• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Who all plays next week.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
Well we all know what our opinions are worth so I'll add mine.
I see all the starters playing a couple of series if not the entire half.

Any significant injuries from yesterday? I didn't notice anything.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Well we all know what our opinions are worth so I'll add mine.
I see all the starters playing a couple of series if not the entire half.

Any significant injuries from yesterday? I didn't notice anything.

None that I saw.

Spike

Reaction score
I bet the Raiders wish they had sat Carr in the 4th qtr

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
I bet the Raiders wish they had sat Carr in the 4th qtr

right, all of Steeler Nation would seriously lose it if Ben would twist a knee in a meaningless game, so he could get reps?? No reason for it. Ben can toss a football on the sidelines with AB and LBell in their sweats. I can't remember the last time we had all of our big guns going into the playoffs. No reason to get cute against the Browns.

Spike

Reaction score
Steelers' blueprint: Sit out Browns game, prep playoff push

Ben Roethlisberger said he thinks "a lot of guys should get healthy" Week 17 against the Browns.

The Steelers are locked into the No. 3 seed, making Sunday's game meaningless. Pittsburgh could certainly use the opportunity to rest some of their stars or at the very least scale back a few workloads. There is no reason for Le'Veon Bell to play every snap against Cleveland, and the same goes for OLB James Harrison.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/...ueprint-sit-out-browns-game-prep-playoff-push

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
The Ravens play next week, for the last time!

Jarvis Jones will be auditioning for his team next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app
And the Saskatchewan Rough Riders and Winnipeg Blue Bombers should be watching very closely. You know the thing that galls me the most about this whole thing is that he never played any different than he ever has. In fact, I thought he played slightly better at the beginning of the year and unfortunately might earn a modest FA sign with the team. But now after four years of sucking badly, and most of us begging for him to be cut the experts suddenly realize he is terrible and sit him. Wow, Mike I could have saved you a lot of time and money.
* Just looked at his contract and structuring basically made it more expensive to cut him then keep him. It would have been a 5 million dollar hit to get him off of the books last year.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd play every backup I could. Every healthy backup would get the majority of playing time.

Ben/Brown/Bell/Starting O-line/ don't see the field.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
A few of the Oline would have to play. They are thin on the active roster Finney, Mihalik and Hubbard. They have to release someone to bring up someone from the PS. Defense is a little different. They can field a near full team of seconds and thirds. Maybe Burns and or Cockrell have to play becauseyou need a lot of corners for sub packages.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
A few of the Oline would have to play. They are thin on the active roster Finney, Mihalik and Hubbard. They have to release someone to bring up someone from the PS. Defense is a little different. They can field a near full team of seconds and thirds. Maybe Burns and or Cockrell have to play becauseyou need a lot of corners for sub packages.

I think you could tuck **** in for the game.And play Gilbert. As **** was a little banged up. So when a **** is banged up it needs its rest for the next big performance.

:ghost:

Last edited:

Stewey

Reaction score
For once, I'll be thrilled to see Landry Jones on a Sunday.

I'd like to see Justin Gilbert play against his old team and grab a couple int's.

Our backups beating these **** Stains would be priceless.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Jarvis Jones was a healthy scratch yesterday. Let him close out his Steeler career vs the Browns

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I agree. He wasn't a problem child, he gave full effort. He just wasn't good enough to fulfill his promise as a first round pick. Wasn't his fault he was over drafted. If he was a third or fourth round pick, he would have been cut un-notably two years ago.

obxsteeler

Reaction score
Just keep in mind how well Ben tends to play his first game back from an injury or even a bye week.

Spike

Reaction score
We essentially have a first round bye just like the 1 and 2 seeds.

That's how I see it too

We have the #3 seed... beat #6, then get Oakland with no Carr. That would seem to put us in the AFC Championship game in Foxboro, but with some luck the Pats will lose and ........the AFC Championship Game will be played in Pittsburgh!

Let me dream for a week.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I heard Tomlin name Brown, Bell and Pouncey as likely getting a track suit Sunday. I couldn't hear him name Roethlisberger. I might have missed it. I hope so because that makes zero sense to me.

mdk2

Reaction score
I heard Tomlin name Brown, Bell and Pouncey as likely getting a track suit Sunday. I couldn't hear him name Roethlisberger. I might have missed it. I hope so because that makes zero sense to me.

Yeah, he said Ben too.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Yeah, he said Ben too.
OK good thanks. My kids were yelling at each other in the background. He must have said it first, but all I heard was AB, Bell,Pouncey. I'm fine with that in terms of inactive and realize that you can only have 7 or 8 in actives. I disagree that everyone who gets a helmet plays. Timmons and Shazier can have a helmet but that is valuable experience for Metackavich and Williams. Jarvis has been a loyal employee and deserves a right to put game film out there in place of Harrison. And Moates might as well get most of the snaps for Dupree who spent most of the season on IR.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
Line up
QB Mettingburger
RB Williams Toussiant
FB Nix
WR Rogers
WR Ayers
WR Halimton
TE James Grimble
OL just Pouncey and Decastro sit

D
DE Walton
NT Mcullers
DE matthews
OLB Jones
OLB Moats
MLB Williams
MLB Mat..../Timmons
CB Burns
CB Gilbert
S Golden
S Ventross

mdk2

Reaction score
Line up
QB Mettingburger
RB Williams Toussiant
FB Nix
WR Rogers
WR Ayers
WR Halimton
TE James Grimble
OL just Pouncey and Decastro sit

D
DE Walton
NT Mcullers
DE matthews
OLB Jones
OLB Moats
MLB Williams
MLB Mat..../Timmons
CB Burns
CB Gilbert
S Golden
S Ventross

Mettenburger won't be starting but other than, that looks about right IMO.