shines in practices. Chickillo's rookie year showed him transitioning from DL to OLB. Now he's lost some weight and is poised to make a move.

Jones doesn't make any moves. He's hurt and a non-factor

So, logic says one guy doesn't impact games and is static, the other has a chance to do something. Where do you think the upside is? Reason it out. You'll eventually get it!

So on your record for saying Jones has not made a impactful play for the Steelers since he was drafted??

How many has chick made? Do you have any explanation why he hasn't made not one play in six preseason games against 3rd and 4th stringers. Anything??

Last edited:

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
So on your record for saying Jones has not made a impactful play for the Steelers since he was drafted??

How many has chick made? Do you have any explanation why he hasn't made not one play in six preseason games against 3rd and 4th stringers. Anything??

I'm on record that Jones was a bad 1st round pick. I'm on record that 64+ other LB had more tackles, and sacks last season in comparison to Jones.

I'm on record that Chick is making plays vs our team in camp, and Jones is not.

Any issues here?

Chickillo's rookie year was a washout as I explained. He transitioned from DL to OLB and played special teams, something Jarvis can't do.

Chick impressed in the 2016 camp, and as soon as he does something, fans will forget the Lions game. Most of the defense was terrible in that game. Our best player was a 38-year-old man that night.

The fun part is watching you trying to defend a dog with fleas, vs. a young player who has some promise. Jones, if he can stay healthy will get his chances again in 2016.

By chance did you also defend Scott Sheilds, and Ziggy Hood?

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
I'm on record that Jones was a bad 1st round pick. I'm on record that 64+ other LB had more tackles, and sacks last season in comparison to Jones.

Any issues here?

Chickillo's rookie year was a washout as I explained. He transitioned from DL to OLB and played special teams, something Jarvis can't do.

Chick impressed in the 2016 camp, and as soon as he does something, fans will forget the Lions game. Most of the defense was terrible in that game. Our best player was a 38-year-old man that night.

The fun part is watching you trying to defend a dog with fleas, vs. a young player who has some promise. Jones, if he can stay healthy will get his chances again in 2016.

Sad. I'm not defending Jones I'm asking you to be objective. Stop making excuses and talking in circles. Jones has not lived up to his 1st round status I've said that on board. But he has made plays of some significance for the Steelers. Chickillo hasn't made one play in games vs 3rd and 4th stringers yet because you like him you won't criticize him like you do with people you don't like. And Jarvis Jones did play special teams for the Steelers so can stop saying that like gospel.

You want us to listen to you like you are some expert but you can't be objective. That's makes most of your statements bull ****. Which is why no one takes you seriously. Which is people still give you **** about **** from almost 13 years ago.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
sooo, back to slot CB. Couldn't watch the game, did Grant get playing time at the slot?
I understand Davis getting time there and being groomed but Grant should be more polished as a CB. Both are good tacklers, that's a good thing at least

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
sooo, back to slot CB. Couldn't watch the game, did Grant get playing time at the slot?
I understand Davis getting time there and being groomed but Grant should be more polished as a CB. Both are good tacklers, that's a good thing at least

Now you've gone and sidetracked us from being sidetracked.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

Grant seems like he is a good tackler, I would love to see him get a chance in the slot. I think I read in one Depot article as that is one of the positions he is getting work at...

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
If it wasn't for a big play by Jones, we never beat the Bengals in the playoffs.

Just sayin...

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Grant seems like he is a good tackler, I would love to see him get a chance in the slot. I think I read in one Depot article as that is one of the positions he is getting work at...

Grant continues to step up and becomes a option on the outside so we can move Gay if we have too

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
If it wasn't for a big play by Jones, we never beat the Bengals in the playoffs.

Just sayin...

Stop it Cope Jones has never made a play of any significance as a Steeler

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

Any issues here?

Sad. I'm not defending Jones I'm asking you to be objective. Stop making excuses and talking in circles. Jones has not lived up to his 1st round status I've said that on board. But he has made plays of some significance for the Steelers. Chickillo hasn't made one play in games vs 3rd and 4th stringers yet because you like him you won't criticize him like you do with people you don't like. And Jarvis Jones did play special teams for the Steelers so can stop saying that like gospel.

You want us to listen to you like you are some expert but you can't be objective. That's makes most of your statements bull ****. Which is why no one takes you seriously. Which is people still give you **** about **** from almost 13 years ago.

Jones made some plays but relative to his snap count, he's awful. Way blow par on sacks and QB pressures, and way below on tackles. Its not even debatable!

You continue to embrace / defend his play. Jones plays special teams? When, and did he ever make a tackle? LOL He's too slow to play kick coverage.

Chickillo has made plays vs. our first stringers in camp. Pretty much every report you read will say he's had a good camp, which is something Jones never had.

Last year doesn't count for a rookie making a positon switch that didn't get many chances. Same thing with Grant. Your argument here is very shallow.

If Chickillo gets the same amount of opportunities in games, I think he's does as well or better.

You're an entire argument this season is based on one pre-season game where 85% of the defense looked like crap.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

Davis a good tackler? Not based on college or the 1st pre-season game. He's a good hitter.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score

Any issues here?

Jones made some plays but relative to his snap count, he's awful. Way blow par on sacks and QB pressures, and way below on tackles. Its not even debatable!

You continue to embrace / defend his play. Jones plays special teams? When, and did he ever make a tackle? LOL He's too slow to play kick coverage.

Chickillo has made plays vs. our first stringers in camp. Pretty much every report you read will say he's had a good camp, which is something Jones never had.

Last year doesn't count for a rookie making a positon switch that didn't get many chances. Same thing with Grant. Your argument here is very shallow.

If Chickillo gets the same amount of opportunities in games, I think he's does as well or better.

You're an entire argument this season is based on one pre-season game where 85% of the defense looked like crap.

Sorry coach my argument is based on the six pre season games that chickillo has played and that he has done NOTHING. Try again..when he does something any thing it will be the first time he has done something in a GAME

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Sorry coach my argument is based on the six pre season games that chickillo has played and that he has done NOTHING. Try again..when he does something any thing it will be the first time he has done something in a GAME

Factually incorrect. Chikillo forced a fumble and recovered a fumble in NFL games last season. He also had 6 tackles in just a few games played. NOTHING you say? Just a hunch, you won't be saying it like you have been.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Factually incorrect. Chikillo forced a fumble and recovered a fumble in NFL games last season. He also had 6 tackles in just a few games played. NOTHING you say? Just a hunch, you won't be saying it like you have been.

I honestly do not remember this forced fumble but congrats to him. Do you remember who were playing against?

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
And again I hope he does turn it on in games and becomes a valuable piece to the puzzle. Cause the last thing I want the Steelers to do is spend another high pick at OLB

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

I honestly do not remember this forced fumble but congrats to him. Do you remember who were playing against?

It was the Cleveland game. The day Jonny rehab threw for 372 yards vs our defense. Chickillo had a chance to play a bit. He had three tackles and a forced fumble. Not bad for part-time work.

http://www.nfl.com/player/anthonychickillo/2552266/gamelogs?season=2015

In addition, this link credits him for more tackles than I first mentioned. Now is the time to withdraw your he has done nothing comment.

-Coach

Last edited:

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/2015/11/steelers-film-room-anthony-chickillo-vs-browns/

Here is the review of Chickillo performance in that game..says here his only tackle came on special teams. It wasn't exactly a glowing report

ark steel

Reaction score
http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/2015/11/steelers-film-room-anthony-chickillo-vs-browns/

Here is the review of Chickillo performance in that game..says here his only tackle came on special teams. It wasn't exactly a glowing report

Game book says, in that game, Jarvis had 45 Defensive Snaps and 4 ST. Chick had 22 and 10.

chick had 1 ST tackle. Jones had 2 tackles, 0.5 sack and a fumble recovery and 2 Quarterback hits. Presumably, going against the same LT.

Manziel fumble came from losing the ball in his hand while going back to pass. Untouched.

Will Allen is the only steeler credited with a forced fumble. The one Jones recovered.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Hardly. Jones does next to nothing in practice and games Bermuda. At least Chickillo shines in practices. Chickillo's rookie year showed him transitioning from DL to OLB. Now he's lost some weight and is poised to make a move.

Jones doesn't make any moves. He's hurt and a non-factor

So, logic says one guy doesn't impact games and is static, the other has a chance to do something. Where do you think the upside is? Reason it out. You'll eventually get it!

Has Chick registered a sack in the NFL??? How about an interception? Fumble recovery??

While Uncle Jarvis is less than superior - he is better, right now, than Chick - according to stats...

That's simple logic.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Hello Coach care to rebuttal???

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Has Chick registered a sack in the NFL??? How about an interception? Fumble recovery??

While Uncle Jarvis is less than superior - he is better, right now, than Chick - according to stats...

That's simple logic.

Bermuda,

You haven't been paying attention! We have already been over the fact that Chick forced a fumble and recovered one.

As for interceptions in NFL games, that would be a no, unless you consider that Chick is one of the very few to get one in camp.

In camp Jones has done nada. He's losing battles and has no int's.

As for sacks, that would require some rush attempts in a game. Why don't you come back with that data first, then we can judge how many opportunities he has had? Deal?

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Hello Coach care to rebuttal???

I did. Now, are you prepared to withdraw you did nothing comment yet? You only mentioned it a few times, and you were wrong each time. Man up.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
So you didn't see Ark and my posts. He did do NOTHING

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Bermuda,

You haven't been paying attention! We have already been over the fact that Chick forced a fumble and recovered one.

As for interceptions in NFL games, that would be a no, unless you consider that Chick is one of the very few to get one in camp.

In camp Jones has done nada. He's losing battles and has no int's.

As for sacks, that would require some rush attempts in a game. Why don't you come back with that data first, then we can judge how many opportunities he has had? Deal?

I'd rather watch paint dry.