• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Do we have a slot corner?

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
It's not Davis.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
brilliant deduction and well thought out reasoning

Steeler

Contributor
Reaction score
Yes we do, his name is Bill Gay. Unfortunately he can't play 2 positions at the same time.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes we do, his name is Bill Gay. Unfortunately he can't play 2 positions at the same time.

If you have Gay in the slot and **** on the outside, it is fair reasoning it might Burns on the outside too.

:cocksure:

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
If you have Gay in the slot and **** on the outside, it is fair reasoning it might Burns on the outside too.

:cocksure:

LOL, it never gets old. Especially after the site goes down for a couple of days

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
all I can say is please please please let gay and cockrell get through the season uninjured.

P

POP

It's not Davis.

Davis picked right up where he was in college: poor coverage and missed tackles. Looks exactly like the guy I watched on tape in college. Way too early to already say he is a bust, but I certainly don't like how he plays right now.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score

Yep. Unfortunately, they don't have an outside corner to replace him. I know some didn't think losing Golson was a big deal. Even if he wasn't proven, it was another player with some skill who could provide depth.

ark steel

Reaction score
Thank goodness we are able to move away from Davis after 1 preseason game!

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm confused. I thought we were talking about a slut corner. It's late and I'm soooo horny...

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Davis picked right up where he was in college: poor coverage and missed tackles. Looks exactly like the guy I watched on tape in college. Way too early to already say he is a bust, but I certainly don't like how he plays right now.

Same here. Work out wonder who blows too many tackles and doesn't cover like a corner.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Thank goodness we are able to move away from Davis after 1 preseason game!
cut him now! he'll never, ever, amount to anything.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
Gotta love all the back seat drivers ready to steer the car to bustville after an hour of the road trip.

Holy crap, the sky is falling! We're doomed!

Crimsonsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Well on the bright side, at least Doran Grant had a good first game. Kid can tackle too! Not banking on him yet, but looking good so far.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Well on the bright side, at least Doran Grant had a good first game. Kid can tackle too! Not banking on him yet, but looking good so far.

I liked Grant doing out of OSU. He ran well and tackled well in college. He looks improved since his rookie year. We might have something.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
I'd rather hear about your thoughts on Chickillo's performance Coach

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
I mean Davis has played one preseason game.. Chickillo has played what now 6 and I got nothing. Let's talk about that

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/2016/08/chickillos-preseason-gets-off-quiet-start/

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
Hell I had a hard time making any judgements about anybody from that game. I would have to have better camera angles of individual matchups because the game itself was not much to watch. Anyone making any kind of definitive call based on what we could see is just deluding themselves and their ability to make judgements from poor angles of the first preseason game.
The only definitive conclusion I could make is we ain't going anywhere without Big Ben healthy.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
I mean Davis has played one preseason game.. Chickillo has played what now 6 and I got nothing. Let's talk about that

Chickillo has looked good in camp. He only needs to translate that to games. I told you Davis would not shine in the slot.

Someone needs to replace Jarvis do nothing Jones.