• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bryant 4 game suspension?

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
hmmmmm some pot or make millions of dollars and a shot at a massive contract in a few years?....lets smoke pot man!...whooohoooo. I don't get it at all. selfish bs hurts this team.

Spike

Reaction score
Starkey: Steelers stopping themselves with suspensions

It has been said many times, most recently by Le'Veon Bell and Ben Roethlisberger, that the only team capable of stopping the powerful Steelers offense is the Steelers themselves.

They're doing a pretty good job of it so far.

I believe the term is self-sabotage.

Don't minimize the potential impact of losing Bryant for a quarter of the season. He changed everything last season.

The Steelers were sputtering along at slightly more than 20 points per game when Bryant was activated for Game 7. They averaged more than 30 thereafter. Bryant provided a big-time deep threat (21.1 yards per catch) and a viable red-zone target. He scored eight touchdowns on just 26 catches — and he seemed poised to kick it up a notch this season.

http://triblive.com/sports/joestarke...#axzz3kDQjMBta

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
hmmmmm some pot or make millions of dollars and a shot at a massive contract in a few years?....lets smoke pot man!...whooohoooo. I don't get it at all. selfish bs hurts this team.

Thing is, YOU KNOW you're going to get tested in camp. And if you test positive once YOU KNOW you're going to get tested more often than everybody else. After you retire then move to WA or CO and smoke up all you want.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
This is absolutely terrible. I was waiting until the substance was confirmed. Gaining 20+ lbs in a year, I thought for sure it was performance enhancing, instead it looks like he gained the weight because he had the munchies...

This is 5. I 2 3 4 5 failed ******* tests in a year. In ONE ******* YEAR. Kid has a problem with the green. Should have been off the green after 3 let alone 4, since he knew it would cost him games. He may be addicted like Josh Gordon. This is ******* terrible. He failed 5 tests in a year. If he fails one more test he's out 10 games. 2 more total in his career and he has a 1 year ban. Unless they change the rules within the CBA, this kid will never get a second contract from us, and I'll be surprised as hell if he doesn't have a year long ban before his contract is up! This is garbage.

5 fails in his first year, Odds are not good with this kid facing a 10game hiatus for his next **** up. I'm really pissed, this is by far the worst news of the season for me. So much promise, and he won't be able to attain it. Can Vick play receiver...

**** me...

madinsomniac

Reaction score
It isn't 5 failed test in a year. They do not announce anything about failed tests until the first suspension. many guys coming out of college get put into the SAP right away due to prior circumstances or failed tests at the combine. they do not release all of that info. we hear rumors occasionally. Yesterday several steelers insiders aluded that the reason he wasn't playing much at the start of last year was failed tests that he was fined for, but the Steelers sat him down for. I am assuming that's the 2 and the 4 gamer... the quote that I have heard several places was more or less that he was playing last year for a lot less money... this apparently was a known issue and the reason behind Coates getting brought in

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Starkey: Steelers stopping themselves with suspensions

It has been said many times, most recently by Le'Veon Bell and Ben Roethlisberger, that the only team capable of stopping the powerful Steelers offense is the Steelers themselves.

They're doing a pretty good job of it so far.

I believe the term is self-sabotage.

Don't minimize the potential impact of losing Bryant for a quarter of the season. He changed everything last season.

The Steelers were sputtering along at slightly more than 20 points per game when Bryant was activated for Game 7. They averaged more than 30 thereafter. Bryant provided a big-time deep threat (21.1 yards per catch) and a viable red-zone target. He scored eight touchdowns on just 26 catches — and he seemed poised to kick it up a notch this season.

http://triblive.com/sports/joestarke...#axzz3kDQjMBta

this really is just a totally selfish move. He just let everyone down... his Teammates, his family, the fans... and for what, a little buzz? Bryant has first round talent. he could be a multimillionaire in no time... he just cost himself millions with this boneheaded move and frankly maybe a career

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
People can say what they want about it and my own belief is that it is fairly benign. But clearly it is very addictive cause he flushed away a lot of money on his habit. I'd like to see them remove it from the list, but until they do you have to live with the rules.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I believe the 4 game suspension is after the 4th failed test. 4 or 5 is more than bad enough. It should never get past 1 or 2, at worst, if you are doing it recreationally.

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
People can say what they want about it and my own belief is that it is fairly benign. But clearly it is very addictive cause he flushed away a lot of money on his habit. I'd like to see them remove it from the list, but until they do you have to live with the rules.

Bam Morris approves of this

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Question: Are they done Marijuana testing for the season or is he still eligible for the other 10 this season? Personally, I don't think anyone who has failed four drug tests in 19 months is going to be able to stop.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
One of the hardest things I have ever done was stop smoking weed..smoked from 18 til 36. Cigarettes put them down never looked back. It was easy. Weed quit cold turkey its been 5 years and in the beginning it sucked. I was a everyday smoker. I had to change my whole lifestyle. Stop hanging around the same people and stay away from places I knew could get access. Once you are smoking everyday you're addicted and it's not easy to stop. At least it wasn't for me. I stopped and have never smoked again but it wasn't easy. Hopefully Bryant can get some help because obviously IMO it's not a casual thing for him..

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score

1156d849daac2e3a3d12feac48a2ec71aa045b7a3b4762885265ea50d44ceb89.jpg

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
fda6b6b739dadf2d6dc985f1dbd07cf0bb2f9df88f5f2426bbe5a3a20e3da22d.jpg

Lol ok i'm done

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Just heard on the Fan that the steelers were not aware this suspension was coming down the pike. reporters in the room described Colbert as terse when he went down into the locker room, told Bryant to get his pads off and come upstairs... I don't think he is long for this team. that is a shame.

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
Part of the CBA allows testing to be done at the start of training camp until last day of preseason. They know they will ALL be tested ONCE for street drugs (pot) and only once. But is a 1 time per year test and they all know it is coming. Bell and Blount were popped for having a J and being high. The fact you know it is coming and can't just stay clean for like 45 days is beyond me. You can smoke the rest of the year as you won't be tested again for "street" drugs but will be for PEDs

Oh, and it is pot people. Something legal in some places already and most states a misamenor and no longer criminal. A few more years like the NBA it won't be tested for as in noway does it give you a competitive edge besides maybe the relaxing part for nerves, injuries and stress

Last edited:

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
His behavior will determine it. As long as he stays clean

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Just heard on the Fan that the steelers were not aware this suspension was coming down the pike. reporters in the room described Colbert as terse when he went down into the locker room, told Bryant to get his pads off and come upstairs... I don't think he is long for this team. that is a shame.

Exactly which says it's a problem. Not casual. It's something he does frequently

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
What's starting to piss me off more now is Bryant hasn't come out and apologized to his teammates and us, the fans, yet. That should have happened on day 1.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Maybe he has to his teammates

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
What's starting to piss me off more now is Bryant hasn't come out and apologized to his teammates and us, the fans, yet. That should have happened on day 1.

Holy cow. How dare he not apologize to "US"...the fan.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I'd be interested in the basis of his appeal. He is going to leave a hell of a lot on the table. Totally dominated the starters with three different qb.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
He may be appealing the duration. If say 3 of his 4 offences came during the formal rule structure, he may have some basis but that's just a guess. I'm thinking every player will appeal their suspensions.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Apparently the Steelers knew this was coming. Ben says he has known for a while. The paper we shall not named has an article today.