• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bryant 4 game suspension?

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Ben says he knew Tomlin coach speak says he needs more details. lulz

You don't need anymore details, your players for some reason think they can get away with breaking rules.

******* get them all in a room, and talk about it until they get it is serious.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Of course just to piss off the fan base Bryant played really well yesterday.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Of course just to piss off the fan base Bryant played really well yesterday.

he has my permission to piss me off every week in a similar manner

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Thing is, YOU KNOW you're going to get tested in camp. And if you test positive once YOU KNOW you're going to get tested more often than everybody else. After you retire then move to WA or CO and smoke up all you want.

Seems simple doesn't it? Play things out then retire on a mountain of cash(unless you're an idiot) Go buy your pounds of weed in a legal state and get Chinese eyes 24/7 if that's what floats your boat and gets you to your happy place.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
In before Tomlin is blamed

I don't blame Tomlin for this one. I will blame Tomlin if it happens one more time. At some point the Head Coach has to address this and make an example.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
I don't blame Tomlin for this one. I will blame Tomlin if it happens one more time. At some point the Head Coach has to address this and make an example.

And other then cut him what can he do??? That's the same as if Bryant smokes again..either way he is gone. Either way we lose out on his talent. Bryant has to man up himself that's the only way. He has to choose to stop smoking..nothing anyone says will change that.

madtacker

Reaction score
So he is one more strike away from a ten game suspension? Then one year? Wow this is bad.

If he has gotten this deep this fast he isn't gonna be able to stay on the field.

Reports of him working all off season, and improving himself to have a huge year. For what?
He had to know he was busted. How can you be getting high everyday and with all the failed tests,& heat you have on you?

Why even bother working on your game if your not gonna be on the field?

He is a huge part of what this offense is trying to do this year.

After all the failed tests did the Steelers try and help this guy?

Like testing him daily or getting him treatment in the off season.

That many failed test in that small of time means this dude doesn't get it & has a big problem.

Vader

Reaction score

Hasn't he failed several drug tests before this one? Isn't the team informed of this? Tomlin isn't going to do anything because there is nothing for him to do except cut the guy. That ain't going to happen.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Apparently the Steelers knew this was coming. Ben says he has known for a while. The paper we shall not named has an article today.

I heard a theory that the Steelers released the info when they did to take some press off of the Vick signing... total speculation but it fits...lol

Im more of the opinion they just found out that the news leaked and were prepping him for damage control though

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Seems simple doesn't it? Play things out then retire on a mountain of cash(unless you're an idiot) Go buy your pounds of weed in a legal state and get Chinese eyes 24/7 if that's what floats your boat and gets you to your happy place.

Key words bolded. If you fail a drug test that you know is coming then you're likely not bright enough to bank some of your money and will be broke two years after leaving football.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
And other then cut him what can he do??? That's the same as if Bryant smokes again..either way he is gone. Either way we lose out on his talent. Bryant has to man up himself that's the only way. He has to choose to stop smoking..nothing anyone says will change that.

Yes I expect him to cut a starter for this type of ****. Cutting a back up doesn't send a message the stars will heed. And honestly they might as well cut a player that is being suspended since he won't be contributing anything to the team but distraction.

Steelers1356

Reaction score
I saw on Twitter that there hasn't even been an official suspension announcement yet and that the steelers are trying to get to the bottom of it to find out what's going on. Anyone else hear this?

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I saw on Twitter that there hasn't even been an official suspension announcement yet and that the steelers are trying to get to the bottom of it to find out what's going on. Anyone else hear this?

No, and twitter is, well unreliable would be giving ti too much credit

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Yes I expect him to cut a starter for this type of ****. Cutting a back up doesn't send a message the stars will heed. And honestly they might as well cut a player that is being suspended since he won't be contributing anything to the team but distraction.

Sounds good but not going to happen

swal75

Reaction score
Dude looks like Randy Moss out there yesterday.

The other bill

Reaction score
It dont seem so long ago that people ragged on "flash light tag and TEAM movies..."
It maybe time for the Steelers to step back and rethink what a " team " means
Sad such a waste of talent

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Key words bolded. If you fail a drug test that you know is coming then you're likely not bright enough to bank some of your money and will be broke two years after leaving football.

I'm starting to think teams need to hire a full time baby sitter written into the contracts of those who make very poor decisions repeatedly.

oicu8ad

Reaction score
Just watched the video interview with him on Steelers.com, and his bullshit, canned answer response was ****. I would have had more respect for him if he has said, "You know, I ****** up. But IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN".

Instead, he comes out with the whole, that's in the past, I have to learn from it and move past it. That's in the past. I just have to learn from it. That's in the past, blah, blah, blah.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Just watched the video interview with him on Steelers.com, and his bullshit, canned answer response was ****. I would have had more respect for him if he has said, "You know, I ****** up. But IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN".

Instead, he comes out with the whole, that's in the past, I have to learn from it and move past it. That's in the past. I just have to learn from it. That's in the past, blah, blah, blah.

I don't care if he came out and said he loved the weed and was going to smoke a ton when he retired... as long as for the next few years he is on the team he is sober as a dead ferret.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score

I heard it on the radio and I wasn't convinced this is a guy who won't screw up again. I at least believed Bell when he realized what he did and what he could lose. Not sure that Bryant realizes that and it's too bad. Hope I'm wrong.