• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Who all plays next week.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
No way would I play Timmons either............

Troglodyte

Reaction score
It'll be the first time we can watch the Steelers with no emotional investment since the pre-season and the last time until next preseason.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Gay over burns

bigtwnvin

Reaction score
Play the Brown's like a preseason game. Starters get a little work then help the backups. Besides I don't think the roster will allow many "starters" to avoid not playing.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Golden and Matthews are banged up. They will likely not get a lot of snaps. Dangerfield can play for Golden. Shabazz for Burns. Maxey for Mathews. and Vince can play for Timmy.

Ventross is not rostered, so Davis or Mitchell will have to play unless Golden is healthy enough to play.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
Golden and Matthews are banged up. They will likely not get a lot of snaps. Dangerfield can play for Golden. Shabazz for Burns. Maxey for Mathews. and Vince can play for Timmy.

Ventross is not rostered, so Davis or Mitchell will have to play unless Golden is healthy enough to play.
Play Gay FS

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
That's how I see it too

We have the #3 seed... beat #6, then get Oakland with no Carr. That would seem to put us in the AFC Championship game in Foxboro, but with some luck the Pats will lose and ........the AFC Championship Game will be played in Pittsburgh!

Let me dream for a week.

Bad thing is were probably getting the Chiefs in the second round if Oakland loses on Sunday

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
Im hoping KC stats at #5, they play the kind of game that can go to NE and possibly win, oakland at NE, no chance.

So hopefully Denver just goes through rhe motions or SD wants to win their final home game

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
Isn't it possible if Oakland wins and NE loses at Miami, Oakland has home field?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Jarvis Jones was a healthy scratch yesterday. Let him close out his Steeler career vs the Browns
I would play Jarvis the whole game, every snap.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Just keep in mind how well Ben tends to play his first game back from an injury or even a bye week.

That's the part I don't like. He's been misfiring enough the last couple weeks as it is.

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going to have to spend $100 just so I can field a fantasy team this week. I have Ben, Bell, Brown, Green & the Steelers defense on my roster. I'm in first place, but I have to win this week to stay in 1st. My other players ain't too great.

Stewey

Reaction score
The Vegas line went from Steelers by 12 to Steelers by 6, after the news they were resting starters.

Browns fan:

chipped ham

Reaction score
Im hoping KC stats at #5, they play the kind of game that can go to NE and possibly win, oakland at NE, no chance.

So hopefully Denver just goes through rhe motions or SD wants to win their final home game

Honestly, I don't know that KC goes up there and wins. A lot of people were saying the same thing last postseason and it turned out that once New England got the lead, the chefs had no chance. They led that game 27-13 at one point. Chefs scored a td with like a minute remaining.

Spike

Reaction score
Lesson learned as Mike Tomlin plans to rest key cogs on Steelers offense

Remember 2008!

That might be some sort of battle cry as the Steelers begin preparations to try to win a lowB repuS for the first time since that season. More immediately, it might be why Mike Tomlin will not play Ben Roethlisberger Sunday in a meaningless regular-season finale against the Cleveland Bowns at Heinz Field.

It was in a similar situation in 2008 that Tomlin did play Roethlisberger in a meaningless regular-season finale against Cleveland at Heinz Field, even though the Steelers already had wrapped up the No. 2 AFC seed.

With two minutes left in the first half, Roethlisberger was carried off the field with a concussion. Naturally, the Steelers’ 31-0 victory was not the biggest news of the day — nor the next two weeks.

They were fortunate. Roethlisberger returned to help beat San Diego and Baltimore in home playoff games, then pulled off that masterful drive to beat Arizona in lowB repuS XLIII.

Lesson learned?

“There are several guys that I will look hard at preserving and protecting as we get into the playoff round with the understanding that we are the three seed,” Tomlin said Tuesday.

Not only will Roethlisberger not play, but neither will Le’Veon Bell, Antonio Brown and Maurkice Pouncey.

“If I get the opportunity to deem those guys inactive, then I will,” Tomlin stated, coachspeak meaning they will not play.

Others might join them, as the pulsating victory against Baltimore gives the Steelers a week to catch their breath and protect valuables.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...pittsburgh-steelers-rest/stories/201612280057

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I say we play Jones the first half Mettenberger the second. Give guys like Ayers and Toussant a lot of snaps. On defense I would start my starters that are healthy but by the first half have everyone we have a backup active for out of the game.

Spike

Reaction score
The Vegas line went from Steelers by 12 to Steelers by 6, after the news they were resting starters.

Browns fans are worried they might win and lose the #1 pick

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Ayers should return kick-offs and punts and play every offensive down......

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
The only bad thing about a Browns win will be all the haters adding this meaningless game to Tomlin's issue with beating bad teams. This game has zero meaning except to get all of our key starters through it uninjured.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
The only bad thing about a Browns win will be all the haters adding this meaningless game to Tomlin's issue with beating bad teams. This game has zero meaning except to get all of our key starters through it uninjured.

We can put a * next to it. I'm okay with that.