• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

When to throw the red flag

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
We dont know WHY there is no one in the booth. I would assume a group decision between the FO and coaches. Makes no sense, regardless of whose decision it is. If im the HC, i bring it up in every conversation if i had been overruled. Presumably, even if not his decision, tomlin is complicit in the result.

Yeah, ive never seen players do that. The player at the point has no idea where he is, Ben who is closer than Tomlin didn't see it, no other closer player saw it. All players went to the huddle, we could see them pretty clearly. Not one of them was asking for the challenge flag.

I just explained to you why Conner wasn't asking for it. Why you keep bringing up Ben, I have no idea. Ben was never pictured.

And at the end of the day, it's the head coach's job to determine when to challenge, regardless of whether or not a player is begging him for it. I've seen plenty of instances where they think they've caught the ball and start pleading, the coach quickly throws the flag, and it's shown on the replay that the player was wrong.

ark steel

Reaction score
But that's not what YOU said. YOU said that when you think of Shula, you think of Griese because HE was the quarterback who led the Dolphins to their undefeated season.

Just cannot admit when you're wrong, can you?

You know who the QB in the SB was, right?

ark steel

Reaction score
I just explained to you why Conner wasn't asking for it. Why you keep bringing up Ben, I have no idea. Ben was never pictured.

And at the end of the day, it's the head coach's job to determine when to challenge, regardless of whether or not a player is begging him for it. I've seen plenty of instances where they think they've caught the ball and start pleading, the coach quickly throws the flag, and it's shown on the replay that the player was wrong.

We didnt see all the players going back to the huddle like normal? IIRC, they even sorta hurried to the huddle, like they wanted to get a play off quickly before the other team was ready.

You gave some BS reason why Connor didn't. It is just that, BS. It might be what you THINK, but doesn't make it true.

This might be hard for you to grasp, but Ben was just an example of another player who might, normally, be yelling at the coach for the red flag. I added "other players closer" to make it more clear that the point was every player on the field was closer to Tomlin and, when we saw all of them going back to the huddle, none of them were encouraging him to throw the red flag.

Just like the other idea i tossed out, catch v non-catch was an example. Try to grasp that. Yes, a catch and spotnof the ball are not the same thing. The idea is that, regardless of what examples you want to use, what seems to be obvious to us may not go that way during game time. An example of review failures to note the obvious.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
We didnt see all the players going back to the huddle like normal? IIRC, they even sorta hurried to the huddle, like they wanted to get a play off quickly before the other team was ready.

You gave some BS reason why Connor didn't. It is just that, BS. It might be what you THINK, but doesn't make it true.

This might be hard for you to grasp, but Ben was just an example of another player who might, normally, be yelling at the coach for the red flag. I added "other players closer" to make it more clear that the point was every player on the field was closer to Tomlin and, when we saw all of them going back to the huddle, none of them were encouraging him to throw the red flag.

Just like the other idea i tossed out, catch v non-catch was an example. Try to grasp that. Yes, a catch and spotnof the ball are not the same thing. The idea is that, regardless of what examples you want to use, what seems to be obvious to us may not go that way during game time. An example of review failures to note the obvious.

I didn't give you a BS reason why Connor wasn't worried about lobbying Tomlin. If the guy knew he had landed in the end zone and crossed the goal line, why would he be concerned about going after what he perceived to be his own fumble? I know that's a difficult concept for you to understand, but try and put the pieces together in your little pea-brain.

What IS total bullshit is the fact that your main argument is that you THINK that a coach should just automatically throw a challenge flag because a player is pleading with him to do so, and if there's no evidence of any player on the field yelling at his coach, then by God, he'd better keep it in his pocket.

Try to grasp how stupid that makes you look.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
You know who the QB in the SB was, right?

Yeah. Bob Griese, starting his first game since week 5 and throwing a grand total of 11 passes for 88 yards in a 14-7 game.