• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Anyone going to hold Ben accountable?

Bigappleyinzer

Reaction score
Full disclosure- I was travelling for work and didnt see the game.

But 51% completion?? 67 QB rating?? 14 QBR??

There are VERY FEW teams that can win with that type of production from their QB.

But I know... Fire Tomlin... Fire Haley... Fire the Rooneys...

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score

There are VERY FEW teams that can win with that type of production from their QB.

Wait, wait....are you saying Ben was anywhere close to 100%? Did he look like his knee was good enough to play on, to you? Who started Ben? Who didnt pull Ben when it was clear he couldnt hang today?

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Ben would play if he could crawl onto the field.

He was not responsible for playing early, or all of the penalties, or the trends Tomlin shows, or the bad decisions Tomlin makes on and off the field.

Blame everyone but Tommy Tom the savior!

woopidyfuckingdoo

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Wait, wait....are you saying Ben was anywhere close to 100%? Did he look like his knee was good enough to play on, to you? Who started Ben? Who didnt pull Ben when it was clear he couldnt hang today?

all Bens faults and the players faults for always coming up shirt against ****** teams.

Fire the players! that will fix the trend.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
**** yes, BEN shouldn't have come back this early. I feel this game was winable with Laundry. Ben's throws were off due to knee and step. His game mind was more on knee than game. Missing wide open receivers that even Laundry could have hit. Like I said earlier we have put way more points up on way better defenses. Ben should have been benched mid third or sooner. Laundry isn't no "HEALTHY" Ben but could have done enough to win this game.

Salute the nation

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Ben should get a quarter of his paycheck this week. Tomlin should give some money back to the team, so does Haley

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
**** yes, BEN shouldn't have come back this early. I feel this game was winable with Laundry. Ben's throws were off due to knee and step. His game mind was more on knee than game. Missing wide open receivers that even Laundry could have hit. Like I said earlier we have put way more points up on way better defenses. Ben should have been benched mid third or sooner. Laundry isn't no "HEALTHY" Ben but could have done enough to win this game.

Salute the nation
We will never know, the team wasn't given a option to see if he could light a spark after halftime

#noAdjustmentsTommyTomNotAtFault

Elfiero

Banned
Reaction score

Salute the nation

Exactly. Landry could have gotten tbe job done the wat the d was playing. Tomlin is gutless when it comes to telling Ben NO!

And what does it say about Ben when he puts himself above the team for his own personal glory?

You know you're not healed LET THE BACKUP EARN HIS MONEY. All that team first talk from Ben is just that, talk.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Exactly. Landry could have gotten tbe job done the wat the d was playing. Tomlin is gutless when it comes to telling Ben NO!

And what does it say about Ben when he puts himself above the team for his own personal glory?

You know you're not healed LET THE BACKUP EARN HIS MONEY. All that team first talk from Ben is just that, talk.

even if true, Ben doesn't have the final say... however you slice it it always falls back to one person, and one person only.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Ummm Ben will be the first one to hold himself accountable, I'd like to hear Tomlin take full blame. You didnt see the game, but Jones wasn't going to do a damn thing, the line sucked, Bell was getting killed, and it took WR's all day to get open, nit to mention the idiotic game plan

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
even if true, Ben doesn't have the final say... however you slice it it always falls back to one person, and one person only.

I've always been a very patient person and I'm NOT speaking drunk / angered / prejudice / political / gay / BLM / one knee type guy, TOMLIN just doesn't have the "it" required to be a Head Coach. Why can't the top brass see this??? Is their product / fans been so strong over the since 1970s years that they take for granite that what ever is put out there we sheeple will follow??? Is it the "Rooney" RULE that keeps him on payroll ?? **** the skin color and look at the accomplishments / set backs / actual coaching ability then one would know what needs to change.

Salute the nation

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Ummm Ben will be the first one to hold himself accountable, I'd like to hear Tomlin take full blame. You didnt see the game, but Jones wasn't going to do a damn thing, the line sucked, Bell was getting killed, and it took WR's all day to get open, nit to mention the idiotic game plan

see a lot of problems

which falls back to the...

again

Head Coach

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
see a lot of problems

which falls back to the...

again

Head Coach
Yeah pretty much, I don't think Tomlin is a horrible coach, he's just stubborn as ****. What we were trying on offense wasn't working, but it wasn't until the 4th before we made some major adjustments

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Most do hold the quarterback accountable. It's always the first person people blame and for good reason. However, this game was not exactly a surprise. He has a history of struggling when returning from injury and when you add that he was on the road against a bad opponent, all decks were stacked against him. Those are the games when he is at his worst. I have no clue why he is so bad in those situations, but he needs to do better if the Steelers want to contend.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah pretty much, I don't think Tomlin is a horrible coach, he's just stubborn as ****. What we were trying on offense wasn't working, but it wasn't until the 4th before we made some major adjustments

which falls again to lack of adjustments

he has no feel for when to make one, not a good thing

can Ben overcome Tomlin's shortcomings?

I guess we will have to wait and see.... but it isn't looking good.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Most do hold the quarterback accountable. It's always the first person people blame and for good reason. However, this game was not exactly a surprise. He has a history of struggling when returning from injury and when you add that he was on the road against a bad opponent, all decks were stacked against him. Those are the games when he is at his worst. I have no clue why he is so bad in those situations, but he needs to do better if the Steelers want to contend.

will Ben change on his own or will there need to be another coach to guide him?

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
will Ben change on his own or will there need to be another coach to guide him?

He got away from the short, safe throws with the emergence of Bryant. Coates offers some deep, but Bryant is a special talent in this area and the Steelers need to play it safer with the throws--especially on the road. That is on Ben and the coaches (I know, a novel concept to expect that both can do better).

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
He got away from the short, safe throws with the emergence of Bryant. Coates offers some deep, but Bryant is a special talent in this area and the Steelers need to play it safer with the throws--especially on the road. That is on Ben and the coaches (I know, a novel concept to expect that both can do better).

I think with the right coach, things could improve...........

but with a wrong coach you can be stuck in Groundhogs day.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
Let's not forget, bey went out, Wheaton was out so we weren't left with much experience outside of Brown. Rogers basically a rookie, Coates year too, Hamilton not sure if he was out there at all, and our TE'S are below avg

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
which falls again to lack of adjustments

he has no feel for when to make one, not a good thing

can Ben overcome Tomlin's shortcomings?

I guess we will have to wait and see.... but it isn't looking good.

Wait? I thought Ben has been covering all of Tomlin's short comings since Tomlin became our HC?

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
Final say on draft picks is the head coaches, that basically happened when they fired Donahue in the late 90's.

Steelmann

Reaction score
You know what? I love Ben. But he comes up with 3-4 absolute stinkers a year. If you guys don't see this,I don't know,I must be missing something. I mean,to be honest,I would have fired Tomlin years ago. And I do believe in the Steeler way of not panicking, loyalty and all the things that I believe make this a great franchise. To me Tomlin just does not have"it". In one way ,the one playoff game we won in the last what,6 should have never been. We all know that. I think it would have meant this year would have been a make or break it year.
I could go on and on.

This game and this season so far is really a big frigging disappointment. All the expectations. But they can still turn it around and hopefully peak at the right time. But to the original question,you are damn right Ben should be held accountable,it's not all coaching.

I would love to know how many coaches,would pull their supposed top 3 QB and put him on the bench,one that has been in the league 10 plus years. One that I am sure is saying I am good to go. If anything Ben should have pulled himself out,for the good of the team.

FargoSteelers7

Reaction score

As I always say, one player does not make a team. But I will always root for Big Ben to be out on the field. Hell, if he as actually missing a leg, I would pick him over Landry. Ben wasn't to blame for the endless Steeler penalties, ****** defense, stupid special teams and so much more! Yeah, he might not have been 100%. But he did just have knee surgery 3 weeks ago. And no one plays better or more while being injured.