• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Which was the bigger Superbowl 43 play?

What was the best play of Super Bowl 43?

• Harrison returns an INT 100yds for a TD

Votes: 28 77.8%
  • Holmes catches the game winning TD

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Since we're on to polls right now,

Which play was the biggest/most impactful/favorite, however you want to call it, play in that lowB repuS?

Last edited:

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
The one that won the trophy, shouldn't even be a debate. Harrison scored there was still an entire half to play.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I wish could vote Cope, but being from Montana I'm afraid I'm not qualified.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
The one that won the trophy, shouldn't even be a debate. Harrison scored there was still an entire half to play.

A victory is the sum of it's parts, not a final score. Harrison's score was the biggest part of that victory.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
A victory is the sum of it's parts, not a final score. Harrison's score was the biggest part of that victory.
No way, at worse if that play doesn't happen it's 14-10 arizona at the half or 10-10. If the TD pass doesn't happen there's a good chance we don't have that trophy

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Harrison easily. You took points off them and gave them to us. Arizona was lighting us up the second half. Without Harrisons play their might not have even been a chance for holmes catch. Also we still had a few downs and time to score if he does not make it.

SteveA

Reaction score
Harrison's was more unlikely that is for darn sure.......

Time expired and he rumbled freakin' 100 yards. Had to fall on a player and NOT hit the ground before the goal line. Evaded a tackle?

Thing of beauty....Collapsing on the field and out of breath from this improbable run.

8 career interceptions and ZERO TD's regular season.

I INT & I TD in the lowB repuS........Man Steeler history rocks!!!

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
I wish could vote Cope, but being from Montana I'm afraid I'm not qualified.

I don't exclude Wig, You can just say who you like.

Is anyone voting? Maybe I screwed up the settings.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
The Harrison play was more improbable for sure, but most important, I'll take the one that put us in the lead with 35 seconds left that gave us the trophy

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
Also if not for the td pass, no one gives a damn about the Harrison play

Troglodyte

Reaction score
Also if not for the td pass, no one gives a damn about the Harrison play

If not for Harrison's play, the Steelers are down multiple scores and nobody's paying attention to the game.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
We still trailed after the Harrison TD. Have to go with the Holmes catch. That gave us the lead.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
The BIGGEST play was the one that put the final in "final score" (Holmes' catch)

The BEST play was the one that was improbable ... made by one of the least likely to intercept a pass in coverage that you could have thought of. Remember, even the coaches were shocked by that INT because Harrison kinda "freelanced" on it .. He wasn't supposed to be where he was at. However, he'd studied film that showed him a tendency on AZ's part and he exploited that tendency for an INT and score.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Harrison play swung 7 our way instead of 7 their way before the half. Massive momentum changer. Both of those touchdowns are needed to win the game. We certainly would have needed another score in the second half. Harrison's was the absolute most improbable to achieve. It's certainly one of my top 5 steeler plays of all time for me. It's right up with Swann's beautiful leaping catches.

It's hard to say if we even are in a position to win that game with Holmes at the end had the events at the end of the first half had not occurred....

Lorrie

Reaction score
We needed them both and both were important. But I will not vote against James. He's a beast. I remember yelling and screaming and jumping around my living room waving my TT shouting, "Love me some James Harrison!" LOL God I loved that play.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
We still trailed after the Harrison TD. Have to go with the Holmes catch. That gave us the lead.

If by "trailed" you mean "led 17-7" you are correct. Otherwise I think your opinion should be disqualified immediately.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
If by "trailed" you mean "led 17-7" you are correct. Otherwise I think your opinion should be disqualified immediately.
Poorly worded, but try we still trailed later in the game is what I meant. Not like it won the game.

I was sitting right in front of where Harrison caught it. So I think I'm qualified.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Steeler Nation mobile app

Last edited:

bmoritz

Reaction score
IMHO, the Harrison play is the second biggest play in NFL playoff history, behind only the Immaculate Reception. The Holmes catch was legendary, not putting it down in any way/shape/form, but the Harrison 100 yard TD was downright otherworldly.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
We were losing late in the 4th, Ben to Holmes td pass happened we were then leading and won our 6th, so it's not close

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
What a interesting debate.

Harrison's play swung the momentum in the Steelers favor, then in the second half that shifted.

And Holmes sealed the deal in a clutch crunch time of the game.

for me

1A Ben to Santonio
1B HArrison INT return for a TD

Tough decision and I damn nearly ran out of breath trying to decide.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
You know what is another great play in SB history. Jermaine Kearse catch on the ground at the 6 yard line against the Pat's. Know why it doesn't mean anything. Cause Wilson got picked two plays later. Without Holmes catch as thrilling as Harrison play is a minor footnote