• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Crapsheet reports Haskins met with Steelers

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
I would argue that immaturity and going out without a mask are a little less serious than a rape accusation. Super Bowl champion shouldn't matter if the rape accusation turned out to be true, which, thankfully it wasn't.

Any women can walk in anywhere and make an accusation, show me the warrant, the court records, the rape tests, anything???

diver

Reaction score
Who plays like a 7th rounder and acts like a HS JV player. Just because someone else horribly overvalued him doesn't make him a bargain to us.

Everybody in the NFL I bet had him as a first rounder. Maybe not as high as Washington took him, but still.

Look, I am not saying in any way Haskins is gonna g=be the next great one. I am saying in the Steelers situation, you have to consider a guy like this. They don't have much cap room. If you can find a guy who may have some talent, who will be cheap and have something to prove, why not? They can always cut him if it doesn't pan out and not have cap repercussions.

The big if is if it is cheap...if they sign him for significant dollars they are idiots.

diver

Reaction score
Any women can walk in anywhere and make an accusation, show me the warrant, the court records, the rape tests, anything???

No ****. I'm not arguing that. My point was if a guy accused of that can rehab himself, or be given the chance to, why can't a guy just accused of immaturity?

Not every statement is a shot at your boy.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting spin on our offseason. Ben, Mason, Dobbs and Haskins?

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
No ****. I'm not arguing that. My point was if a guy accused of that can rehab himself, or be given the chance to, why can't a guy just accused of immaturity?

Not every statement is a shot at your boy.

Then why even bring it up? Again, I never said Ben wasn't immature, but you're going to give a guy that's won two super bowls alot more leash than a guy that's done nothing.
Save the "your boy" ****!

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sources: The Steelers are planning to sign ex-first-round QB Dwayne Haskins today. Haskins is meeting with the coaches now, and if all goes well, a deal will be hammered out.</p>— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1352326482543177734?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 21, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I hope Albert Breer, whoever he is, is lying.,

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
They signed him. Just saw in on NFLN.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sure Tomlin can turn the young man around. Just take a look at Tomlin's track record.

diver

Reaction score
Then why even bring it up? Again, I never said Ben wasn't immature, but you're going to give a guy that's won two super bowls alot more leash than a guy that's done nothing.
Save the "your boy" ****!

I'm not saving anything. Ben could **** on your living room floor and you'd defend his ***.

I didn't bring up anything about Ben anyway. That was someone else.

So a person who is accused of rape should get more leash if he won a SB? Are you kidding me? Rape?

SteveA

Reaction score
The kid is ******* 23....Did everyone here "arrive" at age 23? How many stupid things did you do at 23....Did you study? I sure as hell didn't at 23...

The kid has a boatload of talent

Mentor him and we maybe got a big arm for 3-4 years....

Last edited:

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Steelers?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Steelers</a> and QB Dwayne Haskins have now agreed to terms on a contract, source said.</p>— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1352331643961417733?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 21, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mdk2

Reaction score
The kid is ******* 23....Did everyone here "arrive" at age 23? How many stupid things did you do at 23....Did you study? I sure as hell didn't at 23...

The kid has a bpoatload of talent

Mentor him and we maybe got a big arm for 3-4 years....

The kid sucks.. plain and simple. He has no intelligence for the game, can't read a defense to save his life, no work ethic.
You can't teach a work ethic and a love for your craft. If you don't that as a 1st round pick then you're never going to get it.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
If he shows that he doesn't make the 53. This is a no lose signing.
The kid sucks.. plain and simple. He has no intelligence for the game, can't read a defense to save his life, no work ethic.
You can't teach a work ethic and a love for your craft. If you don't that as a 1st round pick then you're never going to get it.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
I'm not saving anything. Ben could **** on your living room floor and you'd defend his ***.

I didn't bring up anything about Ben anyway. That was someone else.

So a person who is accused of rape should get more leash if he won a SB? Are you kidding me? Rape?

You quoted my post that was in response to the person that did bring it up, why? How the **** am I defending him? I'll defend anyone that was accused of rape, when it never happened, when the person doesn't even show up to file the damn police report, when the accuser was outed by her sorority sisters. Jerome Bettis was accused of sexual assault to, yet there's no evidence, no police report, nothing.
****, I guess Jerome can **** on my floor too. Try sticking to football, you sound pretty ignorant when you don't

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score

Does that mean you'd let Ben **** on your floor and not get mad?

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
No....not really.

Yes really. They actually workout players all year during offseason, in season to keep their records updated. it just not reported like it used to. About a decade ago, one site, which has reformatted to fantasy/gambling coverage, use to list every player visit as reported from the league to all clubs. KFFL did it as well, may still do, but I believe it has a paywall because of its FF tools.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sure Tomlin can turn the young man around. Just take a look at Tomlin's track record.

Vick acted and said all the right things while he was here. I detest what he did but he seems to be trying to correct those things. Haskins did nothing as bad and is young. We have nothing to lose at this point. Maybe being in Washington is that bad.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Steelers = opportunity. Problem is there is no way he was cut for his off field. Its just that on field didn't equal the hassle of off field.

Bigappleyinzer

Reaction score
You quoted my post that was in response to the person that did bring it up, why? How the **** am I defending him? I'll defend anyone that was accused of rape, when it never happened, when the person doesn't even show up to file the damn police report, when the accuser was outed by her sorority sisters. Jerome Bettis was accused of sexual assault to, yet there's no evidence, no police report, nothing.
****, I guess Jerome can **** on my floor too. Try sticking to football, you sound pretty ignorant when you don't

No idea why you are getting so offended? Are you related to Ben?

No one here is saying Ben was guilty. But, when you are accused of rape twice, its not out of the question to suggest you are putting yourself in harms way. In fact, Ben was notoriously know to be an immature dick during his early years (the motorcycle incident comes to mind).

The point is, people can learn from their mistakes. So why not capitalize from his 'redemption' story?

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score

You are probably right but some people do wake up and turn their lives around. If he does we win big if he doesn’t we lose very little by cutting him loose. By doing it now we get more time to teach him the right ways and get him acclimated to whatever our offense will be.

mdk2

Reaction score
You are probably right but some people do wake up and turn their lives around. If he does we win big if he doesn’t we lose very little by cutting him loose. By doing it now we get more time to teach him the right ways and get him acclimated to whatever our offense will be.

He wasn't that good coming out of OSU. He had big numbers but had so much talent around him, he has somewhat of a big arm and that's about it.

Bigappleyinzer

Reaction score
Steelers = opportunity. Problem is there is no way he was cut for his off field. Its just that on field didn't equal the hassle of off field.

This is my biggest concern...

Teams generally don't throw away young talent, no matter how many off-field problems you may have.

But again, if its for the min, its a virtually a free option.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
No idea why you are getting so offended? Are you related to Ben?

No one here is saying Ben was guilty. But, when you are accused of rape twice, its not out of the question to suggest you are putting yourself in harms way. In fact, Ben was notoriously know to be an immature dick during his early years (the motorcycle incident comes to mind).

The point is, people can learn from their mistakes. So why not capitalize from his 'redemption' story?
Nothing to do with Ben, I even called Ben immature, I've said from the end of the season if they want to move on from Ben then fine. Just you guys read anything I type as pro Ben. I'd defense Tom Brady if that was the same situation, rape is disgusting, women shouldn't be allowed to just throw that around whenever they want.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Everybody in the NFL I bet had him as a first rounder. Maybe not as high as Washington took him, but still.

Look, I am not saying in any way Haskins is gonna g=be the next great one. I am saying in the Steelers situation, you have to consider a guy like this. They don't have much cap room. If you can find a guy who may have some talent, who will be cheap and have something to prove, why not? They can always cut him if it doesn't pan out and not have cap repercussions.

The big if is if it is cheap...if they sign him for significant dollars they are idiots.

nobody had him as a 1st rounder. Washington took him because he went to school with Daniel Snyder’s son.

he’s a potential locker room cancer. Terrible decision to sign this bum.