• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

7-5 and we found our QB for the rest of the season

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
When they let Duck throw it, he did very well. The INT and ensuing return were all on Johnson. Not sure what he was doing on that play.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
this game was all about a dominate defense. with that you can afford to take a few chances on offense!!

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
I saw good decision making, the ability to hit a moving target, and a nice touch on the deep ball. He can run with the ball too.

Also he can take a shot without bitching about it, and seems to have good charisma. By no means should Duck be viewed as Ben's long term successor, but I do think he'll prove to be our best back up the Steelers have had in years. Once Ju-Ju comes back things will be even better. Not missing Conner at all.

black and gold apex

Reaction score
Steelers need to ask the league to just have three quarters. For a bunch of no names the offense did alright .

nitsuj1225

Reaction score
He throws a nice ball but definitely room for improvement. Any kind of pressure and he rolls right every time, even when the rush is coming from the right. Nearly a costly fumble when he tried to throw it left handed. Threw it away when we needed to run the clock, just take the sack (Berry will boot it into the endzone anyway).

The script in the first quarter was terrible and it was the same BS play calling they had with Mason. It's not a surprise they started moving the ball when they opened up the playbook. I don't know why Fichtner can't see run run pass doesn't work when you don't have a passing game that scares anyone.

Washington also made some incredible catches today and he got my game ball.

Duck is basically where Mason was before getting knocked out. I thought Mason could improve on his faults but actually regressed (wonder how much of it was the hit). Hopefully it's only up from here for Duck (and Fichtners play calling).

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
When they let Duck throw it, he did very well. The INT and ensuing return were all on Johnson. Not sure what he was doing on that play.

I'm not sure what Johnson was thinking when he ran out of bounds. Well maybe the guy just doesn't like to get hit and did it instinctively.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
He throws a nice ball but definitely room for improvement. Any kind of pressure and he rolls right every time, even when the rush is coming from the right. Nearly a costly fumble when he tried to throw it left handed. Threw it away when we needed to run the clock, just take the sack (Berry will boot it into the endzone anyway).

The script in the first quarter was terrible and it was the same BS play calling they had with Mason. It's not a surprise they started moving the ball when they opened up the playbook. I don't know why Fichtner can't see run run pass doesn't work when you don't have a passing game that scares anyone.

Washington also made some incredible catches today and he got my game ball.

Duck is basically where Mason was before getting knocked out. I thought Mason could improve on his faults but actually regressed (wonder how much of it was the hit). Hopefully it's only up from here for Duck (and Fichtners play calling).

I disagree, Duck played better today than Mason ever has and did it without Pouncey or Ju-Ju.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
He definitely earned another start, but he throws into coverage and that’s going to lead to a big interception game ... he is at least a year or two from being ready...

Its like with Rudolph... the plays he has made often could have gone really wrong... in Rudolph ‘s case you point all of them out and harp on them... with duck you ignore it... they are both young and they are both going to **** up a lot...

I don’t understand why people can’t just root for both of them... its more likely knowing tomlin that Rudolph will be back in as soon as dick has a bad game... which isn’t going to help either, but we are going to have to hope for the best here...

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing how Hodges performs the rest of the year.

He and Washington seem to have some chemistry.

100% Duck looks like he played college ball with Washington. Accuracy is the main thing, with Duck our WR's and even TE's become more of a factor. He throws it down the field. Check down city and dump offs are no longer the cornerstone of the passing game.

nitsuj1225

Reaction score
100% Duck looks like he played college ball with Washington. Accuracy is the main thing, with Duck our WR's and even TE's become more of a factor. He throws it down the field. Check down city and dump offs are no longer the cornerstone of the passing game.

Did you watch the first quarter??

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I disagree, Duck played better today than Mason ever has and did it without Pouncey or Ju-Ju.

Your blinded by your typical agenda... hodges made more than his share of blunders... the wrs caught balls that they dropped for Rudolph, and the browns didn’t make plays on the contested balls...

Look we need the oline and wrs to do better regardless of whom is in... but lets not act like Washington didn’t make this a win instead of another sad offensive showing...

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
18 ran the wrong route. Nevertheless- Hodges managed the game well
He did ok. Missed some open passes, the Int was ugly and he should have sat on it on the one play instead of throwing it. Which stopped the clock. He had good and bad plays. I like how he played overall but there is some things to work on. Happy for the win more than anything.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
Your blinded by your typical agenda... hodges made more than his share of blunders... the wrs caught balls that they dropped for Rudolph, and the browns didn’t make plays on the contested balls...

Look we need the oline and wrs to do better regardless of whom is in... but lets not act like Washington didn’t make this a win instead of another sad offensive showing...

Speaking of Washington, where was he with Rudolph throwing to him?

The last couple games with Hodges, Washington suddenly looks like a potential star WR. Why is that?

To me, Hodges is just the better, more confident passer between him and Rudolph.

Steel G

Reaction score
He did ok. Missed some open passes, the Int was ugly and he should have sat on it on the one play instead of throwing it. Which stopped the clock. He had good and bad plays. I like how he played overall but there is some things to work on. Happy for the win more than anything.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

Yeah, he played about as well as can be expected. They are so young and green on offense, but there are times when Fichtner handcuffs them with awful play calls. This O can't function with run, run, pass. And when up by 10 in the 4th, keep the clock moving. Some of that is on Duck, but you've also got to put him in the right position. Good win though, and good bounce back for the D after a shaky start.

Now, have to watch the Raiders and Titans down the stretch for that final spot. Or maybe the Texans if they fall back. 1st wild card isn't out of the question either if the Rats beat the Bills next week.

Last edited: