• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

7-5 and we found our QB for the rest of the season

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
I'll say right now duck looks to be our best chance to get to that vaunted 8-8. All the rest is horseshit.

I am enjoying the season. With all the injuries I love we are in the thick of it.

Steelers1356

Reaction score
I'm not sure what Johnson was thinking when he ran out of bounds. Well maybe the guy just doesn't like to get hit and did it instinctively.

He had a defender bearing down on him. He played it safe rather than risk getting hit in bounds and fumbling. We've seen enough late game fumbles by our receivers this season so I have no problem with what he did. It would've been nice for him to stay in bounds and kill some clock but that would've been risky under the circumstances.

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Not to mention the unflappable Duck should get better once JuJu and Conner get back, which hopefully will be next week @ Arizona.

Steelerfreak

Reaction score
It wasn’t until we threw the ball deep on that “free play” that we were able to execute. After that we got more aggressive play calling and that led to 20 unanswered points, and a damn good execution of a five minute offense from our one, with the exception of boneheaded clock mistakes.
Dionte going out of bounds and ducks throw away.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
I didn’t get to see the game, but I heard rumors that our receivers were doing a lot of jumping and a lot of arm extensions. We can’t have that.

Is it true that Benny looked like Walter Effing Payton?

Last edited:

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I didn’t get to see the game, but I heard rumors that our receivers were doing a lot of jumping and a lot of arm extensions. We can’t have that.

Is it true that Benny looked like Walter Effing Payton?
No but you could say he looked like beast mode light.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
When they let Duck throw it, he did very well. The INT and ensuing return were all on Johnson. Not sure what he was doing on that play.

I know what happened after that play, TOMLIN had a few words for him. Something Tomlin isn't known for but I'm glad he chewed his *** and did it in public.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
He had a defender bearing down on him. He played it safe rather than risk getting hit in bounds and fumbling. We've seen enough late game fumbles by our receivers this season so I have no problem with what he did. It would've been nice for him to stay in bounds and kill some clock but that would've been risky under the circumstances.

I cal BS on this. When he was still in middle third and made his cut towards outside, he should have cut inside as there was no one near. He could have gotten as many if not a couple more then actually surrendered himself in mid field play. Johnson ****** up and what you say to have happened would be to much actual thinking for him.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Mason had a lot of balls just flat dropped by guys who are either gone or not likely to be on the field for the offense again.

Duck biggest asset over Mason is his mobility. No way Mason runs for that first down like Duck did....

Agree and another thing that is getting better with playing time is pocket awareness. Couple times he moved right into the sack, 2nd half he actually stepped up into the pocket as he should. Mobility definately a plus and he is still learning and getting better in those regards.

Salute the nation

nitsuj1225

Reaction score
Rudy was inches away from some picks too, and IMO the WR's made better catches for him.

This right here makes me think you don't even watch games. Washington alone made as many great catches today as any WR has for all the games Mason was in there. I don't know how you would come to that conclusion. Moncrief was cut because he dropped EVERYTHING...2 of which went through his hands into the defenders hands for picks. He also had Limas Holton out there not making a play on anything ever and has been limited to special teams recently. Hell even Juju had a number of drops with Mason.

Classic Coach.

Stewey

Reaction score
Duck started a bit shaky but he rounded out and played better as the game wore on. My hat is off to the kid for today's performance. I wouldn't anoint him king just yet, but certainly seems to be the best option to win right now. In the long run, I do worry a bit about his height. Did anyone see him standing beside his linemen? That has to impair his downfield vision a bit. Also, teams will get some film on him and adjust to what he is doing so lets just see how it evolves week to week. Washington came up with some sweet catches and Snell also had a good day as well. Defense balled again. They took two pretty good WR's out of the game and I don't care what anyone says...Chub and Hunt are a dangerous duo. It was a good team win and there really shouldn't be a question on who starts under center next week.

On the positive side it just so happens that the shortest QB's in the league are among the best.
Brees is 6-0 207, Russell Wilson is 5-11 206...

Duck and Baker Mayfield are both 6-1, 209

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Said it last week, as long as Duck protects the ball and give us 23 points helped by the run and Defense we can beat most teams, 20 points did it thanks to amazing D play, pressured the **** out of mayday and covered those WRs like shadows.

**** the browns and their never ending high draft picks, still a worthless and classless franchise.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Steeler Nation mobile app

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Duck started a bit shaky but he rounded out and played better as the game wore on. My hat is off to the kid for today's performance. I wouldn't anoint him king just yet, but certainly seems to be the best option to win right now. In the long run, I do worry a bit about his height. Did anyone see him standing beside his linemen? That has to impair his downfield vision a bit. Also, teams will get some film on him and adjust to what he is doing so lets just see how it evolves week to week. Washington came up with some sweet catches and Snell also had a good day as well. Defense balled again. They took two pretty good WR's out of the game and I don't care what anyone says...Chub and Hunt are a dangerous duo. It was a good team win and there really shouldn't be a question on who starts under center next week.

Hoot - Drew Brees is 6'0" and Russell Wilson is 5'11".
Hodges is 6'1"

It's a valid concern, but its not one that should be weighted too heavily. Brock Osweiler is 6'8" and he sucked ***.

Hoot

Contributor
Reaction score
Hoot - Drew Brees is 6'0" and Russell Wilson is 5'11".
Hodges is 6'1"

It's a valid concern, but its not one that should be weighted too heavily. Brock Osweiler is 6'8" and he sucked ***.

Yea, I am aware what other guys measurements are. Doesn't mean it isn't a valid concern and I am not saying it can't be overcome. It does make the job a bit harder. And he isn't Brees or Wilson. And, don't get me wrong, I'm not dissin' the guy. I like that he is layin' it all on the line and making plays.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah because 14/21 221 yards 1TD/1INT isn't almost exactly like every one of Mason's stat lines.

You're almost right. Duck's stat line against the Cleveland Browns is exactly the same as Rudolph's was: They both threw for 221 yards and 1 touchdown. Except, of course, it took Mason more than twice as many attempts (44) to reach the same number of yards, and he just happened to get intercepted (and sacked) 3 more times.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
You're almost right. Duck's stat line against the Cleveland Browns is exactly the same as Rudolph's was: They both threw for 221 yards and 1 touchdown. Except, of course, it took Mason more than twice as many attempts (44) to reach the same number of yards, and he just happened to get intercepted (and sacked) 3 more times.

Their INT percentage is similar. What separates the two if one wishes to compare is

1 Duck's completion percentage is higher.

2 His yards gained per attempt is clearly better.

This isn't a crowning of Duck or a slamming of Rudolph. But it is clear that the Duck is playing better football. And then add in that he is more mobile and I think he clearly gives this team the best chance to win for right now.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
How?

You have pounded in the dirt for years the HC/DC & OC are terrible. They can’t prepare, can’t game-plan, can’t adjust to the ebb and flow of the game. Basically just a worthless pile of nobodies who won off of Cowher’s players.

You going to put it all on the players? You know the PS squad QB, and WRs? But of course! You are never wrong!.......in your own mind that is. You really need to get that pie hole checked out. The Diarrhea of the Mouth condition is definitely chronic.

They may or may not make the playoffs. They control their own destiny and hopefully TN or HOU falls off. But look at what skill players on offense this team had compared to what CLE had......

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

Hey clueless. I call 10-6 or better often. I expect to make the playoffs often. We have a lot of talent. That’s how.

The coaching remains a handicap. Try following the game thread and you’ll get a hint.

Butler looks pretty good right now. And I’ve always said randy Is an upgrade over todd.

Weren’t you the guy who felt that Rudy would be a solid NFL player? Yes you were. Dumbass

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
I know what happened after that play, TOMLIN had a few words for him. Something Tomlin isn't known for but I'm glad he chewed his *** and did it in public.

Salute the nation

I saw that. Glad he did it. Usually Tomlin just stands there. I have heard him say sometimes he doesn’t even know what down it is.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Wasn't Mayfield and the Browns were Coach's pick to win our division this season? He put Mayfield up with the best of the best I believe.

What? I did not pick the browns to win the division, nor did say Mayfield was among the best qb’s.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Duck biggest asset over Mason is his mobility. No way Mason runs for that first down like Duck did....

I’d say it’s seeing the field better and throwing a more accurate football.

Rudy was a dump off guy. His accuracy beyond 5 yards was 41 percent.

I checked ducks pro day. He ran a 4.78

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The WR definitely made a bunch of contested or difficult catches yesterday. And, that's definitely something we rarely saw all year. Johnson did screw up his route leading to the int and one ball heading his way on a crossing pattern was tipped at the line. Other than that, Duck and the WR's, in general, had a very good game.

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Hey clueless. I call 10-6 or better often. I expect to make the playoffs often. We have a lot of talent. That’s how.

The coaching remains a handicap. Try following the game thread and you’ll get a hint.

Butler looks pretty good right now. And I’ve always said randy Is an upgrade over todd.

Weren’t you the guy who felt that Rudy would be a solid NFL player? Yes you were. Dumbass

game threads are a waste. jackasses going overboard early when the Steelers fall behind only to disappear once the game turns around

you really need to quit bashing folks over their opinions on players, your record is clear for all to see and you are clearly sucking hind tit to most on this site.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
And I’ve always said randy Is an upgrade over todd.

You think Randy Fichtner is an upgrade? Really? Have you watched any of the games? Randy Fichtner is the person holding this team back more than anything else. No rhythm, rhyme or reason to the vast majority of his play calls. The guy sucks.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
I saw that. Glad he did it. Usually Tomlin just stands there. I have heard him say sometimes he doesn’t even know what down it is.

Please link the article or video where he said that?