• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Anyone going to hold Ben accountable?

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Are Harrison and Suggs the same guy? No, and Suggs lines up as a de alot, so a tackle would've been blocking him alot too, especially if we spread them and ran the ball more

No they aren't but just cause he is 34 or 35 doesn't mean he has lost it against the run. And again you are talking in hindsight everyone would of did things differently I'm sure

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
As for the audibles, it's alot tougher on the road with the noise and a back up center. Hell look at how many times Johnson looked totally lost out there even coming out of the huddle

There were other audibles called in this game. I even said so in the plays I wrote out you could see Ben changing some plays

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
No huddle the rest of the way I guess stopped watching

The game was Sunday I watched the whole game SMH I have NFL Sunday ticket. I stopped watching last nite the replay I was watching on my firestick NFL archive. I watched the first three quarters to see what the offensive play calls were which I wrote out in this thread..there was no reason to watch after that LAST NITE cause we all know after the punt and being down 21-0 they went no huddle
So you say you watched the entire game, then say you shut off the replay, but the quote above you say "No huddle the rest of the way I guess, I stopped watching" If you watched the entire game Sunday, you wouldn't be saying "No huddle, I guess" you would know they went alot of no huddle up pace offense. Just admit you turned the **** off.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
No they aren't but just cause he is 34 or 35 doesn't mean he has lost it against the run. And again you are talking in hindsight everyone would of did things differently I'm sure

Ummm, if you're using a steak knife to try to cut a piece of wood, how long before you realize, hmmm this isn't working to well, maybe I should try to use something else.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
So you say you watched the entire game, then say you shut off the replay, but the quote above you say "No huddle the rest of the way I guess, I stopped watching" If you watched the entire game Sunday, you wouldn't be saying "No huddle, I guess" you would know they went alot of no huddle up pace offense. Just admit you turned the **** off.

Are you effing serious??? I have never turned off a live Steelers game in my life. This was last nite after the punt I went to bed. I stopped rewinding and fast forwarding the replay to jot down down and distance and formation and all that other crap to show the Steelers weren't run run pass like others were saying. Did they immediately go no huddle after the punt block next series I didn't remember from Sunday and I wasn't staying up to see I have to get up at 5

Last edited:

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Ummm, if you're using a steak knife to try to cut a piece of wood, how long before you realize, hmmm this isn't working to well, maybe I should try to use something else.

Again in hindsight what if they had stayed patient and the running clicked then what? First you bitching cause they did went empty set and left Ben exposed bow you bitching cause they stayed with the run too long in a formation you don't like to help keep the shots on Ben to a minimum. Now you say that should of went no huddle and spread the field exposing Ben to hits..

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
Again in hindsight what if they had stayed patient and the running clicked then what? First you bitching cause they did went empty set and left Ben exposed bow you bitching cause they stayed with the run too long in a formation you don't like to help keep the shots on Ben to a minimum. Now you say that should of went no huddle and spread the field exposing Ben to hits..

Dude, come on I know you're smarter than this. going no huddle doesn't mean empty set.

You mean like when the running game clicked in Miami and we went away from that because it wasn't the game plan?

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Lets cut to the chase. There are a few Tomlin fans boys here. While its none of my business why they like him, the posters who are big Tomlin fans like to blame Ben when the Steelers lose.

1 ) Ben should not have played or been pulled in this game. That's on Tomlin. His arm was not up to par, partly because he just had a knee injury.

2 ) Haley hamstrings the team's chances by calling three runs on 3rd down and 4 or more yards to go. WTF... And waiting forever to start slinging it? Why? We let the Ravens stay in the formation they wanted to be in when spreading them out would have made things easier, and made it better off for Bell. Does HAley even know what Play action is? Bell isn't a bad draw runner either when you spread them out.

3 ) I saw a few dropped passes

4 ) Davis' Forrest Gump Moment on the blocked punt that was returned for a touchdown was the difference in the score.

5 ) The Interception Ben threw was not his fault. DeCastro was pushed backward and the DL player got his hand in the air to deflect the ball.

6 ) Brown did little until garbage time. If you're the best WR in the game, you get open.

7 ) We had what, 12 penalties, none of which were on Ben.

8 ) When Pouncey went down, Finney clearly wasn't experienced enough at center to sub. The QB to center exchange had issues

9 ) Wallace took a pass 95 yards.

10 ) Berry had some bad punts. The onside kick was a joke.

So go ahead and blame Ben. There are other reasons why we lost.

Last edited:

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Dude, come on I know you're smarter than this. going no huddle doesn't mean empty set.

You mean like when the running game clicked in Miami and we went away from that because it wasn't the game plan?

We can't audible cause we on the road but we can go by huddle on the road which takes even more communication??

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
http://dkpittsburghsports.com/2016/11/08/carters-classroom-roethlisbergers-road-problems-remain/

Inside are plays and breakdowns. Plays were there to be made and they were not made. Early in the game and thru out.

By Christopher Carter
Leaders lead, even when the path they put their followers on is one that leads to disaster. That’s what happened when the Steelers’ offense stalled for three and half quarters Sunday with Ben Roethlisberger back from knee surgery.

Roethlisberger is the captain of a team that has multiple elite players on offense and the capabilities to be the highest scoring unit in the NFL. However, that can only be achieved if he plays at the level expected of an elite quarterback with more than a decade of experience.

Many have rushed to criticize the coaching staff and held back criticisms of Roethlisberger’s poor performance due to his return from injury. This film review will go over why more of his mistakes appeared to be mental or from a lack of focus than from recovery from his injured leg.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
So when we went to the offense Ben prefers, he threw for 188 yards in the 4th and we were right back in the game. You let your franchise qb dictate your offense, not the other teams offense, as Tomlin said. You like to say Ben has control over the game plan, but yet he says he thought they should've gotten away from that earlier clearly shows he doesn't have as much say as you think he does.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
So when we went to the offense Ben prefers, he threw for 188 yards in the 4th and we were right back in the game. You let your franchise qb dictate your offense, not the other teams offense, as Tomlin said. You like to say Ben has control over the game plan, but yet he says he thought they should've gotten away from that earlier clearly shows he doesn't have as much say as you think he does.

Now we don't run the offense Ben wants?? Were you able to review the link I just posted. If you can't see them I could pm you my login and password so you can would love to hear your thoughts on it

Last edited:

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
Now we don't run the offense Ben wants??
We didn't go to the offense he wanted as quick as he thought we should've so it's pretty clear he doesn't get what he wants when he wants it. I don't know if we are running the game plan he wants, do you know that we do run the offense he wants for a fact?

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
We didn't go to the offense he wanted as quick as he thought we should've so it's pretty clear he doesn't get what he wants when he wants it. I don't know if we are running the game plan he wants, do you know that we do run the offense he wants for a fact?

The game plan for this game was different yes because there was a chance Ben wouldn't play. Ben has stated that the intent for this game was to establish a running game whether he or Landry played. This game. But in all the other games Ben has started you don't think we have been a running a Offense that Ben wants to run???

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The game plan for this game was different

So you FINALLY admit that the game plan vs the Ravens was different from previous weeks. More waffles than IHOP

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
I would assume Ben has alot of say in the game plan, but Ben loves the hurry up offense, how often do we see that?

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
So you FINALLY admit that the game plan vs the Ravens was different from previous weeks. More waffles than IHOP

SMH the game plan to stick with the run was different the other plays all the other pass plays that weren't executed are the same plays we have been running. Would you like to see them they are in the link posted

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
SMH the game plan to stick with the run was different the other plays all the other pass plays that weren't executed are the same plays we have been running. Would you like to see them they are inter link posted

So the game plan has no bearing on how plays work out? The decision to stick with the non existent running game never allowed our QB to get into any rhythm until it was too late.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

antdrewjosh

Reaction score

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Plans have to be executed..and since we tried to run the ball the Oline deserves blame too..

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Plans have to be executed..and since we tried to run the ball the Oline deserves blame too..

And if it doesn't work for 3 quarters, why keep trying? Blame the OL or blame the idiot that keeps trying. Oh because Baltimore was not scoring we could afford to keep trying to plug a round peg into a square hole. But once they got the blocked punt then we had to change. Worst logic ever.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
And if it doesn't work for 3 quarters, why keep trying? Blame the OL or blame the idiot that keeps trying. Oh because Baltimore was not scoring we could afford to keep trying to plug a round peg into a square hole. But once they got the blocked punt then we had to change. Worst logic ever.

So your not going to watch the breakdowns. Maybe perhaps if those plays were made the running games opens up. Nah that's not a possibility