• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Who all plays next week.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Id sit every starter but I dont think you can do that with the roster only being so big. No AB, Ben or Bell. No Brainer. I wouldn't even dress them. Every other healthy receiver plays. I'd sit Pouncey and my best tackle Gilbert or Big AL. Defense every LB. Tuitt, Hargraves sit. Both safeties sit. Let Gilbert play and sit Cockrell, Gay or Burns.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Seriously if they could sit every starter I would. There just isn't enough players on the roster. For example they only have 7 or 8 lineman on the active roster. You can only sit two or maybe three there.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I play everyone for at least a half except for maybe Bell. The receivers still need to develop a rapport with Ben if they are going to make a deep run in the playoffs. You are slowly seeing some signs with Eli and Ben, but it just isn't crisp right now.

Stoney

Reaction score
Sorry, Ben plays. He is terrible after having a week off, so he plays for 3 quarters, which means Bell and Brown and the whole O-line play too. They can sit some defensive players, but Ben plays.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
They've made themselves a bye. So I guess what is the point of these teams getting a bye. You get your team as healthy as possible. Any idea of playing the big three is just stupid.

scraps

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
They've made themselves a bye. So I guess what is the point of these teams getting a bye. You get your team as healthy as possible. Any idea of playing the big three is just stupid.

Is the bye a lock? If not, what's the current scenario? Who has to lose so we don't have to worry about winning next week?

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Is the bye a lock? If not, what's the current scenario? Who has to lose so we don't have to worry about winning next week?
Yeah we are locked into the #3 seed.

Cras108er

Reaction score
Agreed. Everyone plays for the #1 and #2 seed so they can get a bye (and home field advantage). Why wouldn't we take advantage of the week to get healthy for the stretch run.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

scraps

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah we are locked into the #3 seed.

Sit as many starters as possible then. They could all benefit having two weeks to rest and heal...especially Ben. He's been off-target on the easy throws way too often the past two games.

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
If Tomlin's fantasy roster looks anything like mine, everyone plays 60 minutes.

Stoney

Reaction score
When Peyton was in Indy they rested their starters the last game of every season, and never saw the big game. And many teams earn byes and promptly lose their first game in round 2 of the playoffs. Rest the players who need to get healthy, and play the players you need to remain sharp -Ben, Bell, Brown, and the O-line.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
It's different when you don't play in the wildcard round. That becomes three weeks between games. Traditionally the Steelers play well out of a bye. Not this year as Ben was still hurt. But they played a very complete game against the Giants on 10 days rest after beating the Colts on Thanksgiving.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Shazier should sit.

The rookies should also get rest.

The only injured player that I would play is DHB. He needs to get back to game speed.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Steeler Nation mobile app

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Ben, Bell, Brown, Tuit, Green, Harrison and Shazier I won't even give a hat to. Other starter see limited action if any at all if possible.

Spike

Reaction score
Sit all the starters on offense - the game is worthless, they aren't going to rust in a couple days and need the rest to be 100% healthy.

Let Landry Jones take his lumps.

The defense doesn't matter, they are swiss cheese no matter who plays..

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Sit all the starters on offense - the game is worthless, they aren't going to rust in a couple days and need the rest to be 100% healthy.

Let Landry Jones take his lumps.

The defense doesn't matter, they are swiss cheese no matter who plays..
99% agreed but I'd rather see Mettenberger...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Steeler Nation mobile app

steelhurt

In Andy I trust....
Reaction score
I would sit Ben and Bell and use Landry and Zach and DWill. Another weeks rest for Tuitt who should be ready playoff time and same for Shazier. Ladarius Green will and should be a no go for the Brownies but I fully expect him, Coates and HeyBay to be ready for playoffs game #1.
Although I'm not a Tomlin fan I do however think he will be smart about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app