• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Which 2nd year WR is going to have a breakout year

Which 2nd Year WR is going to have a breakout Year

• Total voters

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Hard to really say.

_ Reports are Juju works out with Antonio and will give Rogers a run for the slot position.
- DHB worked with a trainer to get quicker/faster in the offseason
- Ayers is catching a ridiculous amount of balls each day, similar to how Antonio works after practice.
-Hamilton and Hunter IMO are on the outside looking in going into training camp.

But of course anything is possible, we could even see Coates get the boot in a slightly surprising move,

We'll see................

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
omar already pointed that out and I implied that in my post also....thanks for bringing NOTHING new to the topic...just like always

Coolie,

Ya want something new?

We'll keep you in our thoughts for final cut down day :) If he does make the team, please tell us you have a #15 jersey. It could be a one of a kind, collector's item years from now.

Shades of the Mark Stock jersey for those who remember him catching a few balls from Bubby Brister.

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Coolie,

Ya want something new?

We'll keep you in our thoughts for final cut down day :) If he does make the team, please tell us you have a #15 jersey. It could be a one of a kind, collector's item years from now.

Shades of the Mark Stock jersey for those who remember him catching a few balls from Bubby Brister.

still nothing new....same **** was said last training camp......

SteveA

Reaction score
Sammie Coates.............

Gonna be a fierce battle for playing time....The competition & challenges he faces will either break him or he will be the ultimate "breakout".....

I'm gonna say it here right now: Sammie rises above his circumstance, breaks some really long ones, & makes a with everything to prove Martavius better, all at the same time.......You heard it here first............

BTW...I know it's his 3rd year, but 1 catch in his Rookie year gets him on this list.....

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
the guy the Steelers will trade before training camp since he won't have a prayer of beating out #15

I applaud your enthusiasm for Ayers, but man our WR lineup is stacked. Its going to take an injury, suspension or as you noted a trade for Ayers to be on our roster.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
If Madden is just like the NFL, it will be Ayers

just finished his second season on my franchise and he had 117 receptions for 2232 yards and 22 TDs

Ben had 63 TD passes...

Going to be a big year for both of them

Did you do that in All Pro level? I get my **** kicked out at all pro, I'm definitly not 20 anymore

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
I applaud your enthusiasm for Ayers, but man our WR lineup is stacked. Its going to take an injury, suspension or as you noted a trade for Ayers to be on our roster.

I agree 100%. If not for Bryant and the injures we had at WR, Ayers never sees the 53 man roster. With Ju_Ju and Bryant poised to win NFL comeback player of the year, the odds of Ayers making an impact in 2017 are about even with a single guy here dating a super model.

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
I agree 100%. If not for Bryant and the injures we had at WR, Ayers never sees the 53 man roster. With Ju_Ju and Bryant poised to win NFL comeback player of the year, the odds of Ayers making an impact in 2017 are about even with a single guy here dating a super model.

He COULD beat Rogers out for the slot....he could win either the PR or KR duties, or possibly both.....