• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Crapsheet reports Haskins met with Steelers

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Just a reminder...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I’ve never seen so many folks up in arms over a player signed to a reserve/futures deal. Epitome of low/no risk contract. <a href="https://t.co/wPjhdZqpTa">https://t.co/wPjhdZqpTa</a></p>— Trai Essex (@TraiDay79) <a href="https://twitter.com/TraiDay79/status/1352379917477011457?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 21, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Isn't stuff like this what the long, boring off-season is for?

Maybe he is good at QB sneaks?
Yes he will sneak onto the off-season roster and sneak off the final 53. All jokes aside let's see if the kid learned a lesson.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

Reaction score
Matt Miller - B/R - 14th overall
Pro Football Focus - 10th overall
Daniel Jeremiah NFL.com - 22nd overall
Chris Trapasso CBS.com - 53rd overall
Sporting News - 14th overall
Sports Illustrated - 10th overall
Jeff Legwold ESPN.com - 13th overall
DraftTek - 8th overall
Luke Easterling DraftWire - 5th overall
Walter Football - Top 20 prospect
Joe Marino The Drank Network - 48th overall
Pro Football Network - 28th overall

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Reaction score
There really is no debate here, right now Haskins sucks, he is young and immature, he does not appear to have a high football IQ, he had not shown that he is capable of hard work, he has relatively limited college and pro experience . I can’t say that I could describe all the qualities required to be a successful nfl qb but from what we know so far this kid would have to execute one of the greatest turnarounds ever . I wish him luck . Probably not much the Steelers are risking unless he has a poisonous character. Go Steelers!

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Yes really. They actually workout players all year during offseason, in season to keep their records updated. it just not reported like it used to. About a decade ago, one site, which has reformatted to fantasy/gambling coverage, use to list every player visit as reported from the league to all clubs. KFFL did it as well, may still do, but I believe it has a paywall because of its FF tools.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

I am not saying they don't look at some players. I'm saying they don't look at every player.

Jsc825

Reaction score
Just like the saying....One teams trash is, well the same trash, just cheaper
But not to worry, Tomlin's staff has proven they can coach and mold young QB talent, oh wait....

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Dwayne ******* Haskins. My prayers have been answered!

diver

Reaction score
This is q cap strapped team. The moves they are going to be able to make are limited. Because f that, you have to take chances. For crying out loud, I am under no illusions that he is going to be the next great thing. But in their situation it is worth the risk. Dammit, you cannot address every need in the draft. I would prefer them to get the OL squared away in the draft and if possible FA. I'd rather not see them, unless a real talent falls, go QB. Too many other needs.

Maybe they get lucky. We all play the lottery. This is no different. You all who are against it are likely right. All I'm saying is why not, at this point, take the chance?

Steelmann

Reaction score
I stopped looking at Walter football. That's all I need. Later I am going to look up Haskins eval on that site and pass it off as my own. Yep yep living in the lap of luxury here.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

Man. Steelerfan simply takes his time to put up actual facts for all the people saying he wasn’t even a first rounder on most draft cards.
Sites that do it for a living. Actual sites actual facts. And he gets **** upon. Seriously.

Last edited:

diver

Reaction score
You quoted my post that was in response to the person that did bring it up, why? How the **** am I defending him? I'll defend anyone that was accused of rape, when it never happened, when the person doesn't even show up to file the damn police report, when the accuser was outed by her sorority sisters. Jerome Bettis was accused of sexual assault to, yet there's no evidence, no police report, nothing.
****, I guess Jerome can **** on my floor too. Try sticking to football, you sound pretty ignorant when you don't

I have made statements on here since late in the season that I feel the Steelers problems are due to a number of things. I think the coaching sucks. I also think the play has been substandard, including the QB. I have also stated that I think the offense looks the way it has not only due to lousy coaching, but also due the the QB. To me, that is a rational, mature and realistic way to look at the situation. You have responded to that with smartass comments eluding to the idea that I am blaming it all on Ben, when not once did I say that. It is certainly your right to respond any way you want, but it is my right to assume that Ben is "your boy," judging by your reactions.

As it pertains to the rape allegation, I was looking at it generally. I think Ben is innocent, always have. All I am saying is that if rape is the allegation, should success in the league really dictate how it is treated? If you want to assume innocence, I fully agree with that, but it should be the assumption for the 2 time SB winner and the 3rd string OLB.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
would be worse than the Mike Vick signing IMO..
Wrong. Only Vick haters would say that.

His displayed immaturity and lack of reasoning skills would prevent me from hiring him..
Maybe he should go on TV and shout, "Grab 'em in the *****"...better???

He wasn't that good coming out of OSU. He had big numbers but had so much talent around him, he has somewhat of a big arm and that's about it.
I could hold back any longer...

Our offense has just as much as OSU during his tenure - minus JK Dobbins...

See below:

mdk2

Reaction score

See below:

He sucks. You can play highlights after highlights.. he sucks.

Check out Rudolph's college highligts.. he's a HOF QB if you go off of highlights.

diver

Reaction score

Check out Rudolph's college highligts.. he's a HOF QB if you go off of highlights.

Maybe you are right. But what does it hurt t take a look? It's one year, futures. Nobody is looking at him to be a savior. I think it is worth a shot. How would you address the QB situation, knowing how they are up against the cap, with the other needs they have? I think you have to take some chances.

Look at it this way...if it doesn't work, are they any worse off then before? The only way I would say that is if this signing would keep them from drafting a talent if he dropped. I just don't see that happening.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
would be worse than the Mike Vick signing IMO..

His displayed immaturity and lack of reasoning skills would prevent me from hiring him..

Matt Miller - B/R - 14th overall
Pro Football Focus - 10th overall
Daniel Jeremiah NFL.com - 22nd overall
Chris Trapasso CBS.com - 53rd overall
Sporting News - 14th overall
Sports Illustrated - 10th overall
Jeff Legwold ESPN.com - 13th overall
DraftTek - 8th overall
Luke Easterling DraftWire - 5th overall
Walter Football - Top 20 prospect
Joe Marino The Drank Network - 48th overall
Pro Football Network - 28th overall

The video was showing his arm strength. But please, show us his sucking highlights...

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
I've gone from not liking the potential signing (This as a Buckeyes fan), to being lukewarm about it. diver makes some good points. It really isn't costing them anything to take a look at a guy who has a low floor/high ceiling potential. Same as if they had signed Duck Hodges to a futures contract; except with size and a better arm. If he works out, great. If not, cut him and move on. I wonder if some folks are upset about the signing because they are thinking there's an off chance he actually does work out. A lot of agendas would be fouled up if that were to happen. Anyway, in the grand scheme of things, this signing moves my personal needle abouthismuch. It would only move it more if we hear good/great things about him during off season workouts (if there are any) and/or camp.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
I've gone from not liking the potential signing (This as a Buckeyes fan), to being lukewarm about it. diver makes some good points. It really isn't costing them anything to take a look at a guy who has a low floor/high ceiling potential. Same as if they had signed Duck Hodges to a futures contract; except with size and a better arm. If he works out, great. If not, cut him and move on. I wonder if some folks are upset about the signing because they are thinking there's an off chance he actually does work out. A lot of agendas would be fouled up if that were to happen. Anyway, in the grand scheme of things, this signing moves my personal needle abouthismuch. It would only move it more if we hear good/great things about him during off season workouts (if there are any) and/or camp.
If anyone is upset about this because they're afraid it will work out, well they aren't real fans. I think the guy sucks, but if he some how becomes our starter i hope he breaks every record in the book, same goes for Mason

Sent from my SM-A515U using Steeler Nation mobile app

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

See below:

Your correct bermuda...I was not a fan of Mike Vick the person at the time of the signing...I wouldnt of hired him either...

Not sure I get your "grab em in the *****" remark...other than Im sure Haskins has several opportunities to do that at the strip clubs...

Look...my point is there are other young QB;s out there with Haskins skill sets and much less baggage, that we could be looking at for a futures contract..
If this kid was an defensive back I would still be concerned about what he brings into the clubhouse, but much less...

Haskins is a QB.... and because of the position he plays, he is a potential leader and face of the Pittsburgh Steelers football club.
Personally, because of that, I wouldn't waste my time.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
What a bunch of whiney *******. Dude is a camp body for now. If he shows something, he sticks. It costs us next to nothing and the potential upside is we get a QB with talent that develops. He's not coming here to be our starter this year and may never be. Who gives a flying ****? We need someone here and he still has very significant upside. It's a good signing for what it is - a camp body with potential tremendous upside. ****, all you whiney ******* complain about Rudolph. Here's some competition that we can afford and who fits our current fast throwing system.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
A lot here are worried about nothing. The commitment to Haskins by the STEELERS is little more than letting him show up and give us a display of his skills and self being. If for some reason regardless of how trivial that we don't like what we see....... We can cut him at no cost to us.

NOW should he show acceptance or better yet, actually excell............. Well that will take care of itself as well. NOW that he is a STEELERS player I hope for the latter and respect our beloved organization to determine the difference in the two.

Salute the nation

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
A lot here are worried about nothing. The commitment to Haskins by the STEELERS is little more than letting him show up and give us a display of his skills and self being. If for some reason regardless of how trivial that we don't like what we see....... We can cut him at no cost to us.

NOW should he show acceptance or better yet, actually excell............. Well that will take care of itself as well. NOW that he is a STEELERS player I hope for the latter and respect our beloved organization to determine the difference in the two.

Salute the nation

It is not about the little commitment you have invested in him. It is about if the team as a whole is moving in a new direction of team culture. Individual accountability. Yes. The investment is minimal. Hell he might not even make the roster next year. Blount was here a short period also. Some claim he helped push Bell in a direction that wasn't good. So if you are trying to create a new environment. Maybe this is not a good signing even though it is at a minimal cost to the team financially. And to be truthful. Does anyone truly believe Tomlin can straighten this young man out? His track record is not the best in this area ....that is for sure.